Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3m crystaline 40% all around or 20%? 70% windshield vs panoflex?? vs rayno s7 vs photosync....? pearl white s with white interior...dont want greenish tint looking..prefer grayish or bronze even.....huber optic?? I mean my gosh too many choices.

Did 15% on all windows today minus windshield. I would have done 5% but the wife thinks it's just to dark for her at night.

Few night time pics
FB_IMG_1489117670507.jpg
FB_IMG_1489117681548.jpg

I'm done with front window tinting tickets. The time it takes to get it removed, pay the fine, get signed off and put back on is not worth it. In every car I've tinted the front windows I've had a fix it ticket. Im done. That said I did remove my front license plate so I'm a total hypocrite. So anyway, I got my windows tinted with 3M crystalline tint today 70%. I didn't do the glass roof or windshield. It cost me $550. I did it a Sunshield Window Tinting in Sherman Oaks CA he's done all my cars. Great work. I may go back and do the roof and windshield as it starts to heat up this summer. I'm concerned about the emergency air conditioning that turns on at 105 degrees draining my battery any thoughts on this setting?

I'm done with front window tinting tickets. The time it takes to get it removed, pay the fine, get signed off and put back on is not worth it. In every car I've tinted the front windows I've had a fix it ticket. Im done. That said I did remove my front license plate so I'm a total hypocrite. So anyway, I got my windows tinted with 3M crystalline tint today 70%. I didn't do the glass roof or windshield. It cost me $550. I did it a Sunshield Window Tinting in Sherman Oaks CA he's done all my cars. Great work. I may go back and do the roof and windshield as it starts to heat up this summer. I'm concerned about the emergency air conditioning that turns on at 105 degrees draining my battery any thoughts on this setting?

How do you get busted for the front windshield tint? With 3M crystalline 70%, I can't even tell that the window is tinted at all.

The darker the tint, the higher likelihood of getting a window tint violation. With a 70 or 75% window tint you are very unlikely to have any problems as this is very close to the legal limit for the front two windows. Even our spectra photo sync 45 or 55% shades are very light and our clients don't have any problems with law enforcement.

1999 California LAW: California Vehicle Code 26708 14 C c if anyone needs some bedtime reading. ;)

Law section

Each state has different rules to abide by, check with your state or county laws for proper compliance.