Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X deliveries drop off cliff, down 56%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree 100% with Stirfelt's assessment. I can't go a week without seeing a report (or multiple reports) about Tesla going bankrupt. And it's been that way for a very long time. And yet, Tesla is still going, against all odds.
What I've noticed on car forums over time is its gone from not liking Tesla because they are pure EV to wanting other EV's to succeed to assist in the demise of Tesla!
I think part of the hate is not always because people don't like EV's its some of the Tesla fanboys that have turned people off the brand. In many ways Telsa are very much the Apple of the automotive world. People who are 100% exclusively locked in to the Apple ecosystem (regardless if there is better options) can be quite annoying, close minded and are definitely apologists for bad decisions and sometimes sub par products...lets be honest we see some of that behaviour on here.
I think my Model-S is a brilliant car and of all the vehicles I own I look forward to driving it the most (mainly because of the performance). But it has its fair share of issues that I grizzle about and unfortunately I would say are also never going to be resolved with the way the company is run.

I suspect that Tesla is fighting "head winds" from the media just like the president. (No intent to start a political discussion).

"Just like the President?"

If you don't want to start a political discussion, don't compare what Tesla is facing to the rightfully earned disdain towards the piece of filth that is diving the country. Unlike the other thing you compared Tesla to, Tesla is trying to save the environment with American innovation and science.

Does the 56% drop include CPO? CPO S prices have been rising lately. Esp. for facelifts

I hope they play their promo/price levers right for Q2 end.

It's pretty clear by now the S/X had been shut down in preparation for the upgrade. There were reports that earlier work force reduction happened mostly in the S/X line too. You don't hear anyone mention this when they continue to cite the Q1 number.

What I've noticed on car forums over time is its gone from not liking Tesla because they are pure EV to wanting other EV's to succeed to assist in the demise of Tesla!
I think part of the hate is not always because people don't like EV's its some of the Tesla fanboys that have turned people off the brand. In many ways Telsa are very much the Apple of the automotive world. People who are 100% exclusively locked in to the Apple ecosystem (regardless if there is better options) can be quite annoying, close minded and are definitely apologists for bad decisions and sometimes sub par products...lets be honest we see some of that behaviour on here.
I think my Model-S is a brilliant car and of all the vehicles I own I look forward to driving it the most (mainly because of the performance). But it has its fair share of issues that I grizzle about and unfortunately I would say are also never going to be resolved with the way the company is run.

There is actually no contradiction between EV haters and people who want other EV makers to kill Tesla. They hate great EV more so than they hate "I told you so it's not that good" EV. In other words a 2.4 sec 0-60 EV embarrasses them much more so than a 5.5 sec EV.

Even more important is do you think those companies would still push hard for EV if Tesla does not exist?

Last edited:
I suspect that Tesla is fighting "head winds" from the media just like the president. (No intent to start a political discussion).

LOL!!! This has to be the funniest posts I've seen in a while. I'm not sure how you make a statement like that without intending to start a political discussion?!!! It's like throwing one big juicy steak into a pack of starving wolves and saying 'No intent to start a fight'. :) :) :)

And so as not to disappoint, blaming the media for making DT look bad is like a blaming the wind for carrying the stench of a pile of dung (No intent to denigrate the current US president) :) :) :)

Back to the headline of this thread. . . I just saw on Reddit the first report of somebody receiving an updated Model S. (Deliveries were apparently held up for a while because of regulatory approval.) It should be interesting to see what happens to S & X demand when reviews of these refreshed cars start filtering out.

"Just like the President?"

If you don't want to start a political discussion, don't compare what Tesla is facing to the rightfully earned disdain towards the piece of filth that is diving the country. Unlike the other thing you compared Tesla to, Tesla is trying to save the environment with American innovation and science.

And that’s exactly his point. Others have an equally strong opinion that sees his actions as extremely positive. Just like Tesla. And just like Tesla, the first comment about the president was a negative one.

Also just like the president, the comments and reactions are generally not open to honest or fruitful discussion. The visceral reaction is the only one people will hear. Which is why it’s noteworthy (even newsworthy) when people change their mind about either issue.

Chevy vs Ford was a jovial fan comment.
Tesla - Anything is hyper fanatical.

Reactions: Stirfelt
Back to the headline of this thread. . . I just saw on Reddit the first report of somebody receiving an updated Model S. (Deliveries were apparently held up for a while because of regulatory approval.) It should be interesting to see what happens to S & X demand when reviews of these refreshed cars start filtering out.

and free FUSC on inventory is a factor.

Reactions: testarossa

1. Do you honestly believe people like Chanos, Lutz and Spiegal throw constant shade on Tesla because of “Fanboys”?

2. Do you think there would be as many articles written about Tesla (positive and negative) if there wasn’t money to be made?

Reactions: Stirfelt
Back to one of the earlier points, and one that keeps coming up, I don't think the next S (and X) screen will be landscape. I get that it would be one less code fork, but it's not as if Tesla can forget about the current S & fleet, so I think they'll stick with the portrait mode. It's also with looking at the interior of the Roadster, that is certainly inspired by the Model 3, but maintains the portrait screen. The S & X obviously couldn't have such a cozy environment (or dopey wheel), but I do think it's the general direction Tesla will take the revised interior. they have to be really careful about the next interior feeling or appearing cheap, now that that have to start winning over more mainstream adopters that would normally lean Audi/Merc/Jag/BMW etc.

upload_2019-5-30_16-51-47.png