Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X Refresh UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had an update from the Delivery team, they are expecting my car to be Q4 2022 -> Q1 2023, which still lines up with the orignal end of 2022 estimate at order on 01/01/2021. I know most Tesla staff members just guess as they are provided very little information but I can hope :)

Reactions: MrT3
Do we have any update on whether we can still expect UK deliveries of the S+X H2 2022 ? I've emailed TeslaGB but not holding out on a response.. If it gets pushed to 2023 it makes the EQS 53+ AMG an attractive offering deliverable before summer this year.
I spoke to an advisor again today. They were saying ‘hopefully’ 2023 but she sounded fairly clueless. To give absolutely no timeline is a very strange way to do business. Laughable really.

Do we have any update on whether we can still expect UK deliveries of the S+X H2 2022 ? I've emailed TeslaGB but not holding out on a response.. If it gets pushed to 2023 it makes the EQS 53+ AMG an attractive offering deliverable before summer this year.
Ive been looking out for the update time line on the S and X as well but I dont think we will see RHD vehicles this year in the UK.

Just joining the room - ordered an X Plaid back in October on the off chance it arrives when our (yet to arrive) Y is due for replacement and assuming there are still the tax benefits to be had.

I’ve recently taken delivery of my model y performance , which is fantastic. Really pleased with it. My daughter-in-law has a model y long range. My son has on order to replace this for her a model X long-range. For himself, he has a model S plaid on order.
I’ve been searching the Internet for any news on the S and the X. While it’s encouraging to see them reaching Europe in left hand drive form. Was hoping I would find on this forum some snippets of info as to when we can expect UK deliveries in right hand drive in 2023?

Nobody knows really.

What has surprised me is the news I’ve heard that in Europe (could just be Norway) you can already find new inventory MS and MX on the Tesla website. I find it amazing if true that there’s new inventory sitting there in the month they started making deliveries in the region.

The reason I bring it up, there was an assumption the European backlog would take maybe 6-9 months to catch up before they started making them in RHD. If they catch up more quickly, then presumably they’ll move to make RHD sooner.

But.. nobody really knows and it’s possible Tesla may not have even made the decision

Reactions: crown62
Nobody knows really.

What has surprised me is the news I’ve heard that in Europe (could just be Norway) you can already find new inventory MS and MX on the Tesla website. I find it amazing if true that there’s new inventory sitting there in the month they started making deliveries in the region.

The reason I bring it up, there was an assumption the European backlog would take maybe 6-9 months to catch up before they started making them in RHD. If they catch up more quickly, then presumably they’ll move to make RHD sooner.

But.. nobody really knows and it’s possible Tesla may not have even made the decision

The onset of a global recession may have had an impact on reservation holders following through with their purchases. I know a couple of people who have put down £100 deposits but I doubt they’ll translate to completed transactions come the time.

I hope it has an accelerative impact on RHD availability as I can’t wait!

Reactions: crown62
Nobody knows really.

Yeah, it looks like there’s lots of plaid S/X. I couldn’t see any LR models. I think plaid is pretty pointless personally. 0-60 of around 4 seconds is plenty fast.

The core benefit of Palladium drivetrain (the carbon overwrapped rotors etc.) is that acceleration force feel not tapering off above 45 mph, instead sensed pretty constantly in terms of ~1 g until nearly 100 mph. Pleasing to have, but by no means necessary and similarly accept my own 4 second acceleration burst is preferable for comfort.

Just had this email regarding my MXP order.

Your Model X Order Agreement will be updated within 48 hours with our latest pricing, making your Tesla more affordable.

You can review your Order Agreement anytime in your Tesla Account under

'Documents'. “

Had exactly the same. I paid the £100 reservation for the Plaid X in a 7 seat configuration (which I don't think they even make!) ages and ages ago. Price currently showing as £121k. We also have an S Plaid reserved, not had an email about that.