Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2015 deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Monday 12/21/15; our Sig X #0023x arrived at the delivery center...

That sucks. Especially because you ended up with the kids being disappointed, I know exactly how that feels...

I'm not sure what to think about this experience. They're still trying to get the process down, so manufacturing problems are to be expected. I think it's great that they told you what the problems are, but not so great that it was always when you checked in, the DS never contacted you proactively. Great that they at least noticed all the problems instead of handing you some half-assed car with inoperable seats and a wonky windshield, not so great that they gradually noticed all these problems after telling you the car is almost ready - whatever happened to thorough quality assurance before shipping? And finally... not so great that the problems haven't been resolved after 10 days.

The upsides I see here is that they at least give you details about the status (as long as you ask), and they're making sure everything is actually working. I'm hopeful that they'll streamline the process over the next few months. I assume that they have a large number of defects to deal with right now, and the fact that they're actively trying to hire new DS means that they have a shortage of them, and lots of new hires who are still trying to figure out how things work. As an early sig owner, you're taking one for the team. At least you'll get your X long before us common townfolk, so you have the last laugh.

This explains a lot. I paid in full last week and was told car was finishing production and to expect delivery before year end and now silence and no response from DS to emails about status. I suspect there must be some issues that need repair. Sig X loaded except for Ludacris. Vin #3xx

This explains a lot. I paid in full last week and was told car was finishing production and to expect delivery before year end and now silence and no response from DS to emails about status. I suspect there must be some issues that need repair. Sig X loaded except for Ludacris. Vin #3xx
Surprised you didn't call DS since they were not responding to email.

Went to the Scottsdale SC a couple days ago and the guy up front said no sig Model X's yet. He said they were hoping for one any day now. Was my first time to that service center and you can't see anything from the front. Maybe I should have asked for a tour! I imagine that this particular SC is smaller than most of the ones in CA where these pics are coming from. Anyone been to this SC recently and hear any different?
Yes. Scottsdale DID deliver three Model Xs on the morning of Thursday the 31st, as I posted on another of these Model X Delivery threads (can't remember which one). One Sig red, one white, one titanium.
The Service Center employees had to be circumspect at least to the point of deception; whether or not they crossed over into outright lying I have no idea nor wish to find out. I think it suffices to say that they were not about to let any of the public know of the Xs they had prior to being able to deliver them to their respective owners. I do know that it took a significant amount of time (and if I knew how many days that meant I wouldn't reveal it) to prepare them properly for delivery. That could mean that they were, indeed, just behind that wall over there when you stopped by.

Breaking news about 1 hour ago: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-delivers-17-400-vehicles-170000910.html

Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) Q4 deliveries consisted of 17,192 Model S vehicles and 208 Model X vehicles. (507 Model X vehicles were produced during Q4 with the remainder to be delivered in early Q1.)

Model X deliveries are in line with the very early stages of our Model X production ramp as we prioritize quality above all else. That ramp has been increasing exponentially, with the daily production rate in the last week of the year tracking to production of 238 Model X vehicles per week.

This should give some indication of where things stand as far as completion of U.S. Signature Series deliveries and the start of general production vehicles.

2) If I just stand 24 inches away from one of the front door and hit open, its absolutely going to hit me. Thats fine, I'm soft. Will it stop for a car thats 24 inches away? the tech guy says it will stop when it hits something. I don't love that. I'd rather push open a door thats opened 2 inches than try to catch it before it hits something. Certainly I don't trust a valet to do that.

Yes, the auto-opening front doors will stop for a car parked 24 inches (or less) away. The sensor isn't resistance based, and it will stop before hitting the other car.

Last edited by a moderator:
10606309_10207084306720449_5330202076465207777_n.jpg

Model X delivery Austin Tx

My Model X shipped over new year holiday but has not arrived in Austin. DS has not inspected it yet. I was invited to pick it up Thursday 1/7 but I am traveling. I told DS will pick it up 1/11 which gives service center some time to inspect and fix anything that might need fixing before delivery. Vin #3xx was one of the 300 Tesla said was produced in 2015 but not delivered.

Picking up my Model X Signature tomorrow, January 6, at 2pm. 5YJXCAE40GFS00220. I noticed that Vangogh's VIN includes "CBE41" while mine is "CBA40". I remember a thread deciphering the Model S VIN. Is there one for the Model X VIN?
Trading in my Model S 5YJSA1DP2CFP01907