Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over 17,000 miles 2022 Model XLR now and our long term driving energy use has dropped to 299 wh/mi.

Chill mode. Lots of long distance driving and some mountain driving.

IMG_4919.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: totoro722
If our old MX had this efficiency that would be awesome.

IF we get another one, what years should we consider? I want the classic vertical screen but better efficiency.

2019? 2020?
Try out Find and Compare Cars. Note that standards changed for 2024 so comparing prior years to 2024 might be "apples to oranges," but it sounds like you want to compare some legacy models to a 2022 LR, and based on my observations, since my 2017 numbers didn't change, 2022/2023 numbers likely didn't change, either. You would want to compare MPGe or kWh/100mi, but you might also want to compare total range, as the model that is more efficient could also have a smaller battery.

2022 MX Plaid delivered 6/30/22 back when they were crazy expensive with 22" wheels.

I do not do a lot of "flooring it" (but I have a few times) but I leave it in Plaid mode, and do not do anything to try and drive it efficiently. Just enjoy the car!

In SE FL so no cold weather inefficiency. Maybe some hot weather inefficiency though!

IMG_4101.JPG

Your X is definitely running well. Mine is north of 400 wh/mi b/c I've been chasing an air suspension issue (leaking internally through the compressor this time) but I've seen where the 2016 X seems to average around 340 wh/mi in normal driving, 70% highway. I've got two of them and they are both 2016 90D models, very similar power usage until the compressor started acting up.

2023 MX LR,
TeslaFi says 329 Wh/Mile pver 7,081 miles driver (8,462 Rated Miles Used - I don't know what the difference is)
20", 7 Seat, MSM when I had to pay for it.
Always set on CHILL MODE,
Always charged @ Tesla SuperChargers (Free for 3 yrs),
I drive it NOT like I stole it although it is tempting, very tempting.
Not garaged, too much "stuff" in the garage!
Working on building a car port.
Had a 2019 6 seater X LR - Liked the pre-refresh displayed drive status. Did NOT like the 6 seater - lost cargo space.

Attachments

• MX-LifetimeMap.PNG
    MX-LifetimeMap.PNG
    772.9 KB · Views: 20
2022 MX Plaid delivered 6/30/22 back when they were crazy expensive with 22" wheels.

I do not do a lot of "flooring it" (but I have a few times) but I leave it in Plaid mode, and do not do anything to try and drive it efficiently. Just enjoy the car!

In SE FL so no cold weather inefficiency. Maybe some hot weather inefficiency though!

View attachment 1009775
Ditto these efficiencies with our 2016 Model X Ludicrous.

I thought the new X’s were supposed to be a lot more efficient?

that's a good datapoint for long duration usage at a lot of conditions, 46k miles has to be (per the average driver) over 3 years of use.

That bears up what I've been seeing, the X is a portable barn that is hurt by the wind on the highway.
That's just under a year of the cars usage I think. It would be nice if I could see from the logs when I reset it.

If I'd got Teslamate sorted again(pi shortage issues) I'd know when it was 🤣🙈🤦‍♂️

I have 22,000 miles on my 2022 model x plaid with 20 inch wheel and the oem michelin summer tires and my life time average is 343wh per mile. I just picked up a 2017 100d with 22inch rims for my wife and Its efficiency is way way worst than our model x plaid. Our 2017 100d averages in the low 400's for watt hour per mile. Do you think its the 22 inch wheel or just the old motors on the old model x is just a lot less efficient.

I have 22,000 miles on my 2022 model x plaid with 20 inch wheel and the oem michelin summer tires and my life time average is 343wh per mile. I just picked up a 2017 100d with 22inch rims for my wife and Its efficiency is way way worst than our model x plaid. Our 2017 100d averages in the low 400's for watt hour per mile. Do you think its the 22 inch wheel or just the old motors on the old model x is just a lot less efficient.
I've seen plenty of reports that 22s do have a significant effect on range. I'm a bit baffled by @F123456 response just above this one, though. I have a 2017 100D and 327 - 344 sounds about like what I got with 20 inch rims before lowering. I'm not sure what "highway+" speeds means, but it could be that I don't have regular long non-stop "highway+" drives. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what sort of % impact you might expect between 20 & 22 inch rims, but you could compare the fueleconomy.gov specifications on the two and also consider whether or not it has to do with how often/much who is driving each of them.