Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an email from my DS that my Model X will be going into production sometime around mid-July (next week?) and I should expect delivery by mid-August. I am still hoping for a July delivery although a mid-August delivery wouldn't be that bad!
Fingers crossed!

Ok so my vin is actually before your 112xx and nothing's changed for me :(

Your VIN does not dictate when you will be getting your car or even the order in which it will be manufactured. It may give some indication of timeframe though...generally what folks here seem to now be seeing is a 2 - 2.5 months from when they ordered, to when they are taking delivery. Given you ordered on 6/10 and confirmed 6/14 (75D order), I would expect production to begin mid-to-late July, and mid-to-late August delivery. That's just my guess, it may be way off...and you may even be pleasantly surprised that it may be way earlier...seen/heard that as well.

Also, if it helps you feel any better, I have not heard a peep from my DS either, beyond me calling him once in the last month. However, he did set expectations that I probably will not hear much during the month of June (didn't hear anything) and until mid-July. By next Friday, if I still haven't proactively heard from him, I will probably call just to check-in and see what he knows. Still not expecting delivery until late July or early-to-mid August myself, given when I ordered and what the timeframes for delivery from ordered date seem to be.

Took delivery today at 10am, unbelievably awesome!

The car is perfect. @ohmman I will try to get you pictures if you like, but FWIW my FWD housings look different than yours, completely flush with no gaps like the picture you posted...

I was originally told to expect delivery by the end of June, but then sadly it did not pass the first round of final inspections at the factory, and had to go back through for something. Then the 4th of July holiday got in the way as well, and so while it passed inspection on July 3rd, it did not arrive until early this morning at the Service Center. It was expected on the 5th, but then believe it or not, the delivery truck broke down! :D Then when they got it working again, they only went 200 miles in 9 hours!? Stopping in Salem, about an hour south of us last night. Alex, my DS, went above and beyond (as he had promised delivery on Thursday before we left town for a wedding), and got the service center and techs in at 5:30 am today to prep my car and so I was able to delay my trip one day and pick up the car this morning.

I immediately loaded it up with gear for wedding, then camping, then rafting, and drove 300 miles down to Ashland, OR. We stopped at the Springfield Supercharger, and the Grants Pass Supercharger, everything worked flawlessly. Autopilot most of the way down, didn't feel like we had to wait long for a charge at all, we went from about 40% to 90% in Springfield in about 40 minutes and we spent the time eating lunch. I waited to have 20% buffer before leaving for Grants Pass as it was on and off rain and some mountains to climb. At times along the way it was showing only 12% on arrival, but I think it was about 18% when we arrived, so pretty close to estimated (using onboard trip planner). My daughter and I split a coconut cream pie (little personal size) at the Black Bear Diner in Grants Pass while we charged, recommended!

Even in rain AP worked great. There was only twice I intervened, once when it started drifting toward an exit, and once on a sharp curve at 70mph with a big truck next to me in the right lane and I felt like it was getting too close. Not sure if AP updates are independent of the regular updates and if the AP AI's talk all the time, or if that only comes with the main system updates. The SC didn't have a chance to update it because I was in such a hurry, so the car had the 7.1.24 release. I just updated it to 7.1.102 will see if it is noticeably different on the way back. The update installed much faster than they said, more like 20 minutes than 2 hours.

I was really impressed with the seats. Coming from a long line of Audi's, which I think have great seats, I found the Model X seat extremely comfortable, a bit softer than the Audi I think, but not squishy or foamy, and super supportive with good side bolsters for extreme cornering. :) At 5' 10" the automatic headrest thing works great for me and means I don't have to fuss with it switching between me and my wife's profiles. On the Audi, it was great to have the seat move back to my position, but then I'd still have to move the headrest back up.

The falcon wing doors, and 6 seat config was perfect for this trip, as my wife is doing flowers for the wedding and we had a bucket of very tall flower stems. I was able to easily load it in and place it in the center and get adequate height (much better than my SQ5).

I had my SQ5 STUFFED on the way to the Tesla SC, as I was trading it in and need to leave immediately. I was very happy with the ample cargo space in the X, MUCH more than the SQ5.

So nice to have modern technology, and a big touch screen. Easy to pair bluetooth, phone worked right away, slacker works great. I got the login from my DS ahead of time and already "tuned" it and have set up some stations. Seems to work as well as Pandora, which I may cancel now. Audio quality is excellent, and the car was very quiet, no wind noise.

At the cabin we're staying at the roads are a little rough so I wanted to raise the suspension but it kept reverting back to standard for some reason. I would select a different height and I could feel it start to move a little, but then it would just stop and go back. I finally rebooted the touch screen and then it started working fine.

Tesla said it would take 24 hours or so for the app to work on my phone, but it was active and working in just a couple hours.

Haven't had an opportunity to try launch mode yet, looking forward to it! And to taking off on our 8000 mile, cross country loop from Portland to Montreal and back leaving on July 29th.

It was agonizing waiting, but it was definitely worth it. This care is almost 3 times the price of any car I've owned, and it's DEFINITELY 3 times more amazingly awesome than any car I've ever driven, let alone owned. Mind blown.

Attachments

• IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0214.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    755.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited: