Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Midnight silver 90D 6 seat configuration on June 30th arrived in Raleigh, NC on July 19th! I cannot believe that it happen this fast! :)

My DS said the production itself takes 2 weeks and then another 2 weeks for transport to east coast from Fremont. So they either have your in transit when you placed the order, or it was flown to NC after out of assembly line.

I didn't even get my VIN number until 2 weeks after order confirmation. Did you check the VIN# matches what you have in MyTesla page?

We picked up our 75D this past weekend! We put our deposit down Apr '14 and were somewhere around 9,000 - 10,000 and live in DE/PA area. We were supposed to pick up the car late June but there were a few issues that needed to be fixed prior to picking up. When we went to pick up the car, we found a few additional issues that needed to be resolved but opted to take it home and schedule service for it later.

Ordered a Midnight silver 90D 6 seat configuration on June 30th arrived in Raleigh, NC on July 19th! I cannot believe that it happen this fast! :)

Whoa! That's not just fast, that's Jimmy John's fast...

Congrats!...and que the folks that will reply with the "how the...why the...I've been waiting since 2014!!!???!!:mad:"

@Oloron that's awesome! I have some service for mine scheduled for Friday at 9:30 AM. Car was near flawless but my younger cousins ripped loose the interior falcon wing door button, so that's getting fixed is all. Are you going to be around the SC at 9:30? :D

Nope, scheduled for 3pm. How is the car so far and how was the delivery experience?

p.s. Even though they were made at the same time, I found out that our cars likely didn't come out together because they found something on mine during QA at the factory. Delayed it a bit on that end (and then it got shipped by train vs truck).

@Oloron I see. Quality on all has been excellent. I've driven about 1400 miles and have checked out everything. Seems very well built, I'm very confident about the quality. Have had many friends and cousins in the car, FWD's have been used many many times and work perfectly so far. Delivery experience was great, this older guy gave me the walk-through and was enthusiastic. Swag bag was ok but kind of disappointing, got the Tesla umbrella, mug, and other small stuff, but no fancy pen. I don't know why but I was looking forward to the pen very much. I asked about it and they said they were out when I picked up the car. Hopefully it's in when you get it, and if they have any spares let me know! :p But in all seriousness it was a great experience and the car works very well. One thing I was confused about: when the car is charging and locked, you can't pull out the charging plug. You must unlock the car then the charger will come out. This was my first Tesla so for a while I was pressing the button on the cable trying to pull out the charger and it wasn't doing anything, thought it was broken.

@Oloron I will point out, there is the ghosting on the windshield. It's only visible at night, and it is very severe. BUT, (and take a lot of comfort in this), it doesn't matter. I read all the ghosting posts and was super afraid that I would get it and it would be very annoying and terrible etc. I got the car, saw it that night, and it's like, "ok, cool, there it is. Whatever". It's not annoying and it is there but you can only notice it when you look for it. And it's only on light based things. Like, if you stare at a headlight in your car now, it looks like a bright blob. With the ghosting, there's the blob, then a bit of another blob. But I mean....... unless people take pleasure in staring into bright light producing things at night, it just doesn't matter. For all on the forums, rest at ease :)

Wow, that is fast. I ordered on 6/4 and latest estimate from DS came this morning. Car made it to Birmingham rail depot and is expected in Raleigh end of next week or beginning of the following. I've ordered same color and seating config. Maybe I'll see you on Hwy 70 on a trip to Wilbers...

Wow, that is fast. I ordered on 6/4 and latest estimate from DS came this morning. Car made it to Birmingham rail depot and is expected in Raleigh end of next week or beginning of the following. I've ordered same color and seating config. Maybe I'll see you on Hwy 70 on a trip to Wilbers...
Give me a call when you come through! I am on plugshare!