Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting (and disappointing) conversation with my DS today. Despite the fact that my MX 90D entered production in late March, it continues to sit in "factory gate" status in Fremont, which is exactly the same status that's been reported for four weeks now. I would have expected it to be in transit to Massachusetts a long time ago.

Not sure whether this is just the company line, but he said that there has been a slowing of cars through the pipeline in the last couple of weeks, "because we need to make certain that every car is as current as possible with the latest engineering". And then he cited the seat recall as an example of another engineering item that held up deliveries a couple of months ago.

I really don't know whether he knew something about a change that's coming about, or whether this is just what they say when there is an inexplicable delay. I see other deliveries being made, and it has me worried that there was some kind of testing fail on my particular vehicle that caused a substantial re-work.

Has anyone else seen a "factory gate" hold for four weeks after production? Any ideas?

@BizJet im a Mass reservation holder that just test drove the X today in Dedham. 75D order, fully loaded and no VIN. This was the first time i visited Dedham in 2 months and the entire lot was filled with cars. About 20-25 X's, the rest S's. But mostly X's, every spot was filled and I had to park in a handicap spot. Many had covers over certain areas and were being worked on. There's clearly some backlog here and this may explain why they haven't shipped yours yet. There's a forum on here I started titled "air suspension required for 6/7 seats, what about 75D orders?". Check out the latest post I recently put on their with a ton of info that you'll want to know that I learned. I hope that they will produce my 75D real quick and ship it with yours, but since I don't have a Vin it's unlikely, however this info is very relevant to your situation regardless. In addition, they say they get trucks with cars every few days. Let me know if you've heard anything interesting, thanks!

BTW, @VABarb, I see that yours has identical color and configuration to mine -- 90D, Midnight Silver, Tan, 6 seat, ash,, etc. You have good taste!

My order was confirmed January 7th, about 2-1/2 weeks before yours. And it's traveling just about the same distance. With luck, you won't run into the same delays. I just hit 5 weeks post production, waiting for transport. Maybe I should have flown to SFO and driven it back east myself!

Reactions: WABarb
I was just about to start this, since I saw July but no June...

VIN 5572
I confimed on 3/29,
initial email stated late-April-May
DS now says likely June (or later).

I do NOT have a proactive DS, but she does generally respond to emails--sometimes even within a day or two.

Config: 90D, MC Red w White interior. Subzero package, PUP, upgraded amp charger, upgraded audio. No tow package, and base wheels.

What are people doing to get ready?

I've got my Wall Charger in hand, and installation will be this Saturday. My garage rails will likely be raised within a week or two (83" from garage floor to rail), and I might swap out the garage door opener while I'm at it. Garage door width will be my nightmare, but no easy modification to be had there.

Any thoughts on what else?
What happens if garage rails from floor is less than 83"?

I have VIN 42XX
7 seater, Blue ext. White int.
High Amp Charger, Autopilot, Black Rims, Subzero, Towing. No Premium

Just got word from my NEW (nice and knowledgeable) DS at Dania Deach Center that indeed my X finished production and got shipped via truck rather then rail. It has arrived as far as Alabama and is awaiting another truck transfer to put it on payload headed to Tampa and Miami centers. He said to expect it in about a week, then there may be quality inspection and delivery issues from there. Hoping I will get call in May but now expecting my pick up June 7th or so . . .

We shall see. Markeem is new DS

We all need to send a message to the sponsoring senator from Freemont.. Do it though his Facebook page since th CA Gov web portal only allows emails from constituents in district
So contact him @BobWieckowski on Facebook re SB 680

Done.. thx - here is what I said:

RE: SB 680 many of us out of state Tesla purchasers are following your proposal.. Much more tourism money than est tax revenue (25K) would flow into CA if this were approved. Yes, right now it would benefit the more wealthy... but that changes with the model 3. Let us spend more of our out of state money in your district.. Good luck and thx for supporting Tesla - a revolutionary company.

@Leodoc .Yes I loved my car. So far I put 89000 miles in 3 years. I always leased my cars for 36 months as I got sick of cars and guess what this is the first car which I drove for that many miles. I know wait is hard. My wife ordered new Audi 2017 q7 in April and I just got a call from my dealer that car is getting shipped out of Germany on 28th may so I would another month or so till we get that one. Most likely I will get both cars on june end or first week of july.

Here's the thing.

I get it. I put the order in in January...and said to my wife "later this year". I didn't bother from there...just kinda sat back.

Here is where things change....

1. Tesla GIVING me a timeline. Then missing it. Then missing it again....and again. Don't set the standard/bar if you aren't going to meet it. That's not only good business sense...but generally good sense in life when dealing with people.
2. Tesla TELLING me to get my financing ready cause we were getting there. Then I did that, had the bank run my credit...for what? nothing...to get it run again whenever the car gets here. That's more than frustrating. Granted I could've waited till the last second in retrospect, but at the time, why would I have any reason to doubt them?
3. My friend already driving his even after ordering a month after me...i get regional delivery systems...but this one just bothers a bit..the first few are more relevant to what Tesla is doing wrong

It just goes back to my main point. Tell customers "expect august delivery" and let it show in July. Don't string customers along.

On a more broad note...we are early adopters...lovers of technology...we have some logic to try to be patient with this process. If you think this crap is going to fly with the general public come model 3 time, you are very mistaken. People will pull their $1k deposit by the thousands if they do this.

And for the record sir, i hope you love your tesla! all good things to you man....just a discussion among gentlemen.

I just got an update from my DS. I stopped by the SC today at lunch time to tell her thanks for getting my Tow Package upgrade added on without the $500 change fee. I had originally purchased the Accessory Hitch but since there is so much confusion about what that will really mean I decided to go Full Tow! It took her about a week and she updated me several times in the process but this morning she said it was approved and the change fee was waived!
Also, and this is the good part, she said that my car was one of the ones that is being pushed up. This means that it can go in to production any day now and is expected to be done with production by the end of next week. This is a slight improvement from my last status which was production will be the first week of June. She told me she was going to email me the details later today once she was able to read through more of the information.
As far as I know, this is the first time a production timeline status has moved in the positive direction!
PS. My DS is fantastic!

Reactions: WABarb
I just got an update from my DS. I stopped by the SC today at lunch time to tell her thanks for getting my Tow Package upgrade added on without the $500 change fee. I had originally purchased the Accessory Hitch but since there is so much confusion about what that will really mean I decided to go Full Tow! It took her about a week and she updated me several times in the process but this morning she said it was approved and the change fee was waived!
Also, and this is the good part, she said that my car was one of the ones that is being pushed up. This means that it can go in to production any day now and is expected to be done with production by the end of next week. This is a slight improvement from my last status which was production will be the first week of June. She told me she was going to email me the details later today once she was able to read through more of the information.
As far as I know, this is the first time a production timeline status has moved in the positive direction!
PS. My DS is fantastic!
Great news. Vin? Also California?

Just got an email from my DS saying that my MX entered production over the weekend however, in terms of delivery timing, it is still hard to say for certain for Model X's. It is a new product and it will be hard for them to give me an estimate. They are anticipating June...

Can anyone tell me how long the production process takes on average (given there are no "issues")?
Thank you in advance!

Model X 90D Black/Black
Everything except premium
VIN 54XX
Accepted on 3/12