Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting on model X 47xx. About 4 weeks ago we were told it was on a train headed to the service center. We inquired about 2 weeks ago and they said it was at the villa park, IL service center but they are so busy with other X deliveries that it may still be a couple of weeks. Should I buy that reason? Gotta be quality issue and waiting for parts/fix, right?

Woohoo! Congrats!

I'm sure you've shared it previously, but what is your VIN?
I did. It's 5049. Unfortunately our garage is still under construction and charger is not set up yet, but I didn't want to wait. My wife's BMW. :oops:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 108
Congratulations to all the new owners! How many of you been using checklists to look for issues prior to delivery? I read some where that the DS typically give only about an hour with the car prior to delivery. I am hopeful of June delivery so am trying to be prepared.

View attachment 178343 View attachment 178344 Vin 4431 picked up today. Couple of quick drive by photos:
@socalsam Awesome looking car. How do you like the all black interior? I have ordered the same but am worrying if it make the car smaller or hotter due to the black alcantara. Pretty confident about the black seats as all my cars in the past have had only black seats just not sure of the black alcantara.

@Solarman004 SC was fine. As per most everyone on TMC, replying to emails was limited but they called when important dates were approaching. Delivery of the car didn't take an hour, it was in perfect condition.

@DiveDeep. range is definitely affected by the grade. Didn't calculate how much i lost on the way up the pass vs actual miles traveled (maybe a loss of 30?) but a gain of 4 or 5 on the way down, not even close to zero sum. This is my first Tesla and it's amazing to not have a power curve. Set 70mph and the car stays there. No downshift or high rpm, rock solid on the speed. Auto pilot drives I70 great, probably on it 90%+ while on the interstate. Haven't ever had this much fun with a car, truly amazing tech.

I took delivery on Saturday at Santa Barbara. I went over the checklist and everything was in order, however, their were traces of blue glue on the door sill, the back latch wasn't closing properly which drew a warning on the dash and the side mirrors wasn't spaced uniformly. All were fixed at there except the driver side mirror...might be within spec? Anyways, strange to pick up a vehicle unseen but everything went well. BTW, DS mentioned the tow hitch was on backorder as well as the sunshade :(

Waiting on model X 47xx. About 4 weeks ago we were told it was on a train headed to the service center. We inquired about 2 weeks ago and they said it was at the villa park, IL service center but they are so busy with other X deliveries that it may still be a couple of weeks. Should I buy that reason? Gotta be quality issue and waiting for parts/fix, right?

Jayman, My x (vin 41xx) came in on train with yours and also sitting at Villa Park. DS told me that a batch of them arrived with factory instructions about a needed fix by service center to seats (I presume the third row seat recall) and that they were waiting to get parts delivered from factory to fix. He also said that they are overwhelmed by 30 or so X's that came in at same time and are short staffed. I've stopped at the SC and did see a number of new X's there (but no where close to 30) including my own that had a "SC repair" sticker on windshield. He's not committing to a delivery time to me either and I think he's had enough of my inquiring "when". So basically I'm getting same story you are.

took delivery friday of a yet-to-be-named 90D. VIN 35xx... no alignment issues and had only 14 miles, so assume didn't undergo massive testing at the factory.

we took a quick trip to wisconsin for the weekend and LOVED it. the small details on this car just amaze me. simple things like the speed limit updating on the dash to bigger things like being able to strap both girls into their car seats from one door - they just make this car amazing.

i'll post pics and a more detailed review later. but i'm thrilled with this purchase

edit: has an active spoiler

@socalsam Awesome looking car. How do you like the all black interior? I have ordered the same but am worrying if it make the car smaller or hotter due to the black alcantara. Pretty confident about the black seats as all my cars in the past have had only black seats just not sure of the black alcantara.

I love the black on black. As far as making the car look smaller- yes I supposed it does give a bit of a more cozy feel but I wanted that feeling so mission accomplished. Still the feel inside the car is huge. It's definitely roomy.

VIN29xx here, 90D, 7seats. Got an active spoiler. Picked up May 19th after a two week delay because they found an issue during final detailing.

Love the car and drive it home with a minor issue - 2nd row seats latch behind passenger side makes a clicking sound when moving back into position. I guess we didn't inspect it closely enough during delivery, because the next day we noticed the passenger door and the right fwd run into each other if you try to close or open them at the same time. Quite annoying, but at least we have been able to enjoy it while we wait for the SC to schedule us in.

Drove it down to Paso Robles and Morro Bay for the long weekend, had a lot of fun with it. Could have used a few more super chargers along the way but it was convenient enough.

Had to take over auto pilot a couple of times, it doesn't seem it know what to do if the lane you are on splits out another. And it hates big turns, when it turns, sometimes it would swerve side to side trying to stay in the center of the lane, not sure if that's been pointed out.

No sunshade but really didn't bother me at all, think the tint is already attiquate. Took a while to discover the hidden mirrors on the visor.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    480.1 KB · Views: 71