Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I typically think of 'analysis' as a deep dive based on facts. I think of 'speculation' as guessing, based on very few actual facts. When Tesla announces 'this is the final production version and here are the specifications', we will have facts. Right now, I see a lot of guessing.

And hence my stubborn insistence of calling all this picking apart and then drawing conclusions as speculation, when we do not have facts.

How about speculative analysis? Or analytical speculation?

Agree about the camera. First thing from these mules that I now actually have some faith in seeing on the final car.

Just a thought...if they have a camera at each fog-light location, technically you could take the image from both cameras and do a glasses-free, lenticular 3D image (for the driver-only). If you performed the same operation for two rear-cameras, then it would make reversing a lot easier because you could naturally tell how far away objects were.

Excuse me, while I go trademark that idea...

Just a thought...if they have a camera at each fog-light location, technically you could take the image from both cameras and do a glasses-free, lenticular 3D image (for the driver-only).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how parking sensors tell you distance from objects? I think we have this but without the need for human calculation.

picking on the new guy on their first post :).

What I was thinking... "What do you mean you didn't obsessively read through thousands of posts with photoshopped wheelbases before you posted your find?!"
utskallning.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how parking sensors tell you distance from objects? I think we have this but without the need for human calculation.

Parking sensors use ultrasonic waves and measures the reflection to determine if there is an object there and how far it is. What I'm referring to is enhancing the rear-camera video image by stereoscopic cameras (i.e. two cameras) to generate a 3D image. The 3D image can then be expressed to the driver via a lenticular process, so that he/she does not need to use cumbersome 3D glasses (similar to how the Nintendo 3D works).

I think this would be high on the cool factor (you read it hear first). Whether or not its actually useful or practical remains to be seen. :)

I've said it before, this place is tough on a newcomer. It is in the air, nobody can help it. ;)

I can't wait to see how brutal it will be when hordes of "ignorant" Model 3 owners are eventually put in their place for not immediately knowing or caring enough about Tesla the company and EV the mission. :)

I made a new thread about the camera: Model X Mule has front bumper camera(s)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before, this place is tough on a newcomer. It is in the air, nobody can help it. ;)

I can't wait to see how brutal it will be when hordes of "ignorant" Model 3 owners are eventually put in their place for not immediately knowing or caring enough about Tesla the company and EV the mission. :)

:(

That's unfortunate and doesn't benefit Tesla. I was telling my niece about the M3. I'll warn her to look here but put on Teflon before posting.

It also looks like sensors around base and rear of the falcon wing doors (to prevent accidental damage when opening?).

View attachment 76024

Good find. Of course Elon & co. have been discussing Falcon wing door sensors etc., so we know they are there, but curious to see - what indeed looks like sensors - so visibly. Looking at an enlargement, they look like maybe stickers hiding prototype sensors at this point. They are more level, more faint than e.g. the parking sensors.

I had thought of them merely as dirt until now. :)

:(

That's unfortunate and doesn't benefit Tesla. I was telling my niece about the M3. I'll warn her to look here but put on Teflon before posting.

Or take a moment to browse a bit before hitting that New Thread button. Not that I condone anyone being called out, but I know I personally merged at least 3 threads created about that video, and even after that it kept getting posted as new. Not really surprised someone spoke up about it.

It also looks like sensors around base and rear of the falcon wing doors (to prevent accidental damage when opening?).

View attachment 76024

That's a development I've been expecting to see for a while. I'm also expecting to see them on top of the doors, so it can see if there's room to open normally.

My theory is that it can hinge either way at the outside top, and if you have room beside you but not above it can swing outwards (after moving up just a little bit for the latch) instead. (This would also open the door to roof racks, as long as you don't need to open the rear doors in tight quarters.)
Walter

Discussion is totally ok. I'm working on creating either a group wiki or thread wiki to collect them so we can keep them together.

A wiki may be fantastic, but a less-onerous (for you?) idea may be to have a thread per sighting/posting events of pics or video with the first post being a wiki post (like we did in the tally) to keep adding to that sighting event. By merging all sightings in one thread; and every sighting generating long streams of comments; it is hard to find actual new sightings content (image/video) in the stream. Nothing you haven't thought about already I'm sure and thanks for your work,