Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X November Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX60D
9/30 order confirmed
11/16 entered production
11/18 completed production
11/25 pick up at Fremont factory.

Tim

Wow, looks like something going on with the vehicles that entered production around 11/7-11/10 (mine, @Flippout @bushburner @hollywood @polymathic) are still in production while vehicles that started late last week @heisenberg and @rush6410 MX's are done already! My DS told me today that he hopes it will be done by the time I get back from Thanksgiving, that would be almost 3 weeks in production.

Maybe they are doing all the necessary AP2 fleet learning driving with just our 5 cars! :D

Wow, looks like something going on with the vehicles that entered production around 11/7-11/10 (mine, @Flippout @bushburner @hollywood @polymathic) are still in production while vehicles that started late last week @heisenberg and @rush6410 MX's are done already! My DS told me today that he hopes it will be done by the time I get back from Thanksgiving, that would be almost 3 weeks in production.

Maybe they are doing all the necessary AP2 fleet learning driving with just our 5 cars! :D

mines a standard white p90d, discontinued color p option, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Reactions: pchengMX
My Tesla page changed to in production on 11/8. Still says in production. Asked my ds when it will be done and he said it just went into production late last week or yesterday and should be done by the end of the week. Mine is 90D discontinued titanium color.

what I do noticed from the spreadsheet is that a lot of the cars that are in production are in the East coast I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I called me DS today to figure our what the heck is going on and she said that there is a delay in production and that it's scheduled for a mid December Delivery!. I told her can she give me an exact date so I can take the time off work. She mentioned that she is 90% sure it'll arrive that time. I will keep updating the spreadsheet as well as I find out.

Things are getting weird. @heisenberg confirmed on 10/7 for a CA delivery and is getting his car in 5 days. @HookBill confirmed two days earlier, and is being told "Christmas day" for CA delivery. And then there's that guy who confirmed in Nov and his car has already started production...

From what I understand the build order varies based on delivery location, parts availability, etc. So depending on where the person lived and what type of car they ordered it could take longer or shorter to make. With that said, having a month difference seems a bit much.

If they're off this week, then 11 days from now is only 5 work days. They are currently on VIN 24XXX. Getting to 268XX in 5 days would mean they need to make almost 400 cars a day (when they have been making ~125).

What's interesting is at least 1 car went into production today so they aren't completely off this week.
Just so you know, the VIN tells you nothing about the build order. Builds are batched based on geography and options, not VIN sequence. A 30k can be built before a 25k.

The spreadsheet doesn't show them jumping that much- cars have pretty much been built in order of confirmation, save a few. Also, if they are telling you before you even order that you could have it by EOY, then they don't even know what batch you'd fall into.

I'm a bit annoyed that they quoted me 6-8 weeks for deliver if what they really meant was "8-15 weeks depending on what options you order, and longer because you live near the factory"

The spreadsheet doesn't show them jumping that much- cars have pretty much been built in order of confirmation, save a few. Also, if they are telling you before you even order that you could have it by EOY, then they don't even know what batch you'd fall into.

I'm a bit annoyed that they quoted me 6-8 weeks for deliver if what they really meant was "8-15 weeks depending on what options you order, and longer because you live near the factory"
Just saw this tweet from Elon but it looks like having the 5 seat option has a pretty big impact on build order due to the backlog:
Twitter

Noticed most on the spreadsheet are missing this info but it does appear to have a major impact on when you get your car.

• Helpful
Reactions: beths11
No I did not even the hardware is now there. the DS told me that the $10K upgrade for full autopilot which utilizes all the cameras will not be fully functional until a software upgrade in a year or 2.

There are two parts to this functionality, Enhanced AutoPilot (EAP) and Full Self-Driving Capability (FSDC). At least early EAP functionality is expected to begin rolling in December and that is what most people are opting for right away (to avoid the $1K penalty to activate later). It should meet the previous Autopilot capability in first half of 2017 (Tesla Time! ;)). FSDC might take who knows how long given all the regulations and software development pending and maybe worth risking the $1K penalty for later activation given that it is so uncertain. You can activate just EAP for $5K anytime before delivery with no penalty is my understanding. Good luck!

• Helpful
Reactions: beths11
From My DS. Confirmed on 10/14 and was told late Nov delivery originally:

"The production delay was due to changes in our production line associated with the new hardware, although I can assure you there will be no other delays. Your Model X should go into production 1st week of December, with estimated delivery mid-December. "

Seems like every car has a story. Still pretty surprised by people ordering yesterday that are still being told delivery by EOY.

Reactions: pchengMX