Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X November Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as an update, my DS just replied to my email (same day) to give a mid-late December delivery estimate.
I think we might be in the same boat as my DS said last week when I spoke to her...because all she said was that my time frame was first or second week of December so I think we might be around the same time as well....I hope they do not rush things as that's during the Holiday season and right before Christmas and New Years....someone is bound to call in sick :p:p

That is weird I have never gotten a delivery window under my VIN in MyTesla... I'm hoping still to receive at least a call from my DS soon if no email....I will wait until Tuesday, if I do not hear anything I will try to call them again to see what is the window...

I have never had a delivery window for my MX listed on MyTesla either. Only timeline info came from my DS. Seems like the MS orders have clearer visibility into timelines on their MyTesla page, MX orders seem very inconsistent for timelines....

Reactions: pchengMX
so did they give you a date? or did the DS just tell you that it was going to be a December delivery? My DS when I last spoke to her a week ago said that it'll be either first or second week of December....

It was the DS giving me the estimated delivery date. He told me production should be done by early this week. Hopefully he is right, I just want to car before the holidays.

• Disagree
Reactions: 8XATL and Gregkeys
I'm in the same boat. I have looked over my "My Tesla" account countless times and don't have a delivery prediction in writing. I only have their word over the phone and yet they still didn't give me a solid date. They just said November. Spoke with some people at another Tesla store and they said I'm dreaming if I expect to get my MX within 90 days o_O...I'm with bushburner - I just want the car before the holidays.

Heads up..

Just got off the phone with my DS, he tells me that Tesla has added another step in their quality control because of the new hardware. Which is why it is taking longer to finish production. He also told that to keep pace with expectant orders they will be shipping by truck to the east coast, which should only take about a week (3-4 weeks by rail).
My MX100 has still been in production since 11/7.

Heads up..

Just got off the phone with my DS, he tells me that Tesla has added another step in their quality control because of the new hardware. Which is why it is taking longer to finish production. He also told that to keep pace with expectant orders they will be shipping by truck to the east coast, which should only take about a week (3-4 weeks by rail).

You don't want to see the exterior of the cars that they pull off the truck until they detail them. Can be very dirty after x-country trip.

Ok, I got bored / impatient and made a spreadsheet.

Tesla Model X November Tracker

First interesting observation: Nobody has their car yet, and there's 5 business days left in Nov :(

Second observation, production is somewhat following order confirmation dates. The earliest cars listed are all in production. Looks like we're at around cars confirmed on 10/10/16 for cars in production now. However, everyone is slipping from their estimates. There was a big batch that seemed to happen last week.

Fingers crossed for another big batch...

Reactions: gastowatts
Heads up..

Good to know, thanks @Flippout....I guess I will stop refreshing MyTesla page now since yours is still in production even though it began production two days before mine :p

I won't complain that they are being more thorough with QC, hopefully that means less SC visits for us. But I got my Alliant loan approved maybe a bit too soon, it is valid for 30 days and that clock runs out Dec 7th, hoping I can pickup before then.

Good to know, thanks @Flippout....I guess I will stop refreshing MyTesla page now since yours is still in production even though it began production two days before mine :p

I won't complain that they are being more thorough with QC, hopefully that means less SC visits for us. But I got my Alliant loan approved maybe a bit too soon, it is valid for 30 days and that clock runs out Dec 7th, hoping I can pickup before then.

@gastowatts, it's no problem. I will keep you updated when I have something.

I'm not sure what state regulations are in your area, but I was able to close my loan with Alliant the day my MX100 went into production. That way i was able to take advantage of their 1.99% financing.

Reactions: gastowatts
My DS have been wonderful. He gives me a call every week even if he doesn't have an update. He just called today and told me my car is at the end of the production line and he should receive the car at his service center (SE Houston) at the beginning of December. After his inspection, the car is being delivered to New Orleans (probably takes a few days to get here). He originally told me a late November/early December delivery when I confirmed the order, so far he's been on point.

Got a call from my DS today too. When will I get the car? I'm being told they will do everything they can to get the vehicle delivered to me before 2016 ends. I was also given some additional information but I will not disclose the full details until this has been settled. I ordered a MX90D-6-seater (all options checked) on 9/16/2016 (confirmed 9/23/16) VIN 226XX...still more than patiently waiting...:confused:

My DS have been wonderful. He gives me a call every week even if he doesn't have an update. He just called today and told me my car is at the end of the production line and he should receive the car at his service center (SE Houston) at the beginning of December. After his inspection, the car is being delivered to New Orleans (probably takes a few days to get here). He originally told me a late November/early December delivery when I confirmed the order, so far he's been on point.

My DS has also been fantastic, he always responds within an hour with what he knows and sometimes reaches out proactively just to keep me updated. I guess it just varies from place to place and person to person....

Ok, I got bored / impatient and made a spreadsheet.

Tesla Model X November Tracker

First interesting observation: Nobody has their car yet, and there's 5 business days left in Nov :(

Second observation, production is somewhat following order confirmation dates. The earliest cars listed are all in production. Looks like we're at around cars confirmed on 10/10/16 for cars in production now. However, everyone is slipping from their estimates. There was a big batch that seemed to happen last week.

Fingers crossed for another big batch...
I'm the second to the earliest and I have not even got anything, I am patiently holding off for today to see how the end of the day looks if my status changes, so far nothing. If nothing then I will contact my DS tomorrow again because I want to lock in my rate ASAP but I don't want to risk having my credit pulled again if it'll arrive late. Even though my DS originally said couple weeks ago that it'll be in around the first or second week of December. I don't feel comfortable without having a confirmation that it's in production which sucks major balls...