Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X November Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an additional conversation with the DS, and the issue is the AP2 hardware. Both sourcing some parts, and it's taking them longer than expected to install these. Moreover, Tesla gave employees the week of for Thanksgiving, and things restarted ended up taking longer than expected. The result is we can all expects delays. Still likely that a very late December delivery will take place for me, but that's a serious delay, and for tax reasons I must have this car before Jan 1.

likewise 26xxx here but I think they are building the ones for the east coast before ours because they need to get delivered by end of Q4. Ours in california or surrounding will be able to get delivered quicker at the very end of Q4..

Yeah, I can understand that. However, once you make enough for a truck/train you could switch locations so you would constantly be shipping to every region? Cause you can only ship so many to a certain region at a time? It would certainly help alleviate frustrated customers that are seeing people that have ordered after you receiving your car first.

I had an additional conversation with the DS, and the issue is the AP2 hardware. Both sourcing some parts, and it's taking them longer than expected to install these. Moreover, Tesla gave employees the week of for Thanksgiving, and things restarted ended up taking longer than expected. The result is we can all expects delays. Still likely that a very late December delivery will take place for me, but that's a serious delay, and for tax reasons I must have this car before Jan 1.
I've heard they will let you start loan before you take delivery so you can get the tax credit which is what I plan to do if delayed getting car.

Reactions: polymathic
Thanks, gearcruncher, for the Spreadsheet!
I think I have the only 5-seater "in production" on the spreadsheet.
My Story:
Model X 60D White, 5 Seat, Tan Leather, Ash, Sound System. Ordered 9/11/2016,
Smart Air Susp. Upgrade 10/17/2016,
VIN assigned 10/18/2016,
Via email from DS: Scheduled for production latter part of November 2016, Delivery on or about 12/12/2016.
MyTesla: "In production Queue".
Via email from DS on 11/25: slipped one week. delivery right around Christmas.
11/28: MyTesla changed to "in production".
11/30: Loan approved
11/30: 50A circuit installed to garage
12/1: email from Tesla: "entered production".

I'd be careful about relying on that. I'm not a tax expert (you should contact one) but my understanding is the standard is when the car is placed in service, not when you pay.
Yep, you're right - Not a good idea. Plus, I believe it would've been suggested to me by now. I asked the DS again about the payment and he said they didn't need anything else from me right now. Like some of you, after receiving the email that my vehicle was in production on 10/12, I've heard nothing else as far as where they are in the process of building my MX with official emails. I'm basically having to take their word on it.

Yep, you're right - Not a good idea. Plus, I believe it would've been suggested to me by now. I asked the DS again about the payment and he said they didn't need anything else from me right now. Like some of you, after receiving the email that my vehicle was in production on 10/12, I've heard nothing else as far as where they are in the process of building my MX with official emails. I'm basically having to take their word on it.

I hope the 10/12 is a typo and it actually went into production on 11/12? If it actually went into production on 10/12 and you are still waiting, it will seriously take away all remaining wind in my sails! :)

Have you been in contact with your DS to see what is going on?
Absolutely but I'm not getting clear answers at all. I've been initiating all contact, except for when they contacted me on 11/21 to tell me there was a delay and reconfirmed my order. I decided to go with AP2 since we were basically starting over on that day. They said they were putting a rush on getting my vehicle to me before the end of the year but they couldn't promise it. Now, when I log into "mytesla", all I see is my order number, no VIN or where it is in production. I've received an email reflecting the upgrade and an order confirmation email, both on 11/21. I reached out again 5 days ago and wasn't given any new info. Congratulations on the progress with your order, by the way! I'm truly glad to see your progress and look forward to seeing pics of your MX!

Take this with a grain of salt because it seems like there are many factors in determining when the car will be built and delivered.
Ordered: 9/24 p90d, pup, ultra white interior, high amp charger, tow hitch.
Confirmed: 10/1
Entered production: 11/15
Completed production: 11/27
In transit to service center: ??
Arrived at Houston service center: 12/2

I live in New Orleans and that's the closest service center to me. They will inspect and detail the car before it gets sent out. DS said it will be two to three days for that process. Car should be here sometime this upcoming week. Tesla official email said delivery date of dec 11-25. I'm a few days ahead of time. My DS said he's been seeing that as the case with all his recent deliveries too.

Reactions: Wise1919