Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’re in Seattle? My boyfriend’s S is due to be delivered to Portland this weekend, and they said they ship them to Seattle first. You might get to save a few days of transport time.

Ah cool ... yeah I'm in Seattle. That's good to know :)
My VIN was assigned 2/17, I'm expecting it to go to production probably around March 2nd week or mid march for end of March delivery. Looks like all the east coast vehicles are in production now.

Ah cool ... yeah I'm in Seattle. That's good to know :)
My VIN was assigned 2/17, I'm expecting it to go to production probably around March 2nd week or mid march for end of March delivery. Looks like all the east coast vehicles are in production now.
Yeah, my boyfriend and I ordered cars about a month apart so he has been my guinea pig for the whole thing. My VIN was assigned 2/10, not in production yet. My estimated delivery date is 3/22.

I ordered in mid-January and there hasn't been any changes to my order status since confirmation at the end of January. Just before ordering my showroom contact told me to expect it delivered by mid-to-late March. A few days ago I emailed my DS asking for a status update who said they now "...anticipate production of your vehicle the first week of April. " - does this mean I'll now have to wait until mid-April for actual delivery?

I ordered in mid-January and there hasn't been any changes to my order status since confirmation at the end of January. Just before ordering my showroom contact told me to expect it delivered by mid-to-late March. A few days ago I emailed my DS asking for a status update who said they now "...anticipate production of your vehicle the first week of April. " - does this mean I'll now have to wait until mid-April for actual delivery?

May be they are just being conservative? What model did you order? Does your Tesla account show a VIN has been assigned? I would be worried if VIN is not assigned. If VIN assigned I assume it can go into production anytime soon and you could still get mid march or late march.

May be they are just being conservative?

Part of me hopes that they'll surprise me by bringing the date forward.

What model did you order?

Model X 100D with PUP and EAP.

Does your Tesla account show a VIN has been assigned? I would be worried if VIN is not assigned. If VIN assigned I assume it can go into production anytime soon and you could still get mid march or late march.

No, the page still says just "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory." with no VIN displayed.

Looking at the spreadsheet I see that a minority of other people who ordered from mid-January onwards are also waiting for their VINs. It is encouraging to read other posts

Regarding the model-refresh rumours: a few weeks before I placed my order, an employee I met at the showroom asserted there will be no changes to the Model X in 2018, and that Tesla's engineering teams were bogged-down with Model 3 and the Semi Truck - and that Tesla makes continuous improvements over time anyway rather than "generational" changes - though I can't say I'm not rattled. Absent any actual evidence of a significant model refresh I wont be cancelling my order.

(Whoops, I posted before finishing my message. As a new member I can't edit my posts yet)

Looking at the spreadsheet I see that a minority of other people who ordered from mid-January onwards are also waiting for their VINs. It is encouraging to read other posts on the forum from people who ordered 1-2 weeks before I did saying their car entered production this week - and if an early April *delivery* date is anticipated then it stands to reason my car should enter production in 1-2 weeks' time then.

Yeah it's some data point, I don't see everyone updating when their car went into production etc. At least we get some kind of reference and idea about orders in general.

I ordered in December and mine has not gone into production yet. It was originally supposed to be delivered early February, then it was pushed to early March and they just pushed it again to end of March. Maybe the same thing is happening to others?

I ordered in December and mine has not gone into production yet. It was originally supposed to be delivered early February, then it was pushed to early March and they just pushed it again to end of March. Maybe the same thing is happening to others?

Wow really? Early Feb delivery still not in production? What model and location? At least US East coast orders looks like they are in production and some complete as well based on some replies.