Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@CFrolander, @marketman, @Otisrex, @wilsonjchan,

If you are taking delivery of a Model X these days, can you confirm whether the window sticker shows the new range numbers or the old ones? The reason I'm asking is that EPA website still doesn't show the new Model X versions even though it has been showing the new Model S for a few weeks now. It looks like there was a delay with Model X's EPA certification. I wonder if it's fixed now.

Here are the old and new EPA rated range numbers for each trim level:
  • Model X Standard Range: Old: 238 mi, New: 255 mi
  • Model X Long Range: Old: 295 mi, New: 325 mi
  • Model X Performance: Old: 289 mi, New: 270 mi with 22" wheels, 305 mi with 20" wheels

Last edited:
@CFrolander, @marketman, @Otisrex, @wilsonjchan,

If you are taking delivery of a Model X these days, can you confirm whether the window sticker shows the new range numbers or the old ones? The reason I'm asking is that EPA website still doesn't show the new Model X versions even though it has been showing the new Model S for a few weeks now. It looks like there was a delay with Model X's EPA certification. I wonder if it's fixed now.

Here are the old and new EPA rated range numbers for each trim level:
  • Model X Standard Range: Old: 238 mi, New: 255 mi
  • Model X Long Range: Old: 295 mi, New: 325 mi
  • Model X Performance: Old: 289 mi, New: 270 mi with 22" wheels, 305 mi with 20" wheels

The window sticker that I got with the car was incorrect, I noticed by the statement that it was Dual AC Induction motors. I asked the delivery guy and he said that it wasn't unusual for the sticker to be incorrect because they were "generic" (not sure what that means as it had my VIN on it). I asked if he could print off a new one, not expecting too much, but he actually was able to. Here's the new corrected sticker with my VIN whited out:

Scan190607082653.jpg

Reactions: Troy and GraemeS
@CFrolander, thanks a lot and congrats on your new car. This clears things up. They definitely have the EPA certification for the new Model X now. Interestingly, the MPGe (miles per gallon equivalent) improved for city range but not for highway range. Model X Performance used to be 83 MPGe for city and 89 for highway (source). These numbers were achieved with 20" wheels. Now, city efficiency increased from 83 to 90 MPGe but highway remained the same. The 305 mi EPA rated range is calculated by taking 55% of city and 45% of highway range. I guess Tesla could change the software to use the front motor more at higher speeds to improve highway range. Maybe at the time of the EPA test, the new software wasn't ready.

Another interesting detail I noticed is that the range difference between 20" vs 22" Model X Performance (270 vs 305 mi) is more than 19" vs 21" Model S Performance (325 vs 345 mi, source). I have looked at EPA data and it turns out this is because the 22" Model X rear wheels are wider. Here are the sizes:

Model S: (source, page 5 here)
  • 19" Front Wheels: 245 mm
  • 19" Rear Wheels: 245 mm
  • 21" Front Wheels: 245 mm
  • 21" Rear Wheels: 245 mm

Model X: (source, page 5 here)
  • 20" Front Wheels: 265 mm
  • 20" Rear Wheels: 275 mm
  • 22" Front Wheels: 265 mm
  • 22" Rear Wheels: 285 mm

Well here she is. (Sorry about the falcon wing door that seems to be winking)

2019 Model X Performance Ludicrous Mode, 6 seat Configuration. Here's the funny story about our delivery experience though.

We arrive and the delivery manager sits us down and says: "Your car has 197 miles on it. Someone ordered this car, never showed up for it, so they drove it back to fremont which is where the milage is coming from, and shipped out here to Arizona. I hope you're ok with that..."

I was upset, and told him that 197 miles was not a NEW car and that I wouldn't take delivery for that.. he let me express my frustrations then said:

"Well, just give it a chance. Check it out and let me know what you think.."

So we went to do the walkthrough, everything checks out fine, but then I notice "Ludicrous Mode" on the screen, and he just winked at me..

So for whatever reason, they gave us Ludi mode without an extra charge.. it even shows on the Window Sticker matching up VINs and everything.

I verified that the car was manufactured May 15th so it is the refresh with longer range and the Raven software. I guess we got lucky. Glad to have this at home! Its a Freaking Spaceship!

unnamed.jpg

I ordered a model X on May 1st with the following options:
  • Long range
  • Silver Metallic
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • Cream interior
  • 7 Seats
  • FSD
The latest I heard from Tesla is that my car is not in production and not even in pre-production stage. Nobody can tell me when my car will be produced. They can't tell me which option that I picked causes the delay either. I doubted if they can produce the car and deliver it to me in New Hampshire by the end of the month. I don't know if Tesla cares about driving up model X orders in Q2.

• Long range
  • Silver Metallic
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • Cream interior
  • 7 Seats
  • FSD
The latest I heard from Tesla is that my car is not in production and not even in pre-production stage. Nobody can tell me when my car will be produced. They can't tell me which option that I picked causes the delay either. I doubted if they can produce the car and deliver it to me in New Hampshire by the end of the month. I don't know if Tesla cares about driving up model X orders in Q2.

The Cream interior is probably holding up the production.

• Long range
  • Silver Metallic
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • Cream interior
  • 7 Seats
  • FSD

Same here. ordered on April 29th same exact config in Metallic Blue color. No VIN no update not sure if they can push it out to NY before JUN 30th.

Same here. ordered on April 29th same exact config in Metallic Blue color. No VIN no update not sure if they can push it out to NY before JUN 30th.

I called Tesla again. The person who answered speculated that the field office that handles my delivery (in either NY or MA) may have a large batch of undelivered cars. Unless those cars get delivered, they won't produce any new cars for that field office. Because they will have no place to put them. Go figure.

I called Tesla again. The person who answered speculated that the field office that handles my delivery (in either NY or MA) may have a large batch of undelivered cars. Unless those cars get delivered, they won't produce any new cars for that field office. Because they will have no place to put them. Go figure.

I called in to my delivery location guys, according to them they are delivering new version every day, just haven't received any 7 seater yet. Also strange email from [email protected] asking to finish next steps for delivery, when checked all those steps are already done and I dont even see any option to change also like delivery location, license etc.

Looks like delivery and web systems are not in sync. hoping that I will hear something by this week. My only concern is Tesla will rush to reach the delivery date and that might cause poor quality issues.

My VIN showed up as hidden yesterday in my account, which at least allowed me to get my loan setup. Anyone have any experience with the time it takes to go from hidden to asking for a delivery date?
MY Delivery Advisor emailed me today that my car should be ready this week as it will come off the production line for final testing in a day . Yet no VIN posted in my a/c. where did you locate the Hidden VIN?

MY Delivery Advisor emailed me today that my car should be ready this week as it will come off the production line for final testing in a day . Yet no VIN posted in my a/c. where did you locate the Hidden VIN?
In your browser do ctrl+u on the order page and search for "vin":
Including 2x double quotes and semi Colon. That should give 4 occurrences my. I believe it is the third occurrence.

Reactions: HeWhoRoams

Open your X within your account. Choose your browser's View Page Source function, then CTRL-F to find 5YJ. If your VIN is there, that'll find it.

Both posts below you got it right, please post back to see if you have one! I'm curious to see the correlation with this and delivery readiness. Also my page is currently prompting me to pay off my balance, which you can bet I'm not doing until I have a delivery date.