Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if with the $1,000 loyalty discount applied, will it make the inventory model qualify for incentives? I asked Tesla Rep and pending on feedback.
Its based on MSRP pricing. I placed an order for and Ultra RED MX long range on the Sep 3rd. Was told adding anything but color disqualifies me for the federal tax credit because the MSRP price is above 80k.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Stay firm, the Tesla inventory is building up and they will pull all levers to get it down by the quarter end.

Also there is a warning for LR orders that inventory purchases might not qualify for incentives due to their original MSRP determining eligibilty.
If the inventory is high and building up, I’m wondering why users in the thread link below, are reporting the initial September - October delivery timeline for recent price reduced MX’s are now being pushed back to October - November. Would they not just assign us inventory MXs If they had so many sitting around? I ordered the morning after the price reduction, and my initial September date is now October - November.

Placed order today on MXP. Seems like folks aren't updating the tracker too often. Any sense of how long the wait is now? Service advisor at the showroom offered to look at inventory for matches/near matches but it didn't sound like those would get a discount. Having played this game before, if there's no discount I'd rather wait for the absolute latest build date...

Cheers!
I placed order for LR MX on 9/2 and my delivery timeline said September in app. Now it’s been updated by Tesla and says October - November.

If the inventory is high and building up, I’m wondering why users in the thread link below, are reporting the initial September - October delivery timeline for recent price reduced MX’s are now being pushed back to October - November. Would they not just assign us inventory MXs If they had so many sitting around? I ordered the morning after the price reduction, and my initial September date is now October - November.

They will start calling after the orders when the quarter end nears, and suggesting to switch to inventory. They don't do it yet, because it is additional work which they might not need to do if part of the inventory gets poached directly, so they try to avoid double work.

My hope is the delay being due to a refresh which has been expected for some time.

This is my hope as well, although the relative lack of chatter/rumors about any refreshes coming the way of the S/X makes me think there isn’t much in the pipeline. I’d at least like to see a front-facing bumper camera. The MX is noticeably larger than the MY we have right now. Where we live, there is a lot of parallel parking and the USS are an absolute must. In our ICE vehicle that does not have front USS sensors (only back), there is a front-facing camera and I use it anytime I am trying to maneuver into tight spaces.
Ambient lighting would be good, but I think the interior is pretty nice as is.

I‘m actually holding off on ordering hoping that a refresh is coming soon-ish. If it doesn’t come to fruition or the price jumps again, then I will happily stay in my MY as it is only a year old.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tiger
I immediately placed an order for the Plaid once I saw the price drop. I had a delivery date of Sept-Oct - this have not changed to Oct-Nov.
I'm hoping the new builds are 24 models with updated parts and still keep my original price. Crossing my fingers.
Just an aside—Tesla doesn’t do model years and annual parts updates like other automakers. They continuously improve parts and don’t wait until a new model year to integrate them. A 2023 Model X built in December and a 2024 Model X built in January might have virtually no difference In parts.

ordered LR X on Sep-4 completed all tasks including financing on the app, waiting to hear the VIN and trade in estimate. When i called CS said Tesla's trade in dept is backed up a bit but that shouldn't stop the VIN # from coming hopefully Fremont cranked up the production.