Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A true winter tire will absolutely destroy the Cross Climate series, which IMO is a terrible tire as well.
I’ll agree with you, but unless you have PS4s on and want the equivalent cold weather performance CC2s probably better have better wet and dry traction than the OEM. What have you had the CCs on?

I lived in Maine for some years and really only needed snow tires one day. That’s it’s. I was glad to have them but I could have slowed down and with 4wD would have been ok.

I had CC2s on the X and didn't like them (and I like Michelin's too). The PS4 is a great tire, but come winter temps, a winter tire is going to provide better performance below ~60F. I think the term "snow tire" is a bit of a misnomer. I plan on putting on a set of Nokian Hakkas this winter.

Reactions: EbS-P
Last year I suffered through winter with a Model Y Performance and the standard Model Y performance tires... (it was like a sled on ice, sooooo slippery.) This year, I have a Model X Plaid and don't want to do the same thing, what is the best tire for Denver (about 50% sunshine, 50% rain / snow / ice / ski trips to the mountains)?

Thanks in advance!

Last year I suffered through winter with a Model Y Performance and the standard Model Y performance tires... (it was like a sled on ice, sooooo slippery.) This year, I have a Model X Plaid and don't want to do the same thing, what is the best tire for Denver (about 50% sunshine, 50% rain / snow / ice / ski trips to the mountains)?

Thanks in advance!

I will only ever run Nokian.

Wondering what kind of range loss you've seen during winter? I plan on taking the X to Tahoe, and have not yet driven during winter.

Hi All - I'm looking at getting a used X, 2018 P100D. It currently has the staggered 22 setup, but no clue what sizes can be used for winters.

Been searching and trying to get a good idea, but haven't had a lot luck with definitive answers.

I think the staggered 20's would be 255/45R20 + 275/45R20? Whats common for winter use, keeping staggered or going square? Can the P100D accommodate 19's as an option?

Would love any info, help, thoughts, suggestions!

If you are buying new wheels, go square. If not, run staggered. Just picked up a set of 20" 265 to run square.

PXL_20221028_200209045.jpg
PXL_20221028_192711869.jpg

Tesla store just has a staggered set of 20's available, and it mentions only compatible with the 2021 forward. From any searching I've done it seems like the bolt pattern, centre bore and offset are the same across all X models, so confused as to why the package on Tesla says not compatible.

Edit: ah just thinking, maybe the bluetooth TPMS is what is causing incompatibility.

joey, I would not buy OEM wheels for winters, at least not from tesla

Mind I ask why you say that? I've been looking at a few used options online, as well as some sites in Canada like PMCtire and blackcircles.ca. I just want to make sure I end up with correct wheels. For example, if I use a squared setup, does it affect anything if the rears are not as wide as the summers would be?

Mind I ask why you say that? I've been looking at a few used options online, as well as some sites in Canada like PMCtire and blackcircles.ca. I just want to make sure I end up with correct wheels. For example, if I use a squared setup, does it affect anything if the rears are not as wide as the summers would be?

Because you are going to pay a premium for something that is going to get destroyed during winter. The only issue you will encounter with a square setup is how the wheel will sit. Personally, I would want more of the wheel contained in the wheel well for a winter setup.