Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y AWD Standard Ordered April-May 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea I am curious because you hear its only for FSD?? but adding Radar back and 5mp Camera's in some new positions have to help somewhere other than FSD.
You get the full self-driving preview which gives you the best situational awareness because it is recreating accurately obstacles and vehicles around you so I would assume it would allow safer operation in all aspects of driving and parking

Reactions: Matthew A.
My EDD just disappeared from the app, could be something, could be nothing but it's different. In the site it still shows Apr-May. So probably nothing 🤦🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530_214956_Tesla.png
    Screenshot_20230530_214956_Tesla.png
    750.1 KB · Views: 79
Went thru the delivery process yesterday.
Here is summary:

MY- AWD White with Black interior and hitch
OD 5.8
EDD 5.24 - 6.4
VIN# shared 5.17 (bumped EDD to 5.28 - 6.4)
5.26 - notified to schedule delivery 6.5, 6.6, 6.7 - I locked in for 6.5

Delivered to Dedham Mass Tesla store (The downtown boston Tesla store is a showroom only) Dedham is about 8 miles outside the city.

It was a different experience being F2F ---------the 510 sms / txt people (hiding in the shadows) are not responsive, helpful or even correct in the answers they provide. The team at the Tesla store were good to deal with , but rushing to deliver 20+ cars in a 3 hour window.
Many have asked about sending money to pay for the car in full thru the app PRIOR to inspection and delivery. I ignored the app, which kept pinging me to suggest I complete the process and pay in full BEFORE I showed up on site for Delivery. That's ridiculous and a complete non starter for me. My answer to the outreach was that "I would show up with a certified bank check with the RN number in the notes line, as per the instructions on the Tesla site." There was no push back, and the people on site were fine with that. In fact they greeted me, showed me where my MY was parked, and told me to go over it and come inside if I had questions or when I was ready. I spent about 30 mins going over everything inside and out. Wiped off the "tire oil" (gross) and when I was comfortable with all aspects of the car I simply went back to the showroom, signed the check. They processed all the paperwork for registration, plates etc. They put plates on the car 15 mins later and I left.

The car was built in Austin on May 5th. It's a HW3 set up
The paint match of the bumpers vs the body panels is a bit off - meaning you can see a slight variation. to be clear it 50 times better that the last few Audi's I have owned. I only bring it up because I am OCD about detail & paint match. The RED is stunning. There were 6 being delivered, but I wanted white.....whatever.
Some of the cameras needed to self caliburate, so I was getting warning messages for the first 100 miles. that's now gone.

The only issue I have uncovered is that it needs to be aligned or something......slight pull to the right side and a bit of vibration at 75 +. New England still has some law enforcement under way, so driving like you are in South West Florida (where I live for 98 days / winter months) does not work here. In Florida its all you can get out of your vehicle.....I drive an SUV - Body on Frame while there.

So I am heading back to the service center on thursday to get the alignment and vibration corrected.....

I thought it would be helpful to close out the Order to Delivery process for others that may still be in process.

GL with your purchase.
.mc

wait --- they delivered 3 MYAWD - white interior - yesterday at the place I was at. One of the owners told me he ordered it 3 weeks ago, and it was a new vin , not one that had been rejected or reassigned...interesting?
One of the ladies asked if I wanted to swap, because she did not like the white interior.........What?