Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, employees are getting Dual Motor Standard Model Ys delivered. Look at Tesla Raj’s video. It shows the main screen with the model. It is not a SR Y. It is a Dual Motor Standard Y. They already have SR Y and it is not these.

I haven’t watched any streams but I could have told you going in that you weren’t going to see models we haven’t seen sitting outside for the last month all of a sudden pop up.

What happened to the 3 MY under wraps? New colors? LR, MYP?
I think it is safe to assume MYLR and MYP will be 2170 battery for atleast another year until 4680 production is scaled up, Fremont is retooled and the backlog of MYLR orders is cut down. No need for existing MY reservation holders and recent owners to get FOMO now. I bet some MYLR holders who purchased recently may end up cancelling and switching to the Standard AWD model if the cost difference is 5-6k or more.

look for red brake calipers or a rear deck spolier.
if they're not evident, then they are MYLR or MY AWD (SR)
You can tell by the wheels that they aren't MYP's

The performance have the larger center hubs when they spin
1649390961312.png

The LR or SR have the smaller inner circle, you can tell while they move

1649391009209.png

Reactions: Terminator857
I think this is Elon playing with us/media. You couldn't buy an ad campaign charged as this one. I know you can pick this apart but it's my not so strong opinion.
A summation of what we know (for my explanation) is the leaked information of the EPA info and someone at the show showing us the screen of an Austin built Standard MY. Too much conspiracy theory?
How convenient that the Big Secret Model Y had the power on, sitting in the middle of the floor with a stranger taking video of the screen. No flags? I think it's all to make us go astray, talk about it until the sun comes up, get the word out that everyone wants one of these and all the innovations. This plant could build the Hertz order in 3 months. No one can foretell but I believe same size structural battery packs with different configurations could be replaced on the line without much of an interruption. Remember, Elon said it's the factory that's the innovation.

I think this is Elon playing with us/media. You couldn't buy an ad campaign charged as this one. I know you can pick this apart but it's my not so strong opinion.
A summation of what we know (for my explanation) is the leaked information of the EPA info and someone at the show showing us the screen of an Austin built Standard MY. Too much conspiracy theory?
How convenient that the Big Secret Model Y had the power on, sitting in the middle of the floor with a stranger taking video of the screen. No flags? I think it's all to make us go astray, talk about it until the sun comes up, get the word out that everyone wants one of these and all the innovations. This plant could build the Hertz order in 3 months. No one can foretell but I believe same size structural battery packs with different configurations could be replaced on the line without much of an interruption. Remember, Elon said it's the factory that's the innovation.
there's never been any question that the battery packs can be varied / configured to specific kWh rating. Tesla can make them whatever capacity they want / need.
Just use inert cells to fill it out as needed. The battery casings are actually the stressed elements, cheap steel, with the whole pack acting as a structural element.
The external pack size is consistent. The quantity of active cells inside can vary. Same chassis manufacturing process regardless. Very flexible, fast, profitable.

The internet blog marketing Master Class continues.
Only Tesla knows, what they dish is carefully controlled but seemingly innocently random.
No company has ever been so casual in presentation but controlling in reality.
Only Tesla knows, but they're not telling ....just yet.

Reactions: DerbyCityY
Good point. I only live 30 miles from factory. I think you have to be in the Tesla cult to get tickets. I do not even know who my SA is and I cannot get a single response from the Austin SAs. No chance of me getting a ticket.
so, go to the local showroom, introduce yourself, take a test drive.
chat with an SA, develop a relationship and get what info you can. Just like everyone in the real world.
Don't expect the internet to come to you. Oh....too late. Everyone thinks that it does.....

I had a long day at work and missed the live updates.

Am I to understand that a) there really was no big news today that we didn’t already know and b) we still don’t know what variant is being produced at Austin despite deliveries starting today?

And my MYP coming in Monday isn’t obsolete?

Reactions: SWIPE

Am I to understand that a) there really was no big news today that we didn’t already know and b) we still don’t know what variant is being produced at Austin despite deliveries starting today?

Correct.

We learned very little that we care about. Model Y's wearing 20 inch wheels rolled across stage as "deliveries" but not a single detail.

Elon didn't even dance.

The drone show and fireworks were nice

Reactions: Jones1

no new info at all.
no details on what Austin is making. Speculating it's all the MY AWD that was disclosed with the EPA doc update.
no word on MYP. Likely good for the forseeable future. Likely you bought it cheaper than today's pricing, so you can dump it if need be.

Everyone seems surprised by elons lack of public speaking and presentation skills but he’s like that at any event. And he doesn’t care, even though any other company would get a real speaker, Elon has enough fanboys trying to jerk him off he can stumble up on stage and blabber about nothing. Literally the entire presentation was everyone goimg whoooo every 10 seconds he coulsnt say anything of substance if he even wanted

Meanwhile I have been enjoying my MYP for 8 weeks now while all the fools that thought it was going to be a complete dinosaur have been putting their “Austin built” MYP on hold because they actually thought the drone drivers, YTers and Tweeters actually had ONE fact when they have had zero still to this day.

Again until someone that actually works on the inside and is willing to risk their job for disclosing info that they are not allowed to or an actual car shows up in a customers driveway this is purely just an entertainment thread.

So glad we did not delay our delivery.

I assume your 12 year old doesn't have Asperger's either :)
Come on guys it was a joke. Please don’t make reference to my kid having any sort of condition…that’s not in good taste. My kid would never know about the condition nor did he care other than childish laughter.
Asperger’s or not, the man has 300Bill &. He can surely put some of it to public speaking lessons. (The king of England managed it)

Everyone seems surprised by elons lack of public speaking and presentation skills but he’s like that at any event. And he doesn’t care, even though any other company would get a real speaker, Elon has enough fanboys trying to jerk him off he can stumble up on stage and blabber about nothing. Literally the entire presentation was everyone goimg whoooo every 10 seconds he coulsnt say anything of substance if he even wanted
I don't even mind that he's not a super polished speaker but I hate how the events get ran. Ppl hate on Apple but every single one of their events had some level of decorum from the crowd. I didn't know if I was watching a revolutionary car company or an annual MLM scammer retreat.

I don't even mind that he's not a super polished speaker but I hate how the events get ran. Ppl hate on Apple but every single one of their events had some level of decorum from the crowd. I didn't know if I was watching a revolutionary car company or an annual MLM scammer retreat.

It was the opening of a new building not a new product announcemnent or the Gettysburg address.

I’m at April 20-May 6th for my MYP Blue/Blk/tow. Now that we know precisely nothing more from yesterdays fun fest, I’m even more overjoyed to accept delivery :)
Yea, there was nothing that could have been said last night which could have stopped me from taking delivery. I need the car and just want to get this over with. Besides the car has better features then were available when I ordered in september .

I'll have the opportunity for 4680's when I get the Cyber Truck , Likely 2025 or 2026 depending upon how many people actually take delivery before me. Maybe FSD will actually exist then as well.

That being said, if there are any issues when I go to pick up I'll just leave it there. I won't take delivery for even minor issues, they can fix it there and I'll come back and if they still aren't fixed I'll reject. I want the car but after such a long wait and needing to upgrade to take delivery I'm going to expect more from them.