Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course it's advertising. The actual point still stands.

edit: It's money earned local, reinvested local and staying local. The seeming tone against a local dealership in favor of a far away corporate coffer thats for investor leagers and not coming back is an interesting one.
From a start, the AWD version felt like it had the same acceleration as the LR . At HWY speeds it still had some punch to it but not as much as the Y did. Steering was more responsive on the Y as well. Y is the more fun car to drive the 5 is definitley more user friendly, an older person would not have any issues getting the car moving :) . I want to drive the Limited with the reflected HUD

I didn't like the feel of the regen but I didn't try to adjust it .

This would be a local driver, home charging so the 270 would be enough . The MY will have the hitch on it so I'll use that for long range and towing until a truck arrives
Nice review... maybe the most useful and thoughtful Ive seen.

I will say, if they do allow me to modify my order without impact I will change my paint color. I paid $1k for the MSM but now that its free I may change it to Blue, Black or red. I still like MSM but I think its holding back my order from being fufilled
They do... I checked the link from here and that worked for changing color, and I also talked with an SA who was on top of facts in a way that inspired confidence. He said essentially what I expected... changing to MYP if anything would likely speed things up, changing to white could speed it or slow it, no way to tell, he said. But he didn’t seem to think changing it would toss me to the back of the line.
Im going to leave my color alone but it’s tempting to change it to white, see what happens, if nothing good then change back to blue.
I’d be happy with either but slight preference for blue.

They do... I checked the link from here and that worked for changing color, and I also talked with an SA who was on top of facts in a way that inspired confidence. He said essentially what I expected... changing to MYP if anything would likely speed things up, changing to white could speed it or slow it, no way to tell, he said. But he didn’t seem to think changing it would toss me to the back of the line.
Im going to leave my color alone but it’s tempting to change it to white, see what happens, if nothing good then change back to blue.
Actually, just emailed my SA, we had talked about me taking a VIN that was passed on, I let him know that I am open to new colors that are passed on also as he had asked me if I would go with a different configuration. Personally, I don't want 20" Wheels wont ever use a TOW. But would change color, if offered

I'd change to a MYP at my september prices only if they let me spec it with 19" wheels . They wouldn't let me do it then and i'm pretty sure they wouldn't let me do it now

Actually we placed an order and that $250 was a non refundable order fee. We pay the balance upon delivery but we have a signed contract for goods. It is NOT a deposit and not refundable (unless tesla can not fufill it) This is why Tesla needs you to agree to changes like radar being removed since it was part of some peoples origional contract.

The Cybertruck is a reservation not an order so there is no price locked in

You need to read the contract better. Things like Tesla removing Radar are 100% modifiable b/c the final design/config of the truck has not been established.

Best friend from college was on Tesla's legal team, believe me when I say they have made sure things are worded so what you describe above is NEVER an issue.

Reactions: advocate8
I've been texting and emailing Tesla for the past 2 weeks to put my order on hold, but they assigned a Fremont VIN this morning.
Main reason for wanting a hold is because I want to sell my current car first. Also want to see what all is announced at Austin Giga Fest on 4/7 before I accept a VIN.

White on White, no tow
Ordered :12/29
EDD : 3/22 - 3/27
VIN : 7SAYGDEF0NF406xxx

Meh

I've been texting and emailing Tesla for the past 2 weeks to put my order on hold, but they assigned a Fremont VIN this morning.
Main reason for wanting a hold is because I want to sell my current car first. Also want to see what all is announced at Austin Giga Fest on 4/7 before I accept a VIN.

White on White, no tow

Meh
Just call the store where you're supposed to take delivery and they can handle the hold for you.

White on White, no tow

Meh
Wow...ordered end of December and already have a VIN? Maybe I should start texting them that I want to put my order on hold to get it quicker.

FYI...if you want to sell your car fast and easy, try Carvana or something similar.

• Funny
Reactions: DrGriz

White on White, no tow

Meh

See if shift.com operates in your area. They paid me a ridiculously high amount for my car. It was a pretty easy process. They came to look at the car, I signed the sales contract and title transfer forms. They took the car and 2 days later they direct deposited the money into my account.

They used to be an option, they were taken away. I have no intention of buying a new car just to swap parts out. I don't need a MYP but I'd be willing to take a hit to get the car sooner as long as it had all the things I want.
The scenario I was thinking through was to switch to white MYP at the old price, which was 5k more. Then put an ad up to trade the wheels and tires in return for 19” geminis plus I dunno $1000 for fast deal. You might could get more $ for that trade.
At that point I’m $4000 over, plus a half day of monkeying around with the tire swap.
I was prob going to shell out $2k for performance boost anyway, so I really only would have $2000 more in the car….
And i would have a slightly faster car worth fair amount more in resale.
But honestly at this point so late would I get it much quicker? Dunno

White on White, no tow

Meh
New to this forum.

I was also assigned a Fremont VIN this morning.

MYP
White with black interior
Ordered: 02/09/2022
DD:3/27/2027
VIN:7SAYGDEF8NFFxxxxxx

I had thought Austin MYP will be delivered end of first quarter. Who knows when I can take delivery if i put this one on hold. Hard decision to make.

Really want the new battery

New to this forum.

MYP

I had thought Austin MYP will be delivered end of first quarter. Who knows when I can take delivery if i put this one on hold. Hard decision to make.

I have decided to take delivery of mine and not worry about the new battery. If I want the new battery I will just order another at later date. No guarantee that putting on hold will get you the new battery. They will take some time to ramp up production I think Fremont VIN's will continue to be delivered for awhile. Just noticed you were in LA you will get Fremont regardless.

New to this forum.

MYP

No indication at all that MYP will be produced at Austin. So far, they look to be MYLR, (Or the new MYAWD standard range).

Reactions: Mrbrock