Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was surprised to hear that the Berlin Model Y's are running 2170 cells for now, awaiting a local 4680 battery factory before moving to that format.

This makes Austin rollout all the more interesting to finally see the first real-life new generation packs.
This has been known for quite a while. The only 4680s being produced to Teslas specs are coming from Kato. Kato is not supplying Austin and Berlin and Fremont. Kato develops the process. Austin and Berlin build lines to produce as larger scale and Kato shifts to supply Fremont until Panasonic can build a factory in 2023 to supply Fremont.

Reactions: advocate8
It seems like I am behind the subject regarding the "New Door Panels."

I was under the impression that MY already received an interior face lift and the door panels were already improved.

What is the difference between the current door panels on the MY and the new door panels?

What makes them better than the current version?

Cheers,

Last edited:
I must have missed this, but where did you see Austin builds with the new door panels?

Europe has already been getting the new door panels like China and have been for some time now.
There is no public photo of Austin interior yet. That’s actually an improvement that I’d like to see, but won’t be getting as my car will be Fremont and Fremont seems to be in no hurry with that one.

There is no public photo of Austin interior yet. That’s actually an improvement that I’d like to see, but won’t be getting as my car will be Fremont and Fremont seems to be in no hurry with that one.
That was my impression as well. The close up drone footage of the vehicles outside the factory didn’t seem to indicate any new interior door panels, but will wait for April’s factory opening to see the 1st sold production cars.

Reactions: BGOwner
It seems like I am behind the subject regarding the "New Door Panels."

I was under the impression that MY already received an interior face lift and the door panels were already improved.

What is the difference between the current door panels on the MY and the new door panels?

What makes them better than the current version?

Cheers,

It's just a different design that looks like the redesign done for Model 3

Top is current Model Y; Bottom is current (updated) Model 3

Reactions: SWIPE and MY Ocean
MYs leaving gigatexas today on car carriers (photo from Joe Tegtmeyer's drone flight today - there was a 2nd loaded carrier just round the corner from this one).)

Gigatexas-Pic.jpg

Last edited: