Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sad part of this is everyone’s “disappointment” are based on overly optimistic internet rumors.

New technology takes time to fully optimize.
New factories take time to get to full production.
New factories with new technology are duplicative in terms of challenges and ramps.

In other words anyone who said or assumed GigaTexas was going to produce “better” versions of existing cars day 1 was ignoring facts.

Anyone who assumed GigaTexas cars were going to outperform existing cars was ignoring facts.

The simplest answers are usually the correct ones. The amount of difficulty answering all the questions that came out of a better version being made in Texas vs California should’ve been the first clue that it wasn’t happening.

Will 4680s form the foundation of a future Model Y 2.0? Yes. But don’t hold your breath that is happening in 2022.

The must have purposly nerfed the speed on the SR just to make make it look like the LR was more then just a different battery capacity. 0.2 Sec is not that much but I bet your still going to see accelleration boost so Tesla can squeeze a bit more out of it.

Smaller pack, typically lower peak current output. If the 4680 pack is in the 70 KWH region like we think, it would be very reasonable for it to be a step slower than the larger 82 KWH MYLR pack.

This only applied to Model 3. Fremont never exported Model Y internationally. European Y deliveries came from Shanghai.
Actually, Fremont was the source for vehicles going to Central and South America, and of course, Canada.
There were many pics of transport trucks going to the ports of the SF area.
So....
But yes, mostly early in any given Quarter, shipments go Intrnl. Then East, Midwest, and finally West, depending on lots of factors.

Yup! SA told me to leave the financing blank as they will rerun my credit, initial edd was May 2022 then June 2022, as we inch closer to June started to check the forums only to find out I need to set the payment method & put cash as place holder in March. After I did, I got the precise date, August 15th - September 12th. Didn't change since, cries! Now I'm super pissed tbh, I was trying to get it before or by summer, because of misinfo, I now have to wait after summer and felt like I wasted an entire season / year after all we only have 1 summer per year.
What about explaining this to the company to see if they can help at all?

Actually, Fremont was the source for vehicles going to Central and South America, and of course, Canada.
There were many pics of transport trucks going to the ports of the SF area.
So....
But yes, mostly early in any given Quarter, shipments go Intrnl. Then East, Midwest, and finally West, depending on lots of factors.
Thus far no official Tesla vehicle has been exported to South America. In fact my 2016 Model 3 reservation remains on the books.
North America yes, Canada, US, Mexico all have official sales. None in South America, sad to say.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
Rumoured 59k

I know it's just a rumor, but I also expect a price point that's rather on the high end for MYAWD. Yes there's a $9k differential for the M3 SR, but that thing only has one motor and a much larger gap in range+performance vs the M3LR. With demand far exceeding supply, Tesla is likely to go just $4k-$5k down (from $63k) for the MYAWD give or take any tweaks to standard equipment on the two models.

Last edited:
This Reddit thread has lots of speculation, including several users claiming to be Tesla employees that received a company email saying they were free to quote the price of $59,990 for the MY AWD. One of them speculated that the order page would go live between now and the earnings call on 4/20.
I think they will go live right before earnings call. so they can talk about it during the call and push the stock price little higher and give "analysts" to do some more work. lol

This Reddit thread has lots of speculation, including several users claiming to be Tesla employees that received a company email saying they were free to quote the price of $59,990 for the MY AWD. One of them speculated that the order page would go live between now and the earnings call on 4/20.
The principle difference that we know of between AWD and LR is range. That ratio is 84.5% (279/330).
That would indicate a price for the AWD at about $53,250.

But that would be too logical.

Reactions: mwdietertg
The principle difference that we know of between AWD and LR is range. That ratio is 84.5% (279/330).

I suspect it will be closer to $57-60k based on limited supply during the ramp and the only appreciable difference from the MYLR being a smaller battery. I would be very surprised if it undercut the M3LR

I suspect it will be closer to $57-60k based on limited supply during the ramp and the only appreciable difference from the MYLR being a smaller battery. I would be very surprised if it undercut the M3LR
52k-53k is what I was hoping for as well. Close to 60k is a safe bet so they don't undercut the long range model.