Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we've not even reached the point where Austin ships the lower range MYAWD to the public, "waiting" for Austin MYLR feels pretty impractical given Tesla is now only allowing a single one-time hold per reservation...
So wrong!!! If you are holding for Austin MYs, keep holding. At least until I get mine. Then feel free to release your hold. Won’t cause my EDD to push anymore

How about someone follows one of these trucks? They see them on their drones, have a companion follow the truck when it leaves Tesla. You want to make news, report where these are headed.

To the member who saw a truckload headed west on 58 in CA, was the trailer red? I’ve seen a lot in CA heading south on 5 and don’t recall any having red trailers. These look brand new and likely built specifically for Tesla Austin.
No, blue trailer. But saw at least 20 heading south on I5

Its pretty funny how they took that tweet and completely twisted it into something different. The 2nd display discussed was behind the steering wheel not a rear entertainment system..
Ya. I heard the same thing. Behind the wheel. As much as Tesla is trying to save money when building cars and has anL major backlog, I can’t see the advantage for them to add a back seat monitor.

Its pretty funny how they took that tweet and completely twisted it into something different. The 2nd display discussed was behind the steering wheel not a rear entertainment system..

1651417908317.png

I have a model 3 so no urgent need for a model y. If I could place my order on hold I would, but Tesla says no way.
You're better off waiting for a Model Y if you can hold off. The current Model Y production is a complete mess. I had an order in for a Y but I canceled. figured id wait for the finished product rather then guessing what parts my vehicle will have and also wanted to wait to see what the Model Y SR is all about. I have a Model 3 as well and so no rush for me to get into a Y.

Tesla is saying they have supply chain issues and the charger debacle looks like they are trying to avoid supply chain issues with chargers. Why on earth would they want to add another screen to the 3 and Y and add another supply chain issue? Especially since they have an order backlog of nearly a year.

Reactions: Mrbrock
You're better off waiting for a Model Y if you can hold off. The current Model Y production is a complete mess. I had an order in for a Y but I canceled. figured id wait for the finished product rather then guessing what parts my vehicle will have and also wanted to wait to see what the Model Y SR is all about. I have a Model 3 as well and so no rush for me to get into a Y.

Because of a delayed wireless charging cable ??.. LOL so your advice is to wait and pay thousands more (for a build quality which won't actually improve) because there was a chance you had to wait 2 weeks for a USB charger back in Janurary ?

LOL... hope thats paying off for you.

• Funny
Reactions: BGOwner
Tesla is saying they have supply chain issues and the charger debacle looks like they are trying to avoid supply chain issues with chargers. Why on earth would they want to add another screen to the 3 and Y and add another supply chain issue? Especially since they have an order backlog of nearly a year.
Whatever (if ever) happens with a 2nd screen will be a future refresh thing. Every other manufacturer has a display behind the wheel which has speed and range. Its the #1 thing people want on the 3 & Y and Tesla doesn't even offer it as an option.

Its actually pretty interesting that you have to pay $400 for a garage door opener that needs to be installed by a Tesla mobile tech but they don't even offer the option for the 2nd screen but you can get them from 3rd partys if you don't mind playing software roulette with tesla.

In a couple years the Model Y will age to the point that they need to do something to keep people interested, especially since there will be many more available car options out there. So second screen, air suspension and other adds will be dripped in to keep it fresh.

Whatever (if ever) happens with a 2nd screen will be a future refresh thing. Every other manufacturer has a display behind the wheel which has speed and range. Its the #1 thing people want on the 3 & Y and Tesla doesn't even offer it as an option.

Its actually pretty interesting that you have to pay $400 for a garage door opener that needs to be installed by a Tesla mobile tech but they don't even offer the option for the 2nd screen but you can get them from 3rd partys if you don't mind playing software roulette with tesla.

In a couple years the Model Y will age to the point that they need to do something to keep people interested, especially since there will be many more available car options out there. So second screen, air suspension and other adds will be dripped in to keep it fresh.
Why do people keep being up Homelink. First, it’s $325. Not $400. And it is an add on for wither car dealers too. Audi, Kia, Hyundai plus others all have it as an add on now, been like that for years. Usually you end up adding the auto dimming rear view mirror with compass that has it. This is not standard on most cars but either by itself or a add on package.

Reactions: cdub