Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is interesting.. does this mean I may have a reject? Ordered 12/13 (MYP red, white interior), VIN assigned 12/15, Delivery 12/21-12/23.. My VIN is PF602xxx though.. how are we already at 623? I've texted 510 to ask for a build date/other info, but have not received replies
where do you live? I'm next to Fremont, so if you are not in the area that could explain it. this MYP was built 12/6 then parked in south san francisco. I rejected it thinking it might be a reject. a few minutes later, they assigned me another MYP also 621, built on 12/6 as well, parked in Dublin, which I took delivery on 12/15. bunch of issues - coolant humming when parked, driver door needs to slam shut, front passenger door rattles when driving, many small paint scratches. panel gaps weren't too bad. I'm taking it in for service center to look at in a couple days.

where do you live? I'm next to Fremont, so if you are not in the area that could explain it. this MYP was built 12/6 then parked in south san francisco. I rejected it thinking it might be a reject. a few minutes later, they assigned me another MYP also 621, built on 12/6 as well, parked in Dublin, which I took delivery on 12/15. bunch of issues - coolant humming when parked, driver door needs to slam shut, front passenger door rattles when driving, many small paint scratches. panel gaps weren't too bad. I'm taking it in for service center to look at in a couple days.

I live on the East Coast. I called the 800 # because I'm not getting responses from 510, and the guy told me the car was produced in November (didn't give me an exact date), which would be several weeks before I placed an order at a minimum.. and tracks with the #'s I've seen in this thread about the PF60x numbers.. so now I'm wondering why it has been sitting around for possibly a month or more, and whether or not it's going to have the comfort suspension, storage cover, etc..

Strangely, he told me that it shows as coming with USS, which would be a surprise since I haven't seen any reports of that here after the 58 or 59's? I have a feeling he was trying to get me off the phone, because he kept saying "Now I always recommend you check the car because this is just what's in the computer"...

When I picked up my M3 in Las Vegas April 2022, I was asked to schedule the pickup in the app. I was given a range of potential dates, I picked one and flew out for pickup and drove home.

Same this time around for my MYLR, although I’m still waiting for my scheduling prompt (should be soon since I received and redeemed my Mobile Connector promo code today). Since I live in Nebraska and financed through Tesla, I’ll have to drive to Kansas City to pick it up (archaic dealer laws in NE and IA).

@starship42 - When did you order your MY? And did you already pick it up? Just curious as we are still waiting for ours. Thanks in advance!

@starship42 - When did you order your MY? And did you already pick it up? Just curious as we are still waiting for ours. Thanks in advance!
I ordered a MYLR in late April 2022, revised May 2022. Took delivery of a 2023 made in Austin on November 11 2022. Love the car!

Off topic, but I’m currently in FL on vacation and rented a Polestar 2 from Hertz. I can say that I hate the P2. It’s a nice looking car, and the kick sensor to open/close the hatch is cool, but the Android OS and general UI is very unintuitive to me as an Apple/Tesla person. But I got the P2 from the PC line at $51/day plus tax so there’s that. The MYLR (my second Tesla) is a far better car in my very personal opinion.

Attachments

• 623DC9B6-4E78-4C23-B9C9-B66C23F00CA4.jpeg
    623DC9B6-4E78-4C23-B9C9-B66C23F00CA4.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 134
This is interesting.. does this mean I may have a reject? Ordered 12/13 (MYP red, white interior), VIN assigned 12/15, Delivery 12/21-12/23.. My VIN is PF602xxx though.. how are we already at 623? I've texted 510 to ask for a build date/other info, but have not received replies

I live on the East Coast. I called the 800 # because I'm not getting responses from 510, and the guy told me the car was produced in November (didn't give me an exact date), which would be several weeks before I placed an order at a minimum.. and tracks with the #'s I've seen in this thread about the PF60x numbers.. so now I'm wondering why it has been sitting around for possibly a month or more, and whether or not it's going to have the comfort suspension, storage cover, etc..

Strangely, he told me that it shows as coming with USS, which would be a surprise since I haven't seen any reports of that here after the 58 or 59's? I have a feeling he was trying to get me off the phone, because he kept saying "Now I always recommend you check the car because this is just what's in the computer"...

So I somehow managed to get on the phone with the local Tesla shop when I called the 800#, they told me my Red 2023 MYP had been scheduled for several other deliveries, but was diverted each time. They said no one actually tried to pick it up and it wasn't rejected in person, it was just the owner passed (woulda been pre-incentives, so I suppose that makes sense) for whatever reason/weren't ready. Said it had no service history on it, and only 9 miles. In person, it had no USS, but does have Matrix lights/comfort suspension.

Went to pick it up today and there were some small issues with it, the back window isn't perfectly aligned, each front door panel has some small gaps towards the bottom and also the front, and there are some paint blemishes/scratches (I guess from transportation). I told the guy at the service center (who was very nice and listened to me without trying to pressure me) that he definitely understood the issues and suggested I not take delivery that day (24th), let him have the shop people work on the scratches/alignment, and then the couple of spots that look like it might need more work either would be fixed after I take delivery. He told me that if they weren't able to get the scratches out that his service guy would just replace the panel, but that would be a service appointment after the fact.

He said not taking delivery would let him get the car to the front of the queue to fix these pre-delivery issues, and if I took delivery I'd just be in the main service queue with everyone else.. So, now my delivery is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I texted 510 for an update, but haven't heard anything back about whether they've been able to make progress on the issues.

Any advice for picking up tomorrow if things aren't fixed? Overall the car looks amazing, the interior needs to be cleaned a bit, but nothing serious that I noticed. Stuff like the window and door alignment will bother me more than other panel gaps because the glass just clearly isn't sitting correctly..

Attaching a few pics

Attachments

• IMG_6932.jpg
    IMG_6932.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6934.jpg
    IMG_6934.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6935.jpg
    IMG_6935.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6936.jpg
    IMG_6936.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6951.jpg
    IMG_6951.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 98
Ken - yours looks a little worse than mine, which has very small scratches here and there, and 1 tail light pushed in just a little too much. I ended up accepting it and had my ppf/ceramic coating guy claybar'ed them up. I had a service appt but they said tail light was in spec, so had them install the midflaps that's it. also the coolant fan is always on when car is awake, they said to protect the battery and it's normal. otherwise the car has no issues.