Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the LRAWD dropped by exactly $6000 CAD. I was literally pricing over the last week and this seals it, just ordered. This pricing change took away the agonizing over "I could get a M3P for less than this".

Performance still seems to be the same price as before - it's now $14,000 more than the LR.

Perf dropped a bit. Based on this it was $85990, and is now $83990. Not nearly as a big a drop as the LR AWD.
Tesla lowers car prices in Canada by a few thousand dollars

Schedule a Test Drive

I tried to book a contactless test drive online but no Model Y option is available. Maybe all booked up?

Possibly. I reached out to Sherway and have it booked for this afternoon. We had previously gone in and talked about it, so I think the person I'm dealing with might have given us priority. They've only just got the Y into the store in the last couple of days I think. I'll update after the test drive today

Took the test drive in a white Y Performance. Very nice ride - comfortable, but firm. Only felt the hardest bumps going over train tracks. Quieter than my S, nice upright seating with good outward view front and sides. Back quarter vision is a bit tougher, so if they're incorporating the side cameras, that will be better. Rear view is only adequate. Good sized frunk and trunk. I did think the trunk was shorter than I expected but still about as large as the Subaru Forester.

Reactions: akidesir
Anyone find the legroom has tons of room?
Sat in one last week I find the rear seat has tons of leg room and the front seat is set to my height, I am 5”11”

Leg room, especially in the back is much better than the S. The kids found it better as well, even with me sitting up front. It's probably because of the added height unlike a sedan. More foot room too - easy to rest your feet without worrying whether you've got enough room to move about during a trip.