Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR built in Giga Austin!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless you show that the specific car for which you have an Austin VIN right now is indeed a long range, which is doubtful, we'll probably have to assume you have agreed to take delivery of the MY AWD Standard Range (279 mi) and you're just trolling.

Nothing you've shown here indicates that that VIN is a LR.
What exactly would OP need to post in order to prove it? MVPA once it becomes available?

Reactions: voxel
Yup, was getting frustrated with the delays - then changed my mind and stuck out to wait some more (Had ordered it in Oct 2021)
What happened to the VIN you say was assigned back in March?

What happened to the VIN you say was assigned back in March?
They changed the VziN and assigned a new VIN this week. Spoke with Tesla customer care and they said it was done as delivery was delayed

Unless you show that the specific car for which you have an Austin VIN right now is indeed a long range, which is doubtful, we'll probably have to assume you have agreed to take delivery of the MY AWD Standard Range (279 mi) and you're just trolling.

Nothing you've shown here indicates that that VIN is a LR.
No one in their right mind would pay current prices for an AWD then they had an OCT LR ordered which was likely 5K+ cheaper

I’ll post pics when I get delivery…from all the Tesla news it seems it will be 2170….will know next week when I get delivery.
Btw how does one check what battery type is in the car?

All you need to do is show a snapshot of the vin on the car itself, and a picture of the charging screen on the the tesla interface in the car showing the slider at 100% and what that value is.

Of course, you dont have to do any of that, but since this website has already had more than one person try to post fake information about this (for some strange reason) that would help prove that this is not that situation.

Or, you could just take delivery of your car and go on with your life, since you have no obligation to do any of that, but someone who was willing to start a new thread on this topic (instead of posting in one of the dozens of existing threads) likely wants everyone to know they got this, so this doesnt seem like too much additional work.

All you need to do is show a snapshot of the vin on the car itself, and a picture of the charging screen on the the tesla interface in the car showing the slider at 100% and what that value is.

Of course, you dont have to do any of that, but since this website has already had more than one person try to post fake information about this (for some strange reason) that would help prove that this is not that situation.

Or, you could just take delivery of your car and go on with your life, since you have no obligation to do any of that, but someone who was willing to start a new thread on this topic (instead of posting in one of the dozens of existing threads) likely wants everyone to know they got this, so this doesnt seem like too much additional work.
Sure, will post pics when I get delivery.

Reactions: KJD and fiehlsport
No one in their right mind would pay current prices for an AWD then they had an OCT LR ordered which was likely 5K+ cheaper
I hear you there, but some have openly discussed this on this very forum or on reddit, can't remember. But I have seen posts of people mulling over paying more to get less range but get their car right away after being offered a MYAWD from Austin.

Either way, as others have pointed out in this thread, there hasn't been a single report of a MYLR (4680 or 2170) out of Giga Austin. So either the OP is lying (or confused), or he's not only the first person to have such a car, but also the first report of such a car existing. Either way, we'll find out soon enough :)

I hear you there, but some have openly discussed this on this very forum or on reddit, can't remember. But I have seen posts of people mulling over paying more to get less range but get their car right away after being offered a MYAWD from Austin.

Either way, as others have pointed out in this thread, there hasn't been a single report of a MYLR (4680 or 2170) out of Giga Austin. So either the OP is lying (or confused), or he's not only the first person to have such a car, but also the first report of such a car existing. Either way, we'll find out soon enough :)
Well......

While of course the OP might just be a troll, it seems unlikely the OP switched to MYSR just because for an Oct order it would cost more to do so. Also, if they do start limited deliveries of MYLR from Austin, it would make sense they'd send them to Texas first, just because shipping. But, if real, we should see many of these popping up over the next days...