Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance - Track Mode

Will there ever be Track Mode for Model Y Performance?

• Yes - In 2022

Votes: 56 37.1%
  • Not gonna happen

Votes: 65 43.0%
  • I don't have a performance, therefore, I don't care

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • What is track mode?

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Maybe when there is a like for like competitor

Votes: 19 12.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
44.25.1 popped in this am, and Track Mode is finally a reality. My track days are over but its a nice feature for some Performance owners.
so funny enough alot of people dont realize track mode can be beneficial in certain scenarios like winter driving as now you can turn down/off regen unlike on late 2021 an onward tesla took that away, i look at track mode as "indivdual mode" that alot of cars have to fully customize the driving experience and its for sure not just for the track but can be used in winter driving or when on dirt roads to actually get better control over the car

F0FREj6.jpg

Here we go... update Track Mode time.
Any feedback? :)

so funny enough alot of people dont realize track mode can be beneficial in certain scenarios like winter driving as now you can turn down/off regen unlike on late 2021 an onward tesla took that away, i look at track mode as "indivdual mode" that alot of cars have to fully customize the driving experience and its for sure not just for the track but can be used in winter driving or when on dirt roads to actually get better control over the car
Good point, thanks for pointing that out. I'll need to learn more about its capabilities and how it can be tweaked for everyday street use. Cheers

Track Mode makes the compressors turn on full time and its pretty loud. Probably not good for the car to run all the time either...its too bad we can't have control over the compressors.

Track Mode makes the compressors turn on full time and its pretty loud. Probably not good for the car to run all the time either...its too bad we can't have control over the compressors.
We do have control over the heat pump, it's called Track Mode. :)

If you use the mode as intended, you want the add'l cooling. The car is smart enough to not over-cool the battery/motors anyway. I'm sure the life of the heat pump isn't affected. It is running within its normal operating range.

People that run their climate at "HI" with the fan speed maxed out in the winter probably have more of a detrimental affect to the heat pump than track mode.

Reactions: Tonedog77
44.25.1 popped in this am, and Track Mode is finally a reality. My track days are over but its a nice feature for some Performance owners.

I doubt many HPDEs would allow a Model Y on track... though I think it should be allowed. They generally don't let SUVs out due to roll over risk. But the MY (and evs in general) have a low CG and I wouldn't be surprised if they rolled over less than some ICE sedans

• Funny
Reactions: BMWY
I doubt many HPDEs would allow a Model Y on track... though I think it should be allowed. They generally don't let SUVs out due to roll over risk. But the MY (and evs in general) have a low CG and I wouldn't be surprised if they rolled over less than some ICE sedans
seen plenty around my parts at HPDE days also lots of suvs. before too like X5Ms and plenty of macans as well prob more track to track

Reactions: Daekwan
I went to a local HPDE 4 times this year. They had no problems allowing me to take the MYP onto the track. I was the only person who drove an SUV though. I recall reading somewhere that the MY is basically impossible to roll over, so probably no more of a risk on a track than a typical ICE car. I sure look forward to going again next year and using Track Mode there.

• Informative
Reactions: Daekwan and Tha_Ape
LOL, times have changed my friend. I've had my X3M and MYP on the track dozens of times without issue.

It's practically impossible to rollover a Y.

Per Tesla
Rollovers significantly increase the risk of injury during an accident. To calculate rollover resistance in NHTSA’s test, Model Y is parked on a suspended platform that rotates in all directions to physically measure center of gravity and moments of inertia. NHTSA’s assessment determined that Model Y has a rollover risk of 7.9%, the lowest of any SUV recorded to date by the organization.

Last edited: