Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Service Bulletins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can wait as long as you want, but when it fails you will literally be out in the cold! So a little pro activity would be in order. Been there done that…
I feel that, thats why I said "glaring"... I've had warning about cameras being obscured when it was dark, it was really annoying, but I assume they'll either fix it with software or in 3 years they'll have better hardware. i'm not going to bother reporting that, but if something related to drivetrain happens, I surely would.

I might have missed this but is there a link for checking if a VIN is in need of a 'service bulletin' or what is the process to cross-check - I didn't see anything in the app or online (unless you pay as a repair shop? Welcome | Tesla Service)

I did see Home | NHTSA for recalls but that is not the same as a service bulletin (based on my understanding)
I'm not sure if all TSB's are on NHTSA's site but some of them are. 2021 Model Y SBs. The temperature sensors for the heat-pump SB is hilariously labeled "Components: Fuel System, Gasoline"

I got MY in August 2020, when winter strolled around the heat failed and I brought it back to the SC and they replaced the PT sensors.

I recently went back about some seat issues and they performed the TSB and replaced all 3 PT sensors with the new upgraded version.

Now, my heat doesn't work again... It works in "AUTO" mode but it did fail once it got colder as well. With the fan on "MANUAL" mode it's literally just blowing cold air even after the car is warm and "AUTO" was blowing hot air.

I got the car back today and the SC said it was due to frozen front louvers, but after taking off and driving "MANUAL" mode is still blowing cold air!

Anyone else experiencing similar issues? I really don't want to go back to the SC for a 4th time in a month....

Surprised I couldn't find a separate Model Y thread for the seatbelt recall.

Folks with 2019-2021 Ys should check if theirs should be fixed.

1639668711627.png

Reactions: ffearless
So, my wife keeps finding trouble reports online. Today she found one saying that the windshield defogger stops working properly at 14 degrees F. Where can I find something that says that Tesla cares and is working on a fix? I don't see that one in the Tech bulletins.

So, my wife keeps finding trouble reports online. Today she found one saying that the windshield defogger stops working properly at 14 degrees F. Where can I find something that says that Tesla cares and is working on a fix? I don't see that one in the Tech bulletins.

It isn't a TSB, it is a recall and Tesla has already deployed a fix: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCLRPT-22V050-2023.PDF (Though not everyone has installed it yet.)

It was fixed in firmware versions 2021.44.30.7 and newer. (Which was released on January 15th.)

I got MY in August 2020, when winter strolled around the heat failed and I brought it back to the SC and they replaced the PT sensors.

I recently went back about some seat issues and they performed the TSB and replaced all 3 PT sensors with the new upgraded version.

Now, my heat doesn't work again... It works in "AUTO" mode but it did fail once it got colder as well. With the fan on "MANUAL" mode it's literally just blowing cold air even after the car is warm and "AUTO" was blowing hot air.

I got the car back today and the SC said it was due to frozen front louvers, but after taking off and driving "MANUAL" mode is still blowing cold air!

Anyone else experiencing similar issues? I really don't want to go back to the SC for a 4th time in a month....

Did you ever have your windshield replaced?

I sent a message to Tesla 510 phone number yesterday late night and I got one scheduled for delivery on Friday!

Question: How do you request to pick up the Fremont Sales office, instead of fore them to drop it off.
I want to do inspection and file service requests right away.
Or this does not really matter, since one can file service request later anyway?

Any experiences on this will be helpful.

I sent a message to Tesla 510 phone number yesterday late night and I got one scheduled for delivery on Friday!

Question: How do you request to pick up the Fremont Sales office, instead of fore them to drop it off.
I want to do inspection and file service requests right away.
Or this does not really matter, since one can file service request later anyway?

Any experiences on this will be helpful.
I picked it up at a Sunnyvale delivery location and had 2 issues: dirty handprint on driver side inside A pillar, partially detached cover around inside rear view mirror. Handprint was cleaned, I reported mirror cover which was fixed later. fit and finish was fine.