Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not a rumour though is it? Few people on this forum have spoken to Tesla and have been told YP is coming to uk from Berlin. That’s the current plan. Of course it may change if Berlin production is delayed.

There is a huge backlog of YP orders for Europe for Y’s produced in Berlin. Particularly orders from Germany
Yes others have been told no RHD cars from Berlin until 2023 at the earliest!! Time will tell either way!!

I think you have to realise that it's a queue and if you gave up the space for whatever reason then it only seems fair that you join the queue waiting for your particular model and delivery that suits you. Do you think they should slot you onto a particular slot that someone else has been allocated? [Sorry I sound like a Tesla Customer Services nerd]
What are you on about? No one has been allocated outside of these special events. I ordered very early on the day of release for delivery at Bluewater. I didn’t ask to pick up in Southampton, therefore I’d expect my original request and place in that queue to be honoured.

Just seen this Intel Atom vs AMD Ryzen processor comparison. Can anyone with a Model 3 confirm it's accuracy? Without having any experience, I'm surprised at the apparent sluggishness of the older CPU.

Probably a really good thing we're getting the newer processor.
No way the current CPU is that slow.. It looks more like they were having connectivity issues on the other car - the slowness is all waiting for data.

Europe are getting MYP this quarter, coming from China but the UK one seems to be TBC at this moment and the rumour is it will be made in Germany - so it will have to wait for that factory to start up.

I don't see how the lease company got an estimated delivery date of March, unless they are confused with the LR.
Wrong. I know for a fant that MYP European deliveries are coming from Berlin. That is the plan as of today.

What are you on about? No one has been allocated outside of these special events. I ordered very early on the day of release for delivery at Bluewater. I didn’t ask to pick up in Southampton, therefore I’d expect my original request and place in that queue to be honoured.
Did they offer you delivery? If you didn't accept then the next person in the queue gets that spot, seems fairly simple. The various 'special events' collections around the country were offered to first orders provided it was the spec they had ordered. They are not necessarily the delivery location you wanted and when you're offered another vehicle I imagine it will be to Bluewater.

Wrong. I know for a fant that MYP European deliveries are coming from Berlin. That is the plan as of today.
Which makes me think that UK YP’s may get a bit of a delay. Berlin needs to be up and running pretty sharpish. Next Friday apparently is a hearing regarding the water issues. Seems crazy they go through the entire planning process, the factory gets built, and there is a hold due to water capacity in the region. You would think this would be sorted at an early stage. I imagine Elon is furious. There is a huge backlog of European customers waiting for Y from Berlin. Don’t think demand for YP in UK is high though.

Which makes me think that UK YP’s may get a bit of a delay. Berlin needs to be up and running pretty sharpish. Next Friday apparently is a hearing regarding the water issues. Seems crazy they go through the entire planning process, the factory gets built, and there is a hold due to water capacity in the region. You would think this would be sorted at an early stage. I imagine Elon is furious. There is a huge backlog of European customers waiting for Y from Berlin. Don’t think demand for YP in UK is high though.
Just curious why you would go for the P over LR?

Just curious why you would go for the P over LR?
It’s a fair query. I went with a 3LR and always regretted not getting the P. I got the LR because of the tow bar but never used it.

The acceleration gap between the YLR and P is greater than the gap between the 3LR and P. I don’t think I would want a Y that’s slower than my 3LR.

Also the headlights (may) be different in the YP than the YLR. The render suggests so. Maybe not, who knows. I like the spoiler and the huge wheels. Those wheels must be a few grand.

Reactions: rnbetsy
It’s a fair query. I went with a 3LR and always regretted not getting the P. I got the LR because of the tow bar but never used it.

The acceleration gap between the YLR and P is greater than the gap between the 3LR and P. I don’t think I would want a Y that’s slower than my 3LR.

Also the headlights (may) be different in the YP than the YLR. The render suggests so. Maybe not, who knows. I like the spoiler and the huge wheels. Those wheels must be a few grand.
MY LR with Acceleration boost is 4.2s 0-60. It just needs confirming that it's available to buy..

Did they offer you delivery? If you didn't accept then the next person in the queue gets that spot, seems fairly simple. The various 'special events' collections around the country were offered to first orders provided it was the spec they had ordered. They are not necessarily the delivery location you wanted and when you're offered another vehicle I imagine it will be to Bluewater.
I agree someone else should get the 'special' delivery, but I shouldn't go to the back of the queue for 'normal' deliveries just because I didn't accept the 'special delivery'. That would be unfair given I never asked for the 'special' delivery, wouldn't you agree? Anyway, its pointless festering over it. Tesla will do what it pleases ultimately.