Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Say hello to Persephone, only one pic as it was nearly 5pm and i wanted to get home. Got a bit of a fright though, they gave me the keys and said area B, off i went in search of the promised one only to come away fruitless. Then i spotted my reg across the car park, woohoo i thought until i got closer - the back end looked like it had an argument with a bulldozer, bugger i thought no Y for me. Went back to the desk and the girl started to panic but after a few checks it turned out my car was in area B (VIN confirmed) but some ejit had put the wrong plates on it, cue a frantic swap over and my panic attack ended lol. Has a couple of dirty marks inside but apart from that all is well.
Big queue on he M60 on the way home due to a broken down Vauxhall (absolutely detest that brand) in the outside lane.View attachment 788351
Lovely. Just need to wait for mine to arrive now! Everything’s all done and the (external) finance is applied in the account…just missing the vehicle 😂

Reactions: Mr H
Hi, first poster.

I ordered an MY at the weekend. It estimated delivery as July, but now says May 08 - June 05. Is that the delivery window and is it normally towards the back end? I’m returning from living in Australia in mid April and trying to decide whether to rent or buy an old car. It all depends on how long I have to wait for the Tesla.
Thanks

Hey Teaston! congrats man, finally! - enjoy the new wheels. Looks great.

I Finally got around to lowering the tyre pressure to 42 PSI after 6 weeks !
- Did it today and noticed a big difference. I wonder if all the motoring journalists were reporting ride quality on 20" inductions at 50 PSI !

Top tip; Anyone picking up a new one on inductions, check the PSI on the screen and if its 50PSI take the valve caps off, stick your front door key on the valve to release the pressure and count to 15 seconds on each wheel and then go check your pressure on the screen before you set off. I did that today and hit 43PSI exactly on each wheel 😎

Also, I got that Dodo Juice (the cleaner and the protector for the white interior). The cleaner says don't agitate with a brush but on Amazon, everyone else seemed to be ordering it with a brush (to agitate). Just wondering, on your M3 did you need to use a brush or just rub it a bit with a microfibre rag? I ask because I can still see (almost invisible) bit of jean rub off on the passenger side.
I just use a microfibre cloth, a brand new one preferably. I can’t really say if you’ll get all the jeans dye off an unprotected seat, I protected mine as soon as I got the car (and have already done so on the MY).

Reactions: Pete UK
Hi, first poster.

I ordered an MY at the weekend. It estimated delivery as July, but now says May 08 - June 05. Is that the delivery window and is it normally towards the back end? I’m returning from living in Australia in mid April and trying to decide whether to rent or buy an old car. It all depends on how long I have to wait for the Tesla.
Thanks
Early May onwards will be the start of second quarter deliveries, April is when they're on a ship. When you get it in that window is anyones guess really, there is no consistency

Hi, first poster.

Thanks
Generally it would be towards the start of that window, but with the possibility of more factory shutdowns in china, who knows.

Regarding the ride quality on the MY:

It is harder than the M3 LR on 18s, I noticed it driving out of Bluewater, but after driving for a few miles I didn’t notice it anymore. I can’t say that there is any difference between the Geminis and Inductions, I doubt anyone could tell the difference between them.

So, if you really like the look of the Inductions, I would say just go ahead and order them (or change your order to them), you might even get the car sooner with them by the looks of it.

Also, the MY is far more comfortable for long journeys, my back was aching from about halfway to Bluewater, but it was absolutely fine the whole way home! I think because your legs go down to the floor, rather than almost straight out in front of you, is much better for posture.

I am getting that boomy wind buffeting sound in the cabin, so I will be trying the fixes for that at the weekend.

Oh, and I averaged 350 wh/mile on the way home, at 75mph most of the way, I hope that improves! It did get as low as 5°C outside though.

Reactions: PastaSource
Yep - so the situation we're in now (12 month old cars worth more than new car) will stop, and residuals will drop, right?
If you buy a second hand car that costs more than new, (i) don't do it, buy new (ii) you will loose more if you buy the second hand car at a higher price.
Looking at the recent figures, anyone buying second hand are doing so, at premium. Its not a case of if, it will happen, but when - residuals will lower.

Last edited:
Oh, and this was charging at Bluewater today!! 🤣
FE9A529A-2771-4BFA-A04C-9A2AA31805FD.jpeg

Yes, I think you can safely assume that. Anyone doing their calcs based on what their car might be worth in 2-3 years time based on the current situation is taking a bit of a risk, in my opinion.

I’ve been quoted 12-13 months lead time for a BMW i4 and my BMW dealer has offered me more than the finance settlement figure to buy my X3 back, which was previously unheard of <2 years into a PCP.

Of course, we might still be in the same boat in 2-3 years time, but I think it’s unlikely.
Indeed, the current used car market is being driven by the lack of new stock and nothing more. That said, Tesla are bucking that trend, but as the only new cars that you can reliably get are Teslas, they are holding their value. My son is working for VW Financial Services at the moment and they are predicting there to be a rise in the price for EV's due to the cost of fuel.

Fuel prices will stabilise. OPEC has always controlled the price of oil, they always will. It is not in their interest for it to get too high, the last time that happened the USA started developing oil extraction that was previous untenable. OPEC pumped more oil.

My two business partners have a Land Rover Discovery Sport and the Discover is worth more that was paid for 12 months ago and the X5 is vastly outstripping it's ballon payment.

Reactions: Markee68
Hi, first poster.

Thanks
What config did you go for, I ordered MY white geminis black interiors - so standard with no addons - it says July 22

Same config. It said July, but dropped to May 8 -June 5 after 2 days

Mine's remaining "May 8th - May 22nd", so a 2 calendar week window rather than your 4 calendar week window. This might be normal, but it does bamboozle me a bit; presumably these vehicles are all part of the same shipment. Any wise owls here know why some get 4 weeks and others 2 ?