Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So that’s pretty much confirms YP will be from Berlin.

Timeframe works. Latest is that Berlin will have approval ‘in a few weeks’. Ramp up for Berlin YP deliveries for Germany in March, UK a few months later. Makes sense. YP are first off the Berlin line, white and black. Only query is do RHD and LHD come off the same line etc.
I hear the Berlin are only producing Black and White MYP first...

I think if that were true we’d already have heard about Ohmmu and other lithium battery replacements have the same effect.

It seems pretty crazy that charging the 12v could add so much range.
It won’t make any noticeable difference. The person just got confused between the main and aux battery. The range increase is due to the newer 79 kWh battery now guaranteed to be fitted rather than the smaller 75 kWh battery.

It‘s the same reason the M3LR range increased today to now match the range the LR has had in mainland Europe for the last quarter.

It won’t make any noticeable difference. The person just got confused between the main and aux battery. The range increase is due to the newer 79 kWh battery now guaranteed to be fitted rather than the smaller 75 kWh battery.

It‘s the same reason the M3LR range increased today to now match the range the LR has had in mainland Europe for the last quarter.
Correct M3LR and MYLR + P have received a millage boost today, Thorpe Park Demos have the larger battery. These will be delivered from Feb onwards as per the Tesla Team conversations.
We have to remember in November it was reported that the battery size will jump from 50kWh to 62.3kWh (60kWh) for the model 3, while the Long Range also gets an upgrade from 75kWh to 82kWh. So it seem right the Model Y inherited the same battery…the updates were applied to the website this week….

Last edited:
That's just how far ahead Tesla is when it comes to electric drive efficiency and drag coefficient of their cars. Let's not forget they have 10y headstart vs legacy OEMs, and it's not something that you can recover just by throwing $billions at it.
That’s not exactly true though. The BMW i3 has been around 8 years for starters. Mercedes were a major shareholder in Tesla for years and had access to the technology such they built cars based in MS running gear (although they were relatively rubbish). Batteries are made by 3rd parties.

Changes in range tend to be linked to tyre choice, battery capacity and how they programme the heat pump which is causing some difficulty at the moment. We’ve been the poor relation on battery capacity for a year but we’re finally playing catch up

Hello all. I have just tried to book a test drive at Thorpe Park and rather surprisingly got an email back straight away for 4:00 tomorrow afternoon.

So I was wondering if anybody who has done a test drive could provide some more details. Do I need to bring anything, how long do you get, can you drive where you like or is it a predetermined route etc?

Any info would be appreciated as Teslas email contains NO info other than the time date and address. As i have to drive over an hour to get there I don't want to miss something obvious.

Many thanks in advance!
Just your driving license. They take a photo for insurance purposes.

I would use google maps to find somewhere 15mins away that looks interesting and stick that in the cars satnav. The default destination they put in was a hotel along the Staines road and I’m sure there are better.

Have fun.

Interesting since Tesla never reveal the kWh capacity of their cars. A modest 15 or so extra miles on a theoretical max range of 315 is only about 5% and is probably achievable from new software/control efficiencies, revised cell performance data or just re-evaluation of test data.

Could it be that a) revised test data supports a higher WLTP calculation and/or b) revised performance data on the pack has allowed a tweak to reduce the reserved "non-usable" capacity? Both would allow for a modest boost in range w/o any physical changes at all.

I see there also reports from November saying the 0-60 time had increased. Remember what happens when you press the fast pedal is decided by software not by your foot!

Interesting since Tesla never reveal the kWh capacity of their cars. A modest 15 or so extra miles on a theoretical max range of 315 is only about 5% and is probably achievable from new software/control efficiencies, revised cell performance data or just re-evaluation of test data.

Could it be that a) revised test data supports a higher WLTP calculation and/or b) revised performance data on the pack has allowed a tweak to reduce the reserved "non-usable" capacity? Both would allow for a modest boost in range w/o any physical changes at all.

I see there also reports from November saying the 0-60 time had increased. Remember what happens when you press the fast pedal is decided by software not by your foot!
Tesla don’t publish the capacities but they’re often written on the batteries and people plug 8n diagnostic devices where they can read the data.

Tesla do list the battery in the spec for a car which while not being prominent is relatively easy to get. We know there’s new Standard range and long range batteries for the uk, both with bigger capacity compared to the old.

You mention software tweaks etc to give more range. Take the heat pump cars, they scavenged so much heat they caused poor performance, they then had to reduce the heat scavenging which means more use of cabin heaters. It’s complex but the situation here is more to do with capacity changes and changes make things worse as well as better at times, the heat pump is a recent example where it’s almost certainly reduced efficiency

Hello all. I have just tried to book a test drive at Thorpe Park and rather surprisingly got an email back straight away for 4:00 tomorrow afternoon.

So I was wondering if anybody who has done a test drive could provide some more details. Do I need to bring anything, how long do you get, can you drive where you like or is it a predetermined route etc?

Any info would be appreciated as Teslas email contains NO info other than the time date and address. As i have to drive over an hour to get there I don't want to miss something obvious.

Many thanks in advance!
Take your license and go 15 mins early. A link would be sent to you via email or sms to upload pictures of license. You get 30 mins of time so there isn't a lot to do. We drove around Staines, tried some round about, tried Sainsbury's parking etc to get a feel. We then tried the following scenarios:

1. While driving, try to change the radio station or volume
2. Try washing the windscreen
3. Adjusting the cabin temperature
4. Check rear visibility and see if the blind-spot camera view is suitable
5. Try cruise control, auto-steer (beta) and auto-park (beta). Be careful with the beta features since you are more likely to crash on to parked cars.
6. Suspension (If possible, swap the drivers and repeat the test)

Good luck!

Reactions: RichardTheKing
Interesting since Tesla never reveal the kWh capacity of their cars.
Whilst they don’t specify it on their website they do on required import documentation for some countries. Yes Tesla could unlock some of the buffer to increase range but that isn’t the case here. The new battery pack is well known and understood and has been in the wild on the M3 for a number of months in Europe, and a few weeks in the UK - it’s capacity is known through software diagnostics, it has a different part code on the battery pack itself and the vehicle‘s variant code is different on the V5 document. It was only a matter of time before the same pack was to be used on the MY as Tesla want to minimise the number of parts they use. It now seems the inventory of the old 75 kWh LG battery has been exhausted and the newer 79 kWh LG BT43 (M50) pack is exclusively used.

Reactions: Roarr
Just your driving license. They take a photo for insurance purposes.

I would use google maps to find somewhere 15mins away that looks interesting and stick that in the cars satnav. The default destination they put in was a hotel along the Staines road and I’m sure there are better.

Have fun.
Many thanks
Take your license and go 15 mins early. A link would be sent to you via email or sms to upload pictures of license. You get 30 mins of time so there isn't a lot to do. We drove around Staines, tried some round about, tried Sainsbury's parking etc to get a feel. We then tried the following scenarios:

1. While driving, try to change the radio station or volume
2. Try washing the windscreen
3. Adjusting the cabin temperature
4. Check rear visibility and see if the blind-spot camera view is suitable
5. Try cruise control, auto-steer (beta) and auto-park (beta). Be careful with the beta features since you are more likely to crash on to parked cars.
6. Suspension (If possible, swap the drivers and repeat the test)

Good luck!
Thankyou so much for that. That's really helpful.

How soon before the test drive did you get the email as I haven't received anything yet?

Finally got some answer from Tesla Ireland:
Screenshot_20220115-115533.png

But unfortunately nothing decisive 😅

Many thanks

Thankyou so much for that. That's really helpful.

How soon before the test drive did you get the email as I haven't received anything yet?
Are you referring to request to upload driving license photos?

I got a call to check I was still coming and the guy emailed a link to upload my DL which didn’t work. I txt him back and he said don’t worry just bring it along.

So as long as you’ve actually got a booking don’t worry. It’s all pretty chilled when you get there.

I saw some recent reporting where ranges were questioned in real-life situations. Tesla responded to these and pointed to the reserve miles available after the car reads zero and these were not accounted for. Different companies (under the tests) had varying reserves. From memory normal was 10-20 miles but one car brand was a LOT more. I wonder if it could be a reporting change where they simply just include the miles after the car reads zero in the new stats?

Link? Tesla have told leaseplan that they are expecting my MY LR delivered to Cribbs on the 10/02/22 which has been lining up with everything since December. Not holding my breath though but it has been surprisingly accurate to matching all the progress seen in the last 2 months.

Reactions: surnameuser
Link? Tesla have told leaseplan that they are expecting my MY LR delivered to Cribbs on the 10/02/22 which has been lining up with everything since December. Not holding my breath though but it has been surprisingly accurate to matching all the progress seen in the last 2 months.