Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the basis that my current car has a white leather seats and I am forever having to clean them for dye transfer from jeans, I'd jump on a black interior.
Is it a Tesla?

As I understand it, the vegan leather used in Tesla's (well since about 2019) is slightly easier to clean and keep on top of. As you would expect natural leather has pores and absorbs water more easily. Dye transfer can therefore soak in and using the hot towel or steam method can help lift it, but with white vegan leather seats, some baby wipes used fairly regularly seems to do the job. A magic eraser for when they dont.

Reactions: ME_UK
Isn't it normal practice to have all the accessories already piled up, way before the car comes?
It is in my house😅. New torque wrench just arrived because the old one not up to Tesla wheel torque. Now in the spare room with the rest of it.

Now then....SWMBO has just suggested that I might like to leave space in the "spares room" for a camp bed:(. Non an accessory I was planning on ordering...... I did tell her about the Tesla camping mattress which she liked on the basis that single occupancy hotel rooms maybe cheaper and we will get a parking place for me....

Is it a Tesla?

As I understand it, the vegan leather used in Tesla's (well since about 2019) is slightly easier to clean and keep on top of. As you would expect natural leather has pores and absorbs water more easily. Dye transfer can therefore soak in and using the hot towel or steam method can help lift it, but with white vegan leather seats, some baby wipes used fairly regularly seems to do the job. A magic eraser for when they dont.
No not a Tesla, an Audi, its a nice quality leather, but it does love blue jeans and I keep a pack of baby wipes in the car as a result!

Is it a Tesla?

So much on YouTube (from US owners in sunny states) as to how easy it is to keep them clean or to clean them when necessary with the right product.

Now then... I will just check out the availability of black loose covers:rolleyes:

Reactions: bp1000
I was also looking at those red caliper covers myself as they look lush.😎

Been searching all over for a 20 inch spare wheel or space saver but failed to find one as yet. Got any links please.
By the by, I really like the look and feel of the calliper covers which arrived this morning. I got them from Evannex, another US import I'm afraid.
They will be easy to fit; take a look at "Bearded Tesla Guy fitting red calliper covers" on YouTube.

P.S. I think they also do them in Yellow

Last edited:
Just had a phone call from Tesla to tell me that my car is delayed. Not really sure of the point of that as there was no clarification of delayed until when.
Yes! they called me to see if I would like it............
I said ............

Be sure to watch the next exciting instalment of "Where is my fu..ing MODEL Y" Seasons 1 through 4. An EDD Infinity Production.

My EDD changed from Sept-Oct this morning, to 20th-30th June just now. I was suspicious something had changed, as my app asked for Bluetooth permissions this morning, which was new.

Did the source code thing and found a VIN in the page, so does all the above mean I might get the car this quarter? We'd just settled in to not having it until the end of the year, so I'm reluctant to get too excited (although obviously I am).

If I am getting it, does anyone fancy a good deal on an ML63 AMG?! :D

My EDD changed from Sept-Oct this morning, to 20th-30th June just now. I was suspicious something had changed, as my app asked for Bluetooth permissions this morning, which was new.

Did the source code thing and found a VIN in the page, so does all the above mean I might get the car this quarter? We'd just settled in to not having it until the end of the year, so I'm reluctant to get too excited (although obviously I am).

If I am getting it, does anyone fancy a good deal on an ML63 AMG?! :D
Looks like all positive signs - congratulations!