Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 24/04/22 Model Y LR Red/Black/20s, for collection in Southampton.
Estimated delivery June - July > August - September > September 19 - November 3 > September 12 - October 27 > June 22 - June 30.

VIN in source code. (LRWYHCEK6NC347***), but not yet shown in account.

Received text message from tesla today while at work, Just booked collection only one date and time available.

Delivery Appointment​

Thursday, June 30 at 8:00pm
Southampton Delivery-Hub
Herbert Walker Ave
Southampton, England SO15 1HJ

It must be on the RCC Europe, that's due into Southampton late tonight.
The RCC Europe is going to sail past my bedroom window within the next few hours.
Is it sad that I will probably watch the RCC Europe come into view and sail by into Southampton?
that is a seriously quick order to collection, sooo jealous - enjoy! I ordered exactly a month before you and still nothing...

Reactions: oneear
Just checked the Tesla website uk after the price rise announcement yesterday. Model Y Prices in uk too have risen by another 2k and strangely the EDD for a new order seems to have been pulled back. Listing it as oct -Dec now as against Dec-feb seen earlier.
Now then ........SWMBO said "Thank goodness you stopped the faffing and ordered when did. That's 3k saved!".
She then went on to explain that she has seen a nice handbag which would go nicely with the Y!😢

that is a seriously quick order to collection, sooo jealous - enjoy! I ordered exactly a month before you and still nothing...
Nice to see they have made a few reds, including mine! On the drone footage of Shanghai, they are hardly noticeable in a sea of black and white.
Metaphorical use of "sea"; I don't know if they float!
Lord grant safe passage to all ships.🤞

Just checked the Tesla website uk after the price rise announcement yesterday. Model Y Prices in uk too have risen by another 2k and strangely the EDD for a new order seems to have been pulled back. Listing it as oct -Dec now as against Dec-feb seen earlier.

I know I keep bangin on about this but I am still worried they'll sting us Q2ers after 90days when our application expires. Not seen anything concrete to say we won't be charged the extra ammount when the agreement is renewed.

Others have said a soft search is done on renewal and they stick to the original ammount but still, not knowing for sure is uncomfortable to say the least.

Reactions: Pajo78
Please excuse me for going off piste with the following post but you, who have become my EDD Adventure Soul Mates, may not see the appropriate thread.

I visited a Wrap and PPF installer yesterday and learned about unwrapped edges which are..... "Totally normal and not a problem....."
So, I did a little research which suggests the contrary is possible. Again, with apologies for being off subject, here we go...

No way for the film to adhere again, once it's covered with dirt/debris and lifts off the paint. You'll need to take a razor and carefully score/remove that little strip of film. That's what I had to do with a few areas on my vehicle. Super easy, if you have a steady hand. For those who are not comfortable using/pressing a razor on the PPF and don't want to risk scratching the paint, I suppose you could try cleaning the film as much as possible and then applying an adhesion promoter to help the dirty film stick again.

As for removing dirt that has built up along the normal edges/seams, rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip and/or soft toothbrush has always worked for me.
OMG This sounds like a nightmare. I was just about to accept a quote for full PPF with unwrapped edges for my model Y. I really could not cope with these dirty edges of which you speak. I will either go for front end and front truck puls ceramic or just ceramic.

Now then.....SWMBE has just (quite reasonably) commented that "It might have been a good idea to do the research first". In my defence, the notion of edges, wrapped or otherwise did not occur to me until I visited an installer yesterday when that question popped, unbidden into my head. And the installer said they do not wrap edges, except for the front trunk but it will be perfectos close to the edge.

What the installer certainly did not say was: " Oh by the way, we use the machine cut Xpel without wrapped edges, except for the front trunk) and those edges will look like Sh.one.tee in about a year and you will spend every free moment with a toothbrush trying to clean them. And by the way, we will charge you £thousands for the privilege"

What the installer did say, however, is that the PPF is laid over the cameras?!? That might be good for protection but what about clarity; the PPF must reduce light to the lens...no!

I know I keep bangin' on about this but I am still worried they'll sting us Q2ers after 90days when our application expires. Not seen anything concrete to say we won't be charged the extra ammount when the agreement is renewed.

Others have said a soft search is done on renewal and they stick to the original ammount but still, not knowing for sure is uncomfortable to say the least.
As any who have read my posts may have deduced , I worry at olympic level (if there was a double gold, I would have it).

So, when the first £1K increase was announced I did some soft research and was calmed and confidant that Elon would not allow us to suffer EDD nightmares (due to causes and events beyond even his, almost, omnipotent control - there cannot be degrees of omnipotence -but moving on)
He would not compound our pain by shafting us for even more money.

At some level, I thought sh.one.tee happens and I would absorb that punch if I couldn't duck it. That confidence continues in the face of the additional £2K bump.
However, a slight concern simmers in that I have not received my final invoice yet......:eek::oops:

I know I keep bangin on about this but I am still worried they'll sting us Q2ers after 90days when our application expires. Not seen anything concrete to say we won't be charged the extra ammount when the agreement is renewed.

I will call up and check again today. I am sure we will be fine. It gets displayed as confirmed terms and highly unlikely that tesla will backtrack on this
C1FE8715-E98B-429C-B0FB-07792FBBA30F.jpeg

Please excuse me for going off piste with the following post but you, who have become my EDD Adventure Soul Mates, may not see the appropriate thread.

I visited a Wrap and PPF installer yesterday and learned about unwrapped edges which are..... "Totally normal and not a problem....."
So, I did a little research which suggests the contrary is possible. Again, with apologies for being off subject, here we go...

OMG This sounds like a nightmare. I was just about to accept a quote for full PPF with unwrapped edges for my model Y. I really could not cope with these dirty edges of which you speak. I will either go for front end and front truck puls ceramic or just ceramic.

Now then.....SWMBE has just (quite reasonably) commented that "It might have been a good idea to do the research first". In my defence, the notion of edges, wrapped or otherwise did not occur to me until I visited an installer yesterday when that question popped, unbidden into my head. And the installer said they do not wrap edges, except for the front trunk but it will be perfectos close to the edge.

What the installer certainly did not say was: " Oh by the way, we use the machine cut Xpel without wrapped edges, except for the front trunk) and those edges will look like Sh.one.tee in about a year and you will spend every free moment with a toothbrush trying to clean them. And by the way, we will charge you £thousands for the privilege"

What the installer did say, however, is that the PPF is laid over the cameras?!? That might be good for protection but what about clarity; the PPF must reduce light to the lens...no!
Thank you so much for this extremely helpful post. I think I will chance it without PPF and take insurance for dents and scratches. Then paint before handing car back after the 4 year lease

Same "boat"except 4.9% (7th March) No final invoice yet:oops:
From what your @WannabeOwner said, because we're PCP we may not get a final invoice. I had all the payment details, Tesla bank etc under the 'continue' button. I've just paid the remaining deposit this morning after doing the £10 deposit yesterday. Account now reading 'balance due £00.00