Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations everyone and thanks for sharing your experience. Reading & enjoying the comments as well as feeling happy as if my own D day - perhaps one of many other benefits of following TMC - very therapeutical given the circumstances ☺️

Now, for us who missed the boat this time around for one reason or another with initial EDDs around May and hoping some sort of activity in mid/late Q3, is it safe to assume month of July would continue to be a silent one?
Yes I think so. 4 day shutdown in Shanghai starts 1-July, reportedly followed by a 2 week upgrade of the production lines to boost capacity.
Therefore there won’t really be anything to export until about the third or fourth week of July at the earliest.
Then add 1 month at sea and you have a 72 plate car in September for the Q3 end.
See you there.

Yes I think so. 4 day shutdown in Shanghai starts 1-July, reportedly followed by a 2 week upgrade of the production lines to boost capacity.
Therefore there won’t really be anything to export until about the third or fourth week of July at the earliest.
Then add 1 month at sea and you have a 72 plate car in September for the Q3 end.
See you there.
I think so too…I guess the static current EDD for the last month (in my case) suggests this would be the case…however only a slim hope, there may well be a last minute surprise especially in early July due to scheduled, postponed but not collected deliveries- who knows 🤔

Collected from Manchester 29th. Few scratches noted on delivery which I will sort out during a service visit. Apart from that, the wait is worth it! Already done more than 200miles. I like the Enhanced AP too! Here’s pics with Rimetrix! Team Black# Good luck to everyone waiting. Totally worth it. This whole forum kept me sane and excited for the past 3-4 months.
CE52EFB6-9EBA-4BA9-95F8-226F210781D2.jpeg
A1D3BCEC-827C-457D-8D86-22A8CCFEF22D.jpeg

Attachments

• 8FEF475A-31A4-4347-83D9-C70496DCDB31.jpeg
    8FEF475A-31A4-4347-83D9-C70496DCDB31.jpeg
    946.2 KB · Views: 62
Collected from Manchester 29th. Few scratches noted on delivery which I will sort out during a service visit. Apart from that, the wait is worth it! Already done more than 200miles. I like the Enhanced AP too! Here’s pics with Rimetrix! Team Black# Good luck to everyone waiting. Totally worth it. This whole forum kept me sane and excited for the past 3-4 months.View attachment 823368View attachment 823369
Nice ride!!

OMG is that said “rigid plastic” - any chance you could take a few more pics from different angles of the rigid plastic? - what are chances of mine coming with the rigid plastic if my order arrives in August? and will the white interior have the same rigid plastic? - ps i heard a rumour that the MIG cars have ridgider rigid plastic than the MiC cars, could this be true?

thanks!
Sorry mate - I chucked it when I took it off the car. Best way I can describe it though is like removing one of those hard plastic mobile phone cases, you pull back the edges in the same way and it just pops off. Mirror looks much better without it.

Reactions: OliLondon
Collected from Manchester 29th. Few scratches noted on delivery which I will sort out during a service visit. Apart from that, the wait is worth it! Already done more than 200miles. I like the Enhanced AP too! Here’s pics with Rimetrix! Team Black# Good luck to everyone waiting. Totally worth it. This whole forum kept me sane and excited for the past 3-4 months.View attachment 823368View attachment 823369
Nice!!! Hows the black paintwork? Ive ordered black aswell

Reactions: ArunG
I've just got back after taking the kids out for a spin and dazzling them with the light show, the youth of today are seriously spoilt! They've declared it the best car they've ever been in which when you compare it with a 14 plate Kia and a Golf I guess it's not saying much.

Anyway, the good stuff from today:

- As a Tesla newbie the collection experience was a novelty and also really slick. Arriving in Staines, with planes flying in to Heathrow above, it felt like I was collecting my rental car on holiday.
- The attentiveness when I found faults (more on that in a second) was reassuring, they seemed to take everything seriously. I get the impression that might not have been the case if I was one of the 50 people booked in at 2pm however!
- Once the callibration was complete the trip back around the M25, with a brief stop at South Mimms for a charge, was effortless. I travel a lot with work, normally by train as it's usually not as knackering, however I can see me using the MY for work journeys from now on.

And the not so great stuff:

- There were some minor scratches in 4 places around the car
- The screws in the mud flaps were missing, easily fixable I'm guessing
- The rear screen had some odd scorch type markings along the bottom - image below. The team tried various cleaning products to try and remove it however they seemed a bit perplexed and said they'd never really seen anything like that before. They confirmed that if a service centre can't resolve then they will replace the glass. At this point I thought about declining the car however knowing that there'd be a 3 month wait and I'd taken a day out to collect it I thought the mechanics would likely be sound so it's still worth keeping.
- On the mechanics I noticed a slight vibration of the steering wheel at 65mph+ nothing earth shattering but enough to notice. I've noted it on the service report and will see what they say. I'll do some proper research in a bit however has anyone else experienced similar? I'm on 20s.

I've got a service request scheduled for a couple of weeks, which is frustrating as I wanted to get the ceramic coated sorted ASAP, especially as the black really shows the finger prints around the door.

View attachment 823204
Thanks for the update mate, you seem to be an exception as I don't think ive come across anyone pick ups yet with these sort of scratchings. Out of interest on the 20's how was the ride quality?

Tesla agreed to refund my train journey given the missed delivery.

Arrived at Southampton Port around 6:30pm and had the car within 20 minutes. Checked everything and found no faults.

Now parked-up at home behind the other EV, also in white!

View attachment 823203
Looks so nice in white & with the base wheels. Love the bigger wheels too & in another colour but this as standard is just pure 🤌🏽👌🏽

Congratulations everyone and thanks for sharing your experience. Reading & enjoying the comments as well as feeling happy as if my own D day - perhaps one of many other benefits of following TMC - very therapeutical given the circumstances ☺️

Now, for us who missed the boat this time around for one reason or another with initial EDDs around May and hoping some sort of activity in mid/late Q3, is it safe to assume month of July would continue to be a silent one?
I think so. Agent yesterday indicated no UK deliveries until Aug.

Same as you, enjoying seeing the updates from the collections as it helps builds the excitement and reinforces to me I've made the right decision with a MY

Collected yesterday from Southampton. The nearly an hour queue was a bit annoying, but worth it in the end. Really pleased with the car. No faults found, build quality is good. Looking forward to the fuel saving from no longer dailying my RS6 and keeping that for when I really want to have fun. Burt the Y is no slouch and in a blind and deafened test, you really wouldnt be able to feel much between them. Which really is testament to the 100% torque the Y delivers as soon as you want to go.

20220701_092524.jpg

Collected yesterday from Southampton. The nearly an hour queue was a bit annoying, but worth it in the end. Really pleased with the car. No faults found, build quality is good. Looking forward to the fuel saving from no longer dailying my RS6 and keeping that for when I really want to have fun. Burt the Y is no slouch and in a blind and deafened test, you really wouldnt be able to feel much between them. Which really is testament to the 100% torque the Y delivers as soon as you want to go.

View attachment 823378
That RS6 😍😍😍😍😍😍

This is probably a really stupid question but does anyone have suggestions for taking photos of swirl marks? I have them on the bottom of the doors on both sides of the car and light scratches on the rear quarter. Tesla service want photos but the marks are hidden by the reflections in the paint so look way less obvious than to the naked eye. Tesla aren't accepting the photos I have sent so far (eg as attached)

Attachments

• PXL_20220627_175833871.jpg
    PXL_20220627_175833871.jpg
    800.4 KB · Views: 48
Looks great! Nice to see some pictures of same black/white combo bar the wheels, that I have ordered.

Following the 1st shutdown in Shanghai I was kind of worried that the assembly line could be “rusty” once back in production and that further quality issues could pop up…I am glad to see recent experiences suggest otherwise.

On the same note, after the new shutdown and July capacity improvement, now back to the same concern - I hope these won’t cause any quality issues and they can maintain or even improve quality levels for future deliveries too…

Reactions: BATMOBILE786
This is probably a really stupid question but does anyone have suggestions for taking photos of swirl marks? I have them on the bottom of the doors on both sides of the car and light scratches on the rear quarter. Tesla service want photos but the marks are hidden by the reflections in the paint so look way less obvious than to the naked eye. Tesla aren't accepting the photos I have sent so far (eg as attached)
I’d try lighting them with an external light source at an angle that removes the reflections and no flash on camera.

Reactions: Morak