Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I arrived at almost 5pm for my 4pm slot so was in a bit of a panic, but swift service and a brief check of my driving license and RN details and my app updated straight away before I'd even walked away from the counter. Really impressed by that! Did a thorough walkaround of the car which sounds like it had arrived earlier that same day, so I'm still not sure which ship it would have been on (one of notification screens shows some movements on the 27th so I assume RCC Europe), I did ask but no one knew. But one stat they did say was that I was the 158th pick up of the day so far. There were a whole team of cleaners running around washing cars when they came off the transporters, not spotted any paint swirls just yet but going to take a closer look in the light today.

The car seems almost perfect, bubbles and dirt under the PPF as everyone seems to have had issues with. Also a scuff on one of my alloys, like a very mild kerbing. And I didn't get any mudflaps, either fitted or in the car at all. All logged and awaiting fixes next week.

54% battery on collection and 7 miles on the odometer.

Almost bashed the boot straight into a car park roof on the journey home - just managed to stop it in time though!

IMG_9965.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9994.jpg
    IMG_9994.jpg
    575.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9958.jpg
    IMG_9958.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9946.jpg
    IMG_9946.jpg
    741.7 KB · Views: 45
Well a few hours into ownership and I'm loving it. The technology is on a different level to my previous car (Golf R which I'm yet to sell!).

A few complications getting the app set up due to the way we ordered but all fine now. Ride is fairly firm on 20s but nothing I have an issue with.

Overnight charge with my Hypervolt went well too.

My only niggle is that the passenger seatbelt seems to be intent on knocking against the plastic trim and making an annoying rattle - will be as easy fix I assume with a bit of padding/felt or something?

Reactions: Toblerone
Thanks for the update mate, you seem to be an exception as I don't think ive come across anyone pick ups yet with these sort of scratchings. Out of interest on the 20's how was the ride quality?
No issues on main roads however it's a tad firm around the country lanes which causes the kids' car seats (they're both in booster type seats rather than a baby / toddler car seat) to move around a bit due to the fake leather like interior.

However, I'm pleased I went with style over comfort as I think the 20s look cracking on the black model.

Tesla.jpeg

For anyone wondering about the parcel shelf, it's a bit 'meh' if I'm honest, it feels like a flimsy bit of kit that will get marked and bend easily. I'm not concerned as the dog will be going in the boot once I've kitted it out properly so it's now at the back of the garage.

tesla boot.jpeg

Puddle lights, I went for the T and Tesla text

All weather mats

You can purchase these with a boot liner set also, I purchased them seperately at different times

Cup Holder

Multi port docking station

Black alloy covers to replace the ugly silver ones

Console Tray

Boot liner
With a few pics of cars with Rimetrix appearing after deliveries over the past few days, wondered how you got on with your alternative covers?

With a few pics of cars with Rimetrix appearing after deliveries over the past few days, wondered how you got on with your alternative covers?
Spotted yesterday that the Rimetrix covers are currently on promotion ( I think until 5 July). $259, reduced from $289. They don't look as good as the induction wheels but at least if they get scuffed should be relatively easy and cheap to replace...I saw a white MY with inductions in a car park earlier on...looked great apart from the major kerb rash on one wheel which shows very clearly against the black unfortunately ...I felt for the owner as I have been there with previous cars!!!

Spotted yesterday that the Rimetrix covers are currently on promotion ( I think until 5 July). $259, reduced from $289. They don't look as good as the induction wheels but at least if they get scuffed should be relatively easy and cheap to replace...I saw a white MY with inductions in a car park earlier on...looked great apart from the major kerb rash on one wheel which shows very clearly against the black unfortunately ...I felt for the owner as I have been there with previous cars!!!
I'm tempted by these but can't work out if you get 4 identical covers, or are they directional, 2 for the left and 2 for the right? If it's the former then I think I'd always be annoyed one side of the car looks wrong!

No issues on main roads however it's a tad firm around the country lanes which causes the kids' car seats (they're both in booster type seats rather than a baby / toddler car seat) to move around a bit due to the fake leather like interior.

However, I'm pleased I went with style over comfort as I think the 20s look cracking on the black model.

View attachment 823394

For anyone wondering about the parcel shelf, it's a bit 'meh' if I'm honest, it feels like a flimsy bit of kit that will get marked and bend easily. I'm not concerned as the dog will be going in the boot once I've kitted it out properly so it's now at the back of the garage.

View attachment 823395
Looks stunning!! Same as my spec and I was constantly debating 19's v 20's, ride / range v it looks so nice. Happy in my choice. Im sure there's seat covers for car seats, not sure if they do anything apart from protect the seats but may grip the booster seats abit. Thanks for the update

Reactions: Dpirlo
I arrived at almost 5pm for my 4pm slot so was in a bit of a panic, but swift service and a brief check of my driving license and RN details and my app updated straight away before I'd even walked away from the counter. Really impressed by that! Did a thorough walkaround of the car which sounds like it had arrived earlier that same day, so I'm still not sure which ship it would have been on (one of notification screens shows some movements on the 27th so I assume RCC Europe), I did ask but no one knew. But one stat they did say was that I was the 158th pick up of the day so far. There were a whole team of cleaners running around washing cars when they came off the transporters, not spotted any paint swirls just yet but going to take a closer look in the light today.

The car seems almost perfect, bubbles and dirt under the PPF as everyone seems to have had issues with. Also a scuff on one of my alloys, like a very mild kerbing. And I didn't get any mudflaps, either fitted or in the car at all. All logged and awaiting fixes next week.

54% battery on collection and 7 miles on the odometer.

Almost bashed the boot straight into a car park roof on the journey home - just managed to stop it in time though!

View attachment 823412
Looking fab. Having been there on 29 June at 9am, I am most amazed at the empty lot. It was brimming full when we were there and several transport trucks were streaming in during the 45 minutes we were there.

View attachment 823394

View attachment 823395
I must admit, that black on black on black looks SICK!

I much prefer the look with the black interior as well as it just gives it that better overall look. When you can see the white seats popping out from the window, to me personally, I just think it doesn't look as good. The black interior just makes it look all round a stealthy, s3xy car.

I must admit, that black on black on black looks SICK!

I much prefer the look with the black interior as well as it just gives it that better overall look. When you can see the white seats popping out from the window, to me personally, I just think it doesn't look as good. The black interior just makes it look all round a stealthy, s3xy car.
I agree around the white interior, never been a fan but personnal preference I suppose. Im a little bias as I have come from a line of black edition Audi's and love that combo

View attachment 823394

View attachment 823395
That looks awesome in black with the 20s!

Anyone else's EDD just narrowed? I have gone from 11 Sept- some time mid Oct to 5-30 Sept. Ordered 24 April entry level spec. I know that EDD's need to be taken with a pinch of salt but the latest update appears to be more realistic in terms of not straddling 2 different quarters

Anyone else's EDD just narrowed? I have gone from 11 Sept- some time mid Oct to 5-30 Sept. Ordered 24 April entry level spec. I know that EDD's need to be taken with a pinch of salt but the latest update appears to be more realistic in terms of not straddling 2 different quarters
Mines just been pushed back from September 20 - November 5 to November 21 - January 5…

• Love
Reactions: Toblerone
October was always dubious as it’s the first month in the quarter, if they can deliver in Sept they will otherwise they’d pretty much not both trying.