Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, yeah, if you look 2 posts up you'll see I was being dim 😆
Yeah my bad, hopium has turned into hysterium on the forum, now we're joshing each other about bloody VIN numbers!

In all seriousness though, I think the consensus is that, based on some notable EV testers saying the German made Y's have better suspension than those coming out of Shanghai, there's speculation that the newer batches of Y coming out of Shanghai got the same. I don't think any post-Shanghai upgrade deliveries have been delivered in the UK. The speculation is fueled by the ones delivered in Aus where, subjectively, some have commented that the suspension "feels better" (mind you, I don't think those models had parcel shelves so how could they get better suspension but no parcel shelf?? Who knows!).

It's not even known whether the Shanghai factory upgrade was for any parts related to the car, it could've been purely down to increased production ramp (which we know for sure took place). No one knows for sure but it sure does make for good bantz to us who have been on edge for months!

Summary from last Wednesday when people got delivery msgs:-

Quick summary (with assumption that Glovis Companion is the carrier)

06 Aug (20:11 UTC) - Ship departs Shanghai
09 Aug (15:30 UTC) - Hidden VINs start appearing
17 Aug (11:30 UTC) - Texts confirming Delivery dates start coming (08 Sep to 20 Sep) [ship 6 days to Suez]
Thanks! I was also wondering this, need to figure out timings so this is very helpful.

Reactions: nscar
I had to call them up, then email them to the agent. It’s a faff, but that’s how you do it.
Ok, I've just spoken to Suzette at Tesla and she cannot see any issues with my account and thinks Max missed that it's a business lease, so I am unable to complete the registration as the car will not be in my name. She is happy my account is in good order and there is nothing more to do.

It has to be said that although we do love to torture ourselves on this forum fighting over tiny scraps of information, the main flow has been excellent considering the global pressures. I ordered in May and was told September for delivery. It looks like they will (quite literally) deliver on that estimate.

Last edited:
Yeah my bad, hopium has turned into hysterium on the forum, now we're joshing each other about bloody VIN numbers!

In all seriousness though, I think the consensus is that, based on some notable EV testers saying the German made Y's have better suspension than those coming out of Shanghai, there's speculation that the newer batches of Y coming out of Shanghai got the same. I don't think any post-Shanghai upgrade deliveries have been delivered in the UK. The speculation is fueled by the ones delivered in Aus where, subjectively, some have commented that the suspension "feels better" (mind you, I don't think those models had parcel shelves so how could they get better suspension but no parcel shelf?? Who knows!).

It's not even known whether the Shanghai factory upgrade was for any parts related to the car, it could've been purely down to increased production ramp (which we know for sure took place). No one knows for sure but it sure does make for good bantz to us who have been on edge for months!
Haha, it is funny that in June we were all on hopium and now we jump at the smallest change we might have missed.

I agree that the suspension and ride is subjective anyway, it will just be brilliant to finally get our cars and find out for ourselves. I didn't find the ride too harsh on my test drive and I'm currently driving an Outlander PHEV, so it will be a bonus to get anything that handles (although the wifes UX is pretty good) :D

For anyone in a similar Situation as in, ordered through lease company or salary sacrifice scheme and had an initial block or hold that had to be removed to allow matching - I contacted Tesla via live chat today as I have seen order dates like mine 16th May or after get VIN notifications and narrowed delivery windows. Not to my surprise, the person said that my EDD is November and I will be notified by text when I get matched / VIN assigned.

I questioned how orders after my date were being assigned (knowing the allocation process is all over the place but I wanted to see what he was going to say) and after being originally told a few times that the hold / block that was eventually removed would not have a impact on my allocation slot he said that due to the hold / block your order has been delayed.

Don’t know whether that is a load of *sugar* or not but I know some other people have posted they had blocks or holds on their lease order.

For anyone in a similar Situation as in, ordered through lease company or salary sacrifice scheme and had an initial block or hold that had to be removed to allow matching - I contacted Tesla via live chat today as I have seen order dates like mine 16th May or after get VIN notifications and narrowed delivery windows. Not to my surprise, the person said that my EDD is November and I will be notified by text when I get matched / VIN assigned.

I questioned how orders after my date were being assigned (knowing the allocation process is all over the place but I wanted to see what he was going to say) and after being originally told a few times that the hold / block that was eventually removed would not have a impact on my allocation slot he said that due to the hold / block your order has been delayed.

Don’t know whether that is a load of *sugar* or not but I know some other people have posted they had blocks or holds on their lease order.
I saw someone earlier with a Black mid-May order that wasn’t matched yet, so it could just be that’s where the cutoff is.
Hopefully you are on the next ship.

Edit: it was @Dhene although they aren’t in the UK

Reactions: J81M
I saw someone earlier with a Black mid-May order that wasn’t matched yet, so it could just be that’s where the cutoff is.
Hopefully you are on the next ship.

Edit: it was @Dhene although they aren’t in the UK
May 13th EDD - no Vin match here. Seen some later than me matched and loads earlier, feels like I am at about the current cut off

Did get a text today for updated odometer reading on PX so 🤞

Damn, just checked the forum and then my source code to find an assigned VIN, get in there. I was really starting to lose faith in a September delivered.
MYLR, MSM, black, 19" ordered 14 April

Vin 446 and EDA 14 to 28 September.

Great news all round, congrats to everyone else
Ordered one day after you, same specs! one of the few 446's I've noticed. Most people seem to be 447/448

Reactions: Priceyrice