Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20220824-164629.png

Sweet! Bluewater.

Just got text from Tesla for home delivery on 28th September.
Standard spec.
Lease through Lex, brokered by Carparison. Have heard nothing from them yet since last update a couple of weeks ago stating Sept EDD.
RN 19th April.
EDD changed briefly to August in July but then swiftly back to Sept.
Thanks all for all the info on here as being a lease customer there’s not much I’ve been able to do apart from buy accessories and watch MY YouTube videos on repeat for 4 months!

The moved to Go Faster tariff is done active ready for the car to be delivered on the 13th Sep. Ahead of Fridays price cap announcement.

View attachment 844477
View attachment 844478
I am already with Octopus Energy and looked at switching, but then I saw the rates and nearly had a heart attack!

Currently fixed until next may with a standing charge of 23.89p and unit rate of 17.64p, so I’ll just charge in the middle of the day because I can 😂

Reactions: MattYLR
Delivery text and scheduled for the 27th in Stanes. Originally I was down as NEC before Stanes was an option, so interesting (and handy) they updated me to the closer pickup. I was only offered 27-29th (weekdays) so guess I’ll have to take a morning off work…

CarWow said to delay listing my current car until closer to the time as offers are only valid for a few days, not sure on Motorway.

Reactions: Toppyawe
Great, my dates fall on my holiday! Supposedly a 20 min wait to get to the reps on the phone - just one day to the right would be perfect!
Edit: Dates offered are 21-23 September from Staines (the location I didn't choose nor was allowed to change via chat yesterday).

I ordered 27th via Lex and got my match yesterday when I called Tesla - nothing from Lex and no text formally yet from Tesla. Not sure that helps or not!?
Just when I read yout reply I got a text from Tesla that delivery is happening on 27-Sep. So maybe it helped :) No other info though about a vin and nothing from Lex (albeit they probably process these updates manually on their end so it may take a while till the change appears in their system).

Great, my dates fall on my holiday! Supposedly a 20 min wait to get to the reps on the phone - just one day to the right would be perfect!
Edit: Dates offered are 21-23 September from Staines (the location I didn't choose nor was allowed to change via chat yesterday).
I’m 27th also from Stanes, would happily swap. Will call them now as I assume there is some flexibility if you ask.

Reactions: CAMYBL
Just when I read yout reply I got a text from Tesla that delivery is happening on 27-Sep. So maybe it helped :) No other info though about a vin and nothing from Lex (albeit they probably process these updates manually on their end so it may take a while till the change appears in their system).
I’m with Lex too and if my experience is anything to go by, you’ll hear from Tesla before you hear from Lex.

I got my delivery date on 17th August (for 15th Sept delivery) then text with VIN / Reg on 23rd Aug.

Hope this helps with timescales expectations.

Reactions: RutlandRider
I’m 27th also from Stanes, would happily swap. Will call them now as I assume there is some flexibility if you ask.
Just confirmed via phone - they've managed to book me in on the 24th and asked them to keep it at Staines to avoid any unnecessary confusion! After everything we've been through, an extra 25 min journey ain't nothing but a thang!

Wohooooo! Hidden VIN then delivery confirmed in the space of two days! Has it ever been known to happen that quick!?

Seeing how there has been so much movement recently I just emailed my local showroom on the off chance they could help (As I no longer have access to EDD) and had the following confirmation almost immediately:

----------

I hope you are well - thank you for your e-mail.

From what I can see, your order has been matched to a VIN and could be scheduled for delivery around the 3rd Week in September.

Please do not take this as official confirmation - this will be confirmed in more detail via your lease company and via SMS from Tesla as we venture into September.

Kind Regards,

Tesla Chelmsford Team

--------

So now I just need to fret about whether the car is delivered straight to me, or delivered to Zenith first so they can velcro a branded emergency kit in the boot! Even though good things are worth waiting for, if its the latter it will be really frustrating having to wait a few extra days!!!

On a side note, I was on the M3 northbound earlier and saw a transporter full of Y's and 3s. Mainly Midnight SIlver. Has a boat already arrived? Lucky for some!!

Blue / Black / 19s
RN received 5th May

Just had the delivery text!!! Only got a hidden VIN yesterday!!!!!

I’m with Lex too and if my experience is anything to go by, you’ll hear from Tesla before you hear from Lex.

I got my delivery date on 17th August (for 15th Sept delivery) then text with VIN / Reg on 23rd Aug.

Hope this helps with timescales expectations.
Thanks. It's good to know that between now and the excruciatingly long 4 weeks until delivery day, I have one more stage to look forward to in form of a VIN and reg#.