Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the feeling mate, had to call ALD and have a mini-moan about it, lo

I got my reg number last week but it's not recognised yet by any insurer databases so I can't proceed with my (extortionate) quote yet. Does anybody know how long it takes to filter through to the insurers?
Tesla only register the vehicle with the DVLA on collection.

Sorry to ask again, but still unclear and I was going to visit Tesla Tewin, which was a pop up and local showroom, but they do not seem to be there now. What is the latest I should leave it before paying cash in full as my notfication only states "

"Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery"​

thanks guys.

Is it just missing from https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders ?
that's what mine has done, if use the API or view the source on the order page its still there, just missing from that one link.
Thanks - had completely forgotten about the source code VIN! Same behaviour here - gone from the API endpoint, but in the source in my Tesla account 😌. No delivery text or invoice with VIN yet, but hopefully that will come soon.

The account page has changed to requesting payment - I’ll send a test payment, but they’re not getting any more until there’s a confirmed delivery date!

Sorry to ask again, but still unclear and I was going to visit Tesla Tewin, which was a pop up and local showroom, but they do not seem to be there now. What is the latest I should leave it before paying cash in full as my notfication only states "

"Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery"​

thanks guys.
From reading here I would say no later than 7-days before delivery.
However in exceptional circumstances you can take proof of payment with you / speak to Tesla and they will check and mark the car for release.
Bear in mind that if you have a large amount to pay there may be limits on your online bank transfers so it could take several days/payments to pay the full amount.

Reactions: QuanTim
From reading here I would say no later than 7-days before delivery.
However in exceptional circumstances you can take proof of payment with you / speak to Tesla and they will check and mark the car for release.
Bear in mind that if you have a large amount to pay there may be limits on your online bank transfers so it could take several days/payments to pay the full amount.
Cool thanks, I will double check with my bank. I think we have been on this journey together, it will be strange taking delivery in three weeks after the wait.:D I am collecting from Staines on the 24th @ midday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toblerone
Try Flow - owned by LV but cheaper. Wouldn't touch the Admiral cowboys no matter how cheap...
Thought I would follow up on this - I spoke with LV this morning, we have 3 cars on the policy - and the quote I now have the for the MY is £500, which I'm more than happy about. We also have an electric Fiat 500 on there and a older car for one of the kids..... don't know how the discount works, but in case it helps others, the phone call was 250 cheaper than the meerkats...

Reactions: Human_ and robmcm
Any Sunrise deliveries got their reg yet? I have delivery on the 27th and was expecting the text earlier in the week.
I ordered my car through a salary sacrifice scheme (Ogilvie) on May 6th. Received a text from Tesla a couple of weeks ago to confirm home delivery on the 27th.

Yesterday Ogilvie mailed with my reg and VIN:

BK72 & VIN 448

So assuming it’s a Sunrise car.

Can’t wait !

Model Y white/black Gemini wheels.

Me seeing other people getting reg numbers while waiting for mine :)
1662110682514.gif