Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m quite new to this forum so have a question.

I’m picking up a model Y on friday.

What things should i check for? General look around the bodywork i’m ok with

Is there certain things in the car that i need to check?

Seems to be some charging cables, parcel shelf (?!), and medical kit?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Bunch of useful links at @Frizzy 's Linktree - TeslaUpdate | Linktree

From there, Tesla Prep is a very comprehensive checklist.

You will have a UMC, a Mennekes public charging cable and a Roadside Safety Kit. And a parcel shelf :rolleyes:

You will have a UMC, a Mennekes public charging cable and a Roadside Safety Kit. And a parcel shelf :rolleyes:
And carpet mats, towing eye, front mud flaps, rear door arch PPF (grit/bubbles optional), glovebox usb stick.

There can’t be anything else they can forget to include / stick on, until they remove steering wheel stalks.

But honestly I’ve not seen anyone report any of these missing. So I don’t think it really happens outside of speculation in these forums.

Attachments

• 26056138-BFE6-428F-8405-18ACC96FDE7B.jpeg
    26056138-BFE6-428F-8405-18ACC96FDE7B.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 91
Well, I took the plunge and ordered so just want to say thank you to everyone for their advice and guidance earlier this week, which was much appreciated. The app says December delivery so I am really hoping that will slip until new year and I can then put off delivery until March (I am the only person trying to extend delivery time here?).

Went for white externals in the order as I can then change it MSM later on and maybe that will cause a delay!

How do you get these alerts if you don’t mind me asking?

I was wondering that too!
You sign up for them on the Tesla-info website.

There have been a couple of other cars come up since at similar prices. If you were prepared to move quickly you’d have got a bargain, although all of them seem to be from the first batch into the country built back in January, but still cheaper than any used cars on the market.

Reactions: BigMeikle
You sign up for them on the Tesla-info website.

There have been a couple of other cars come up since at similar prices. If you were prepared to move quickly you’d have got a bargain, although all of them seem to be from the first batch into the country built back in January, but still cheaper than any used cars on the market.
Thanks very much. I’ve signed up. Have a Y coming in November but always looking for a bargain!

Similar to some others, my EDD has come forward today.... Details are:-

Model Y LR Pearl white/black 19in Gemini wheels
Ordered 8 August 22 EDD forecast Sep 22 - Jan 23
21 Aug EDD updated to Sep 22 - Sep 30 (that seemed unlikely - how can Tesla make such improbably forecasts?)
28 Aug EDD Nov 11 - Jan 5
22 Sep EDD Nov 14 - Dec 21
29 Sep EDD Nov 15 - Dec 1

So lead times do seem to be shortening a little....

Thanks to everyone for the information in these posts - very helpful - and entertaining!

She is finally here. Just a thanks to all for the info over the last 5 months which has felt like a lot longer. I’ll just echo what everyone else has said and maybe do a longer sum up in the Q3 deliveries page but a couple of observations…

So fast.

Is the steering wheel a bit smaller!? #Q3changesrumours

Attachments

• ED2A183A-CA8C-47FD-A952-5B8D9C90CCF5.jpeg
    ED2A183A-CA8C-47FD-A952-5B8D9C90CCF5.jpeg
    433.8 KB · Views: 54
She is finally here. Just a thanks to all for the info over the last 5 months which has felt like a lot longer. I’ll just echo what everyone else has said and maybe do a longer sum up in the Q3 deliveries page but a couple of observations…

So fast.

Is the steering wheel a bit smaller!? #Q3changesrumours
Really good seeing so many people get to the end of their waits! Enjoy your car!

I have gone for White with 20’ Wheels which is common so potentially! Be interesting to see if White and Black models have an earlier EDD than others.
When I first looked a couple of months ago the white/black with 20" had a couple of months delivery. Now the only real difference on the website is if you add a tow.

I've gone for grey with tow just waiting on confirmation from the lease company then I guess I'll get tracking information

Reactions: CP91