Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These look to be more P delivery dates? Unless there are mega loads of LR orders. But the Tesla website still says early 2022
Trouble is that orders through a leasing company mean you are at their mercy as the relationship is between Tesla and the lease co, so you don't get direct access to Tesla Customer Services.

I too was wondering whether there is confusion around MYP and MYLR - if they honour the rate quoted, I will happily wait for a P!

I ordered at about 10.30 am on the 15th - I've been keeping myself amused by watching RSYMONS and Bjorn vids on youtube but have pretty much exhausted that vein of entertainment. We also have 10000 miles in an ID4 under our belts so it will be interesting to compare.

Reactions: drewpost
where on the tesla website do you see your ETA?

Website is still quoting "Early 2022" if you try to do an order.
Im afraid you answered your own question there. Which does not correlate well with the OP's situation. Hence why I mentioned, someone must know something we dont, case in point. Different circumstances, would be my guess.

It’s an interesting point. If wait times for a LR are now within the window for a P, some might want to switch. Seems to far fewer P orders v LR. Some may of gone for a LR so they get it quicker.
Its normally the other way. Top of the range first and so on as to maximise profits. Personally, as much as I would like a P for bragging rights, a model 3 sr+ has exceeded expectations coming from a very long range of performance vehicles.

I just ordered MY LR white with 20” wheels. Going to review as time goes on , which plant does it come from. What battery size etc! Will delay order slightly if it works in my favour to do so.
Currently have a M3 SR + Nov 19 34k miles which I plan to sell

Interesting comments ref. first UK deliveries of Model Y on the 2021 shipping movements thread yesterday:

Talking to a Tesla Ranger today, who is normally based at Winchester, but also supports the Southampton docks team, he told me that they are pushing 600 cars a day through the pdi process, using 14 technicians working a 12 hour day, 6 days a week, and that this will continue until the end of the month.
The first UK Model Ys from China will arrive on either the 1st or second ship in 2022. He has had no information about the deliveries of Model Ys from Germany but did wonder if they would come by train.

I’ve ordered a MY LR through Tusker in the last couple of weeks. Before ordering they were quoting 22 weeks, now they’re saying early January which can’t be right?!
Also, any idea when it’ll be added to the EVHS?

Looking for some advice. I placed my MY order at 9am on the 15th of October for White/White.
However, after some talks back and forward with my partner I'm looking to swap the paint to either Blue or Red. I currently car-less having just sold my M3, and don't want to be pushed back to a May/June delivery date if I can avoid it.

It's not clear, if pre-production and pre-shipping if changing my order online will keep my position in the queue relative or put me at the back of the Blue/White or Red/White spec queues? Any advice would be appreciated!

It's not clear, if pre-production and pre-shipping if changing my order online will keep my position in the queue relative or put me at the back of the Blue/White or Red/White spec queues? Any advice would be appreciated!
Tesla don't build to order so you don't have a manufacturing slot to lose. But you would be in a queue for the specification you originally chose, it's just a question of whether you would fall to the back of the new queue or push in somewhere - based on how Tesla seem to work you would go to the back of the new specification queue.

What we don't know is how many pre-orders there have been and therefore how much of a difference it would actually make. The delivery estimate is still early 2022 for new order today so there is nothing to suggest you would have to wait until June.

Interesting comments ref. first UK deliveries of Model Y on the 2021 shipping movements thread yesterday:

Talking to a Tesla Ranger today, who is normally based at Winchester, but also supports the Southampton docks team, he told me that they are pushing 600 cars a day through the pdi process, using 14 technicians working a 12 hour day, 6 days a week, and that this will continue until the end of the month.
The first UK Model Ys from China will arrive on either the 1st or second ship in 2022. He has had no information about the deliveries of Model Ys from Germany but did wonder if they would come by train.
Wow...... so they DO have a PDI process! who knew.
Mind you that's about 10 minutes per car in reality, is that long enough if you know what you are doing?
Good luck though to the person who gets the last car at the end of a 12 hour shift!
Do you think there are also 600 cars go through on the 7th day when no one is working?

Early Jan/Feb deliveries also supported by someone who went to see the Y in Westfields.

Attachments

• 9330ECCD-1322-45A3-8D98-E1E878E9F045.png
    9330ECCD-1322-45A3-8D98-E1E878E9F045.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
Given Teslas history of shipping RHD quarter end I'd be surprised if Jan deliveries were possible. They'd have to actually be built and be on a boat now or very soon?

The shipping movement thread states

This means that in Q1 the last ship will leave for Europe no later than around 26 Feb in order to allow for a 3 week transit to Zeebrugge and then a hectic delivery push in the last 10 days or so of March. It is logical then in early January to expect to see a large number of RHD models for the UK market to be clogging the production lines.

Looking at the shipping thread it seems to take 5-6 weeks from shipping to delivery/ pick up.

Even though i want the MY as soon as possible, I hope my MY is shipped mid Jan 2022 so that it arrives ready for delivery start of March for the new Reg. Not sure what i'd do if it was shipped earlier and became due for delivery mid February 2022 only having a couple of weeks before the reg plate change.

Looking for some advice. I placed my MY order at 9am on the 15th of October for White/White.
However, after some talks back and forward with my partner I'm looking to swap the paint to either Blue or Red.

I don't know if there has been a price adjustment since you ordered, but be aware that a spec change will result in the whole order being repriced at current book value.

Reactions: Arran