Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that may be a little bit more complicated as they have to change the motherboard (I am guessing). On PC the Intel motherboard are not compatible at all with AMD processors.

The MCU will be interchangeable and its that part which will get swapped, tesla is an old hand at putting in different parts for the same job and making sure they are all logged and registered din the car for the right software etc.

They wont be swapping boards or chips on the line just whatever package is available.

But saying that I dont think Shanghai has any of the old intel mcu's left.

It'll be a different part not just a CPU swap.. no reason that couldn't be plug compatible..

Then again, it's all robots. They just follow the Intel or AMD script and a car pops out of the end.

I wouldn't be comfortable ordering now until I'd started to see consistent (or at least majority) AMD on newly delivered cars. If a bunch of people start getting theirs early March then we'll be able to get a good sampling on here.

It'll be a different part not just a CPU swap.. no reason that couldn't be plug compatible..

Then again, it's all robots. They just follow the Intel or AMD script and a car pops out of the end.

I wouldn't be comfortable ordering now until I'd started to see consistent (or at least majority) AMD on newly delivered cars. If a bunch of people start getting theirs early March then we'll be able to get a good sampling on here.
I have a Y on Oder and have had pre delivery email. Rang Tesla re pick up times and location. They were very helpful and said likely Mid -late feb collection and said that it would have the new AMD processor. Expecting the contract and pick up details in the next week or so 🤞

So we think AMD processors are likely. So what about the fabled parcel shelf? I know many are indifferent about this feature, but I’d prefer to have it for better noise insulation and security peace of mind.

Has anyone seen any details on the parcel shelf since that supposed leak back in November?
Well it’s in the U.K. manual as coming with one so I expect one now

Well it’s in the U.K. manual as coming with one so I expect one now
Funny, one of the Tesla guys at Thorpe Park told me the RADAR sensor no longer installed, but the EU owners manual lists it.

That’s probably a case of them getting confused by news in the US.

Intriguingly the shelf description of operation doesn’t sound like a floppy roll up cover as I think you have push it to retract. Maybe semi rigid like a roller shutter?

Parcel shelf confirmed! Whoop!

Attachments

• CEDB05FC-33FC-4CD2-B1EC-92D17BC43572.png
    CEDB05FC-33FC-4CD2-B1EC-92D17BC43572.png
    402.3 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Stuart1979
The online Manual has also been updated to reference a ‘Structural Battery Pack’ in the Model Y 👀

What are the chances that they’ve implemented it before the new batteries. Could the increased range be related?

Attachments

• CE4DDC39-939E-4C3F-A76D-619FF04BBA0E.png
    CE4DDC39-939E-4C3F-A76D-619FF04BBA0E.png
    837.2 KB · Views: 88
I
I hate the old aero 18" trims, but I actually really like the 19" geminis! Rimetrix (in the US) do a replacement cover that effectively gives you a 20" wheel and given the external tyre dimension is identical it means (hopefully) more comfort with larger wheel look.. But that said I'm not a massive fan of black wheels despite it being the current trend.
I looked Rimetrix, good option for a better looking wheel cover if you stick with the 19's but don't like the look of the Gemini covers. They are a bit expensive for a set of wheel trims, not sure they ship to the UK as standard but if they do be aware of custom's duty on delivery which will increase the price even more. Make sure you get buy the foam protection that goes inside the trim cover (its an additional cost option) to stop it from damaging the edge of the alloy when it rubs against it (as it goes over the entire alloy covering the lip). Some Model 3 owners reported that it was like having their wheels kerbed when the Rimetrix cover vibrated against the alloy as its fitment to the alloy is slightly different to the Gemini's and relies on the centre cap to secure it tightly over clips all round.

The increase of range is a nice surprise.

Hopefully it will be rolled out to all MYs coming to the UK now. This probably is a result of the larger battery.

Was this not the range the HK vehicles had? I seem to remember they showed slightly longer range than what the UK website initially listed.

It could be either a larger 82kWh battery from Shanghai, or more efficient lighter body from Germany with front as well as rear casting.

Or both.
Both the RHD Test Drive Model Y's in Manchester have 82kWh batteries.
After Test Drive :: 367 wh/mi X 166 mile range estimate = 60922 wh / 78 (for percent) = 781 X 100 ( for percent) = 78.1kWh usable, so a little deg, down from 79kWh. This same approach shows my Model 3 has 71kWh remaining.

Reactions: drewpost and jlz78