Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text: "Tesla Update - Your Model Y is ready to be scheduled at our unique delivery event on Saturday, 19 February at Horizon Cruise Terminal, Southampton!" and a chance to choose a timeslot. Not on my doorstep really (I'm in SW London...)
Just received my text as well. I chose Reading as my pick up location originally. Looks like they want to offload directly from the ships.😋

I've got a theory...
The theory I've read somewhere is that it's just about random allocation of the first limited batches (not just MY here). Which doesn't make sense as being fair, but could arise in certain scenarios. Let's assume the batch is a random composition of colour, interior, wheels (is EA just a software package?). Then depending on logistics, and regional queues in EACH of these combinations, we may have allocations which would not seem well aligned to order timing. That said, don't see any excuse those who ordered very early are not allocated, unless they have a particularly uncommon design or remote location

1642615194286.png

£54k and I have to go two hours from London?
These people think we are a bunch of teenagers that spend the night out of an Apple store for the new iPhone.
What do you guys think might happen here if somebody does not care to go to Southampton
It's nuts. Not only will there be a 2+ hour train ride for me (can't drive there if one's going alone obviously) but I'm sure that the wait times and general hanging around to get things done once at the port, will be crazy because of the large numbers being delivered on the same day.

There goes an entire day.

Reactions: roadcred
What date @RGZoro ? Getting it via a lease Co. here so trying to piece the story together north of the border before asking them what the score is.
The 17th. The only available times though on that day are 11am and 11:30am. Middle of the work day so I am not sure who they are expecting to make it to that. My American sensibilities makes the distance a non-issue but the time is absurd.