Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I waited a little over a week for a trade in valuation. Decided not to accept the trade in offer (was a little less than WBAC but not unreasonable) and then my VIN was assigned a day or two later. Midnight Silver, white interior, 20” inductions, delivery estimate 26th Feb - 12th March, collecting from Bluewater. Ordered late Nov.

i have a delivery date, but where do I find if I have a VIN assigned? Sorry, bet this has been asked a million times already
1644153349516.png

Reactions: Tameautumn
Sorry another basic question my account still has prepare for delivery unchecked as I’m awaiting the trade in. People say that trade ins don’t impact getting a VIN but has anyone only had the Order state checked and got a VIN?
No I don’t think it does. While waiting for the tradein valuation the html source code for your order may not contain the block of code where the VIN is declared. You can’t draw any conclusions about the actual state of your account from this.

I had a VIN and confirmed collection date then decided to tradein. For a while the VIN (and the enclosing block of code) wasn’t in the html, but the same VIN came back after the final valuation arrived.

I tried different websites to quote for the insurance, the price is crazy like minimum £1700+.
Is that normal? My current insurance with MG ZS EV(£28000 worth) is around £700.
I am finding the same thing. I have gone from £300 for an XC90 to a £1000.

It appears there are not many insurance companies quoting for MY insurance.

I spoke to LV this morning as MY is not on their system. The person I spoke with was unable to tell me when MY would be on their system.

I believe I am getting my car between 2/3/22 to 16/3/22 and will wait until closer to this date when searching for insurance... hopefully, we will have the registration details and other companies offering insurance by then.

Reactions: haohaohao
Sorry another basic question my account still has prepare for delivery unchecked as I’m awaiting the trade in. People say that trade ins don’t impact getting a VIN but has anyone only had the Order state checked and got a VIN?
I hit accept on both my trade in and financing this afternoon. Once I'd confirmed everything, I was sent to a page with the vin in the source code and "Estimated Delivery: March 03 - March 17". So I think the answer is, you have your place on the queue and it is revealed to you when you have confirmed financing.

How that helps?