Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is a very good point. I did that research before buying mine. That vibration/scuffing was there in the early versions of the M3 aero covers. Then they introduced the tape (which I think was done by someone and eventually Rimetrix themselves started supplying that) and the MY cover are snug.
You will have to keep on top of it, the foam/tape deteriorates and will crumble over time, this then will start to trap water under the wheel cover, plus the clips and centre piece that hold it to the wheel will rub against the alloy scuffing it overtime (and every time you remove it off and on to clean the alloy wheel behind it as all the brake dust will have baked on to it you will have scuff lines where the clip meets the wheel). I'd inspect it every few washes and keep spare foam/tape inserts to hand to replace as when needed.

Any body found a bike rack that fits to the tow bar connection but doesn’t need this?

Attachments

• 51B29330-08B1-4C3B-979E-3C8D272C1F4C.png
    51B29330-08B1-4C3B-979E-3C8D272C1F4C.png
    514.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Funny
Reactions: Pandinium
Trust me in person the 19's next to set of 20's look smaller, in this profile pic its harder to see due to the angle. Take the wheel covers off and expose the alloy underneath even more so. If you were to spray or powder coat the alloy black it masks it to some degree. Have a comparison on delivery day, its noticeable.
As above I was at Duxford on Wednesday so saw 40 Ys side by side.... I didn't really notice it. I suppose if it is noticeable it will only be when you're parked next to one (or in your mind!).

Anyone else show this in the Tesla app despite having a delivery date showing underneath? I also still can’t find a VIN and my account says a contract is still being drafted.

“We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration”

I'm supposing you got this statement after you ordered. Perhaps the underneath date should have the caveat : or whenever!

Definitely noticeable. The 19's look a bit too small due to the size of the car. It is all personal preference though
Yes very much a personal preference. At the end of the day the tyre diameter is exactly the same for both wheels i.e. 28 inches, so when it appears to look smaller you are only talking about the rims. Therefore, if in both circumstances you were to have a black rim, you probably wouldn't notice.

Reactions: duncans and Zanbar