Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does any one know if the interior of the Car can be changed at a later point in time by Tesla ? I went for Midnight Grey with default black. Now seeing the videos and assurances given by people that white is not nearly as bad to maintain and clean as it seems. I have a 1 year old so I went for black. White looks out of this world. Gives the car that expensive royal feel.
Me and my Missus are now having major regrets.
:(
With a 1 yo - you made the right choice in my opinion. Also, black is really nice. I have a 10 yo and a husband (which is worse than a toddler) so definitely black but in all truth, I wouldn't get the white even if nobody else used it. Looks fantastic.

Does any one know if the interior of the Car can be changed at a later point in time by Tesla ? I went for Midnight Grey with default black. Now seeing the videos and assurances given by people that white is not nearly as bad to maintain and clean as it seems. I have a 1 year old so I went for black. White looks out of this world. Gives the car that expensive royal feel.
My last car had a white interior and everytime I used it I had to consider if I had any dirt mud on me/my clothes, whether the bottom of the bag I wanted to put on the seat was clean etc. etc. Cleaning may not take long but I didn't like having to do it regularly. I'm having some of the same regrets as you after seeing how good the white looks in other people's cars but also looking forward to having a car again where I don't have to consider if my shoes are muddy in case they brush the seat base getting in or out 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: RichardTheKing
Either way, we will love the car (and wheels) we choose.

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 13.31.44.png

One question I have is; why is the tyre pressure 50PSI when delivered???
All other low profiles I have ever owned it’s like 35PSI. Seems unusually high.
Anyone know?
I'm assuming they over inflated them for some reason connected with the way they've been shipped but I don't know.
However, a lot of Tesla owners do run stupidly high pressures and It's just about getting the most range usually.
There's generally a lack of understanding when it comes to tyre pressures, how they change with temperature, what over/under inflation means etc. etc. Some owners are running at over 50psi just to get a few more miles of range.
On our Model 3s we run 37-39psi usually for the road. The recommended pressure is 42 cold. YMMV

Reactions: Pete UK
If you mean can you swap out the interior for white, I highly doubt it, you could probably buy in separate and get someone to fit it but it will be in excess of the original £1k. If you want white and haven't got the car yet then change your order.

Reactions: Js1977
My last car had a white interior and everytime I used it I had to consider if I had any dirt mud on me/my clothes, whether the bottom of the bag I wanted to put on the seat was clean etc. etc. Cleaning may not take long but I didn't like having to do it regularly. I'm having some of the same regrets as you after seeing how good the white looks in other people's cars but also looking forward to having a car again where I don't have to consider if my shoes are muddy in case they brush the seat base getting in or out 🤷‍♂️
Yes indeed, this is why I did not go for white, I did not what to clean them every week etc.... Perhaps I am a little bit lazy but I do not want to spend my life cleaning everything all the time. In the house I have got a cleaning robot to do it for me😅😎😇
The white is very nice, but for that reason this is not for me

Reactions: roadcred and blert
I have been thinking about changing my order to the 20s induction tyres because people say they look nice. But I cannot get past the:

1. Worse performance
2. The ride not being so good
3. The additional cost
4. Michelin tyres and their side wall cracking issues. Experienced this problem many times and a simple search on Google highlights the problem many others have experienced.
5. Not going to get the money back when you sell the car in the future.

Therefore, in conclusion I can see no advantage in getting the 20s apart from some people think they look nice on essentially a family car - eye of the beholder.

I would be interested to hear of other people's opinions other than the 20s look nice to them?
Non of the above would worry me.
Performance is negligible, ride will be worse, but slightly, it design to be a sport hatch. Cost is relative, could add value over time, never had tyre issues...I went for 20"

Yes indeed, this is why I did not go for white, I did not what to clean them every week etc.... Perhaps I am a little bit lazy but I do not want to spend my life cleaning everything all the time. In the house I have got a cleaning robot to do it for me😅😎😇

I’ve had my white interior M3 for 14 months and have cleaned the seats twice. Wonder wipes get them back to new with minimal effort. We’ve got an 18 month old too…

My MY with a white interior is being delivered in two weeks.

If you don't change it you're always gonna regret. Make the change and accept the later delivery date 👍

Reactions: Ducati 996
I went for 19” mainly for practically. We live in London and our car is always being bumped up or squeezed against curbs. I bought a lovely set of 21” for my current car and my wife stopped wanting to drive it for fear of curbing a wheel (she and I both did…all of them). We decided this time around we didn’t want to worry about this on every journey, so went for the 19” with the replaceable covers.

I have been offered a pick up for 14 March for my MY. Great but I am not sure if the finance will be sorted in time/ other car sold. If I agree to a pick up date am I fully committed at that point or can I delay delivery between now the the 14th? Ideally I think I will be ready closer to the end March.

You remind me of my Mrs 🤣... We were on about new sofas the other day and discussing colour. I said another set of cream ones like we have since it goes nicely with the decor and gives the feeling of more space and airiness .... No she said...maybe black or brown as doesn't show dirt as much. I said you lazy cow...youre supposed to clean the dirt, not camouflage it!... we and the guests still have to sit on them!😅

She said the same with her first model 3... Black seats. I went adventurous and got her white seats on the new one... she now keeps some wipes just in case and said she would not have it any other way. Go figure 🧐

I’m in the same boat as @rubberduck (and a few others I think) but have a VIN allocated and the scheduler still doesn’t work. Here’s hoping it’s just waiting for next steps to be completed at Tesla’s end, rather than any significant delay. 🥴
Fingers crossed. I've got a VIN as well. That suggests that I've been allocated a car but who knows? @Dangerous Fish ?

Reactions: Helguson17