Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm Leasing mine. Simple for me, I'm having it as a Company car. We stopped Company cars when the tax became a joke, 1% BIK is a bit of a no brainer... The residuals are an unknown and although they are currently very high, where they are going to be in 4 years time is anyone's guess.
Ah ok, guess you have no choice if it’s company car. Loan or PCP is definitely better for personal, people are trading in 2 year old M3s for nearly what they paid for them 2 years ago! Yes it might not always be that good, but will definitely always work out better in the long term than a lease.

Because I don’t have the cash to buy the car outright, and PCP / Loan (with Tesla) is a lot more expensive. I’m also not concerned about owning the car.
PCP/loan isn’t more expensive, it works out massively cheaper in the long term, as you build up equity in the car which can then be released by selling or trading in the car.

Even mine which I’ve only had for 6 months has cost me under £400pm total.

I ordered on March 17th, collect tomorrow. Just lucky I guess
Indeed, very lucky! Where’s the pickup from and was the EDD always end of March? Do you have a PCP/PX? My PX is valid until May 17 so hope there’s no delays to the timeframe they’re showing now.

Too many questions but just trying to understand how Tesla’s allocation systems work! Such a puzzle that some folks are getting their cars in 2 weeks and others have months of waiting in the same city/country!

First post,

Currently awaiting MYLR which was delivery May 09-24 according to Tesla, any one with similar delivery times been given an actual date yet?
You won’t get an actual date until your car is on the ship and nearly here (unless you get matched to one that is already in the country). They take around a month to get here from the factory, so yours will likely be built in the coming weeks, depending on when the factory reopens of course.

You won’t get an actual date until your car is on the ship and nearly here (unless you get matched to one that is already in the country). They take around a month to get here from the factory, so yours will likely be built in the coming weeks, depending on when the factory reopens of course.
What factory builds UK models, is it Shanghai?

PCP/loan isn’t more expensive, it works out massively cheaper in the long term, as you build up equity in the car which can then be released by selling or trading in the car.

Even mine which I’ve only had for 6 months has cost me under £400pm total.
I do get what you're saying, and I've always used PCP in the past, but the current environment is very strange in the short-term (the X5 I'm part-exing is worth more than I paid for it 10 months ago) but (for me) the delta in payments between lease and PCP is just over £12k. Now, the balloon on the PCP at the end of 4 years does feel very low and it may be that the equity in the car is worth more than £12k over balloon at the end of the term and I'd lose out.

When I bought the X5 there was nothing in it in between the lease and PCP monthlies, and I've seen the benefit of the current market, so I get the argument for PCP over lease (especially with no road tax benefits on a BEV) but I guess what it comes down to here is lower upfront monthly costs vs. the added flexibility the PCP brings and the ability to benefit from any valuation uplift throughout the term or at the end. All that being said, if you're adding options to the car I'd say you'd be better off with PCP. We talked before about you taking the 20" wheel and seeing the benefit in residuals at the end, whereas I'd be paying £40pm for no real benefit thereby representing a true cost to me.

Ah ok, guess you have no choice if it’s company car. Loan or PCP is definitely better for personal, people are trading in 2 year old M3s for nearly what they paid for them 2 years ago! Yes it might not always be that good, but will definitely always work out better in the long term than a lease.
I'm Leasing it for 4 years. Having been burnt too many times on PCP's in the past, I thought I'd give leasing a go. I started off looking at the BMW i4 M50, which is a stunning car, but I just felt there were too many compromises and the monthly costs are bonkers. (BMW have slight supply chain issues I understand as their wiring looms are made in Ukraine) Delivery was 9 months, then really don't know... We test drove the Tesla and really enjoyed it, hence here I am.

Indeed, very lucky! Where’s the pickup from and was the EDD always end of March? Do you have a PCP/PX? My PX is valid until May 17 so hope there’s no delays to the timeframe they’re showing now.

Too many questions but just trying to understand how Tesla’s allocation systems work! Such a puzzle that some folks are getting their cars in 2 weeks and others have months of waiting in the same city/country!
Collecting from Trafford Centre. My SA from Stockport got me a cancellation 3hrs after ordering. I do have a px which has covered £49k of the price that I only paid £48.5k for over 6 months ago, I just sent the remaining £6k

I did look at the residuals, I'll put about 15k a year on it so in 4 years it will have about 60,000 miles on it. The projection for Telsas with 36k miles 3 years old is the they will loose about 40% of their value. How additional mileage will affect that, I'm not sure. (It is certainly true that the Model 3 is the least deprecating car in the Tesla range.) With what the lease payments are costing, I am basically paying the depreciation.

I have an email….prob know more than they do
AACBF482-1462-48A2-BCCA-32F787DEF4C9.png

Reactions: xtattsbox