Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No other manufacturer will give you anything. The key is to stop looking. Tesla will notify you when your car is close to delivery. If you want more certainty of a cars availability, then buy used.
I understand that you have to wait for the car to be manufactured, but you don't give a deadline and then change it several times. In my opinion this is disrespectful to the customer

• Funny
Reactions: Arran and ACarneiro
I understand that you have to wait for the car to be manufactured, but you don't give a deadline and then change it several times. In my opinion this is disrespectful to the customer

To be honest I’d say the impact of a Covid lockdown in Shanghai is a factor that Tesla can hardly be expected to predict. That plus the known supply issues with electronic chips / components makes accurate predictions of delivery times a bit of a lottery. And from what I’m seeing, Tesla’s supply chain and delivery times are better than most other EV vendors.

I don’t recall the estimated delivery date of my 2019 M3 moving at all, so in my experience, the current issues are definitely making the delivery times more unpredictable than ever. I would add though that Tesla’s communication through the process could be better ie. A phone call or email to explain why delivery dates move wouldn‘t change the outcome but would be more customer friendly.

his company is ridiculous with these changes in delivery dates

"You must be new here" applies, I'm afraid.

Tesla do no make-to-order. Companies that do that can allocate you a slot on the production line, and thus it will happen on the scheduled date (except for force majeure)

Tesla makes a bunch of cars of each combination. The original delivery date is for the generic car you are ordering. Once the cars are on a boat and heading for the UK then you are allocated one (i..e you get a VIN number at that point). Until then its a broad estimate. Of course COVID in Shanghai has kyboshed all production ... I'm amazed there appear to be cars coming to UK at all this quarter - the timing of the Shanghai lockdown pretty much spanned the period for UK production, for this quarter, in China.

You can either follow all the threads here, try to work out which ship your car is on, and then track its motion across the high seas ... or just ignore all that and wait for a text/email asking you to do something - such as complete trade-in info or confirm collection date.

If you absolutely need a fixed date for a car - e.g. when your current Lease expires - then Tesla is not the solution.

To be honest I’d say the impact of a Covid lockdown in Shanghai is a factor that Tesla can hardly be expected to predict. That plus the known supply issues with electronic chips / components makes accurate predictions of delivery times a bit of a lottery. And from what I’m seeing, Tesla’s supply chain and delivery times are better than most other EV vendors.

I don’t recall the estimated delivery date of my 2019 M3 moving at all, so in my experience, the current issues are definitely making the delivery times more unpredictable than ever. I would add though that Tesla’s communication through the process could be better ie. A phone call or email to explain why delivery dates move wouldn‘t change the outcome but would be more customer friendly.
Covid plus supply chains plus war and rumours of war plus overwhelmed with their success.

Imagine what it must have been like waiting for the Model T to arrive; your first ever car!
And no online slightly paranoid international community of enthusiasts to share the waiting room. No MrMiserable to report on the direction of trains leaving the Detroit area.
And no idea that a world recession would strike before you had paid off your lease.

Give me this forum and time to blow even more
on accessories ( useful and otherwise) whilst waiting three or four months and putting up with my X3 - anytime........
.... now then.... a quick look at my EDD.

Not had a EDD from Tesla yet, but had a text this morning saying…

”We are still in the process of calculating delivery timescales…..As soon as a vehicle is assigned we will be in contact to make delivery arrangements.”

Does this mean delivery is imminent, or is it just a holding text?

Any guidance welcome from seasoned Tesla’ers. Thank you.

So I've become a little obsessed with this forum since my order went in for 2x MYLR on 31st March. They're both company lease vehicles, so I don't have visibility on when either vehicle is due. But both are the same spec (metalic paint, 20" inductions and black interior), but the only difference is that one is Grey & the other is blue. The dates I've been given from the lease company (select car) are saying that the grey will be ready on May 1st & the blue August 31st & of course mines the bloody blue one 🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm struggling to believe that the Grey would be that soon, and the Blue would take that long. However, I'd love to hear from people who ordered around the same time to see what dates they're currently getting. I'm really keen to have them both arrive as close together as possible to save on hassle when renewals come up, so I can just sort them both together...but I feel like I may be waiting a little longer for my blue one.
Tesla deliver nothing to the UK in the first 6 weeks of a quarter so basially your grey car is predicted to beat the end of quarter cutoff the blue one is not. Very common. My car is estimated for June but if it slips more I am not expecting July. Straight to August do not pass go do not collect your car.

You've clearly never purchased a new car before? I've seen many manufacturers from Mercedes to vauxhall not get anywhere near their estimated delivery dates, they're often delayed at the very last minute, sometimes by a few months. We ordered 2 cars from mercedes 2 years ago, they gave us a 6 month estimated wait and then a week before, it was delayed for 2 months, and then a further month.

I ordered a Mokka e (now cancelled) earlier this year and at the time of ordering, Vauxhall had said 10weeks for delivery. 10 weeks later, absolutely nothing, not even a build date and no sign of one so, Tesla in my opinion, are way better than most manufacturers when it comes to wait times and delivery updates.

You try ordering a VAG vehicle. They don’t give you any dates at all, which they promptly sail past anyway.

We have an ID.3 Tour on order since 7-July-2021 which has been “in build” with no dates or updates since 4-Oct-2021 …. that’s over 6 months. Nobody has the faintest clue when it might escape the factory, least of all the VW dealer.

In contrast my Model Y dates have slipped by a couple weeks, and I’m as confident as I can be that they might - at worst - slip by another couple weeks. Compared to the VW shirtshow, I know which purchase experience I’d prefer and which is delivering respect to the customer.

Unchanged for me.
and me. ;)
model y delivery date.jpg

You try ordering a VAG vehicle. They don’t give you any dates at all, which they promptly sail past anyway.

We have an ID.3 Tour on order since 7-July-2021 which has been “in build” with no dates or updates since 4-Oct-2021 …. that’s over 6 months. Nobody has the faintest clue when it might escape the factory, least of all the VW dealer.

In contrast my Model Y dates have slipped by a couple weeks, and I’m as confident as I can be that they might - at worst - slip by another couple weeks. Compared to the VW shirtshow, I know which purchase experience I’d prefer and which is delivering respect to the customer.
Placed an order on 7th of March for the MYLR, white, black interior, 19" wheels and my EDD changed last week to 30 May-27 June from the previous May DD. However when I placed my order the EDD was July, so I guess I can't really complain:confused:
MY EDDs seem to be bunching up to the late May-Late June window. It's all about a triumph of optimism over potential disappointment; they will do their very best to shift maximum metal before the end of Q2.

We just need MR Miserable ships to be ready to receive and then put the hammer down to Southampton. It's a titanic task for Shanghai ..........🙂.....God bless 'em.

Reactions: Daedalus
Placed an order on 7th of March for the MYLR, white, black interior, 19" wheels and my EDD changed last week to 30 May-27 June from the previous May DD. However when I placed my order the EDD was July, so I guess I can't really complain:confused:
Almost exactly the same as me, except I'm a day earlier and I went for black. Keeping everything crossed for next two weeks !!