Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla outgrew the Heathrow site

Got the M3s from there, as well as the MSs ... in a warehouse alongside the original facilities. They were shifting 200 M3 cars a day at peak ... PowerPoint presentation for groups of people collecting M3s ... not much use when I collected the MS from there! and not the same as the current handover when I picked up the MY at Bluewater with several floors in a concrete multi-storey and a rickety wooden desk out in the open for the handover staff's "office"!

that first S sighting

My first sighting of a Model-S was the test drive I had! I had a succession of Blue Motion VW Golfs to be Eco ... and then discovered that VW DieselGate had shafted me ... looked around for better Eco alternatives, and discovered there was an electric car (that I had never heard of) that did more than 200 miles ... 4x the price of the Golf so some teeth-sucking ... during the wait they discontinued the 85 I had ordered, so I had to increase my spend for the 90 (as the 75 + refund didn't have enough range) ... more teeth-sucking. Haven't looked back since ...

what to PPF and what not to PPF,

I have never had a car detailed before. When I got the first Model-S I decided it was an expensive car (as above, 4x what I had been accustomed to paying) and having always noticed stone chips on the bonnet, but them never having bothered me - car is "A to B" for me - I decided that would more likely bother me on an expensive car, so had the whole car done (about £5K from memory). I've never had to worry about snuggling up against rural hedgerows, and the car was sideswiped on a roundabout. Looked like the side had been scraped down a brick wall. A couple of small dents in drivers door, but after a wash there was no paint damage at all, and from a distance you wouldn't have known. With hindsight glad I had it done. No value as a Tesla trade-in though and wasn't in the sale listing ... so someone got themselves an "extra"

Had the replacement Model-S wrapped the same / for same reasons. But not bothered with the M3 nor its replacement MY ...

Budget is not infinite 😂

Maybe depends how long you will keep the car?

Then put the piggy bank out to stud ...or maybe in reverse order.

Put the stud out and see how the piggy bank gets on? :rolleyes:

I've never had to worry about snuggling up against rural hedgerows......,
They are a nightmare .... I once made a nasty mess of a friend's new black RR Sport due to such a snuggle.

I suppose the only way to avoid this less desirable aspect of a bucolic excursion is a full PPF.

That other rural irritation, the Sunday driver, can only be avoided by not being one.....

Does anyone know how long it takes Tesla to approve trade in? Submitted pictures over 2 weeks ago and heard nothing since
The speculation is that as the trade-in value is only valid for a set time, they don’t provide it until a car / vin is assigned to you.

This saves on it expiring and being re-appraised, you getting disappointed, etc.

My trade-in is the same.

The speculation is that as the trade-in value is only valid for a set time, they don’t provide it until a car / vin is assigned to you.

This saves on it expiring and being re-appraised, you getting disappointed, etc.

My trade-in is the same.
Not sure that is the case. A colleague has an MYLR on the way in June and has already received a trade in valuation for his M3LR. He does not have a VIN yet.

Does anyone know how long it takes Tesla to approve trade in? Submitted pictures over 2 weeks ago and heard nothing since
I had an email saying once a cars assigned I'd receive a trade in offer.

Not sure how relevant but I had another email today requesting the correct angled pictures within 7 days.

It would imply I've been assigned a car but could also be them getting prepared for the mad q rush.

Reactions: Toblerone
In the other thread - some people have reported their EDD now being Aug-Sept…
In the nicest possible way this is not really informative or indicative of a trend without the Model Type, the Spec and the order date:). Maybe even the title of "....the other thread."

I pleased to report that my MY Red/white/Geminis. OD 2 March 2022 has not changed since that first and only change a few weeks ago.

May 28 -June 25

Reactions: Utumno
Those fitting PPF etc, contact your insurance first as some will cancel your policy if you go ahead

I’ll likely be going with Admiral or Direct Line depending on who is cheaper on the day like-for-like.

I’d prefer LV but it seems they’re an extra £200 and they demand a tracker fitted too which is too rich for my blood.

Reactions: Wattsisname