Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m inclined to agree with others that, a change from June to ‘May’ isn’t a good thing. It does beg the question of why would my EDD have changed so many times June, and been more specific latterly? For a technology company, the initial experience a new customer gets following the order processs, would put me right off any other business. I can almost accept no change to dates until a vehicle is assigned or ready, but why the narrowing of EDD to 27-30 June, which I’ve had for the last week, before going back to May.

I’m inclined to agree with others that, a change from June to ‘May’ isn’t a good thing. It does beg the question of why would my EDD have changed so many times June, and been more specific latterly? For a technology company, the initial experience a new customer gets following the order processs, would put me right off any other business. I can almost accept no change to dates until a vehicle is assigned or ready, but why the narrowing of EDD to 27-30 June, which I’ve had for the last week, before going back to May.
Only reason I would accept is that a dock worker just missed the ship's bridge and sunk your future car deep in the port... :D

• Funny
Reactions: Real Reado
I’ll take you up on the offer to ask questions and escape the eDd madness!

At what % of full charge do you lose the regen braking?
Reason I ask is Mrs T will drive the car mainly so I want it to behave as consistently as possible, but still be as full as possible for the start of the weeks commute.
So should the car be charged to say only 80% or can it be 95%?
Good question - no idea. Never experienced it! I'd speculate somewhere near 100% if it happens at all. For example, if you charge it to 100% and live at the top of a big hill, set off down hill and lift off the accelerator, I suppose the re-gen might not fully work then, but I have no idea to be honest and am just guessing. You can still use your normal brakes though! I suspect there is likely some hidden extra capacity used in the battery anyway, so that Tesla can "guarantee" it holds the range within their guarantee in the years to come. The car probably just tops it up a bit over the 100% shown to you in the case you live at the top of a hill at start at 100%.

I've charged to 100% once or twice and immediately set off and didn't notice any difference in the re-gen braking at all, so take that as you will. Thats probably the correct answer.
We both use the strongest re-gen setting ("Hold"). This is a shock to be honest when first used (feels like you hit the brakes just by lifting off the accelerator!) but after a short while of getting used to is absolutely amazing, I hardly ever, if at all actually use the brakes, just feather the accelerator. After a while you can time it to roll to exactly where you want to stop and the car holds exactly in that position for you. It's so smooth coming to a halt as well. You have 3 settings to choose from but we both love the top one best, by far !

The general recommendation for prolonging the current Model Y's battery is to operate the battery in the 20-80 % range on a daily basis and keep it plugged in all the time (when you're at home!). This helps to alleviate range anxiety, as you always leave home 80% topped up. Which feels amazing by the way, its like the magic petrol fairies visited in the night and filled the car up 😂 Also, if you set the app to condition the cabin temp before you set off then you wont waste any battery power en-route. (for example 8:15 every morning/ week day morning: preheat/cool to 20c (and de-ice) or condition it manually before setting off).

Charge to 100% just before setting off only if you need to go on a long journey. Try to top up before reaching 20%. Thats the plan. Although occasionally breaking those general rules probably won't degrade your range or harm the car too much, if at all. Supercharging isn't that good for the battery, its relatively expensive and should be reserved for those long road trips or emergencies or convenience(?)

After 3 months, 80% shows us 262 or 261 miles on our car. Slide to 100% and it show 326 miles. It's stayed like that from new for us, so far.

I'd take the indicated range figure with a hefty pinch of salt, (this doesn't feel natural); It's like your ICE manufacturers MPG figure, depends how you drive, speed, the conditions, temp, wind, lights on, A/C on, etc, etc. Its not real world accurate in the same way the MPG figure isn't.

Home charging is the key to happy ownership. Go tethered. and I can highly recommend the Tesla wall connector, as you can set charging times etc from within the app, or the car anyway if you have dual rate (we don't), so a smart charger isn't necessary at all unless you have solar/ wind. Its a one handed 5 second job to plug it in using the Tesla wall connector (The charge flap opens automatically for you when you press the button on the lead and closes when you remove it, so no faffing, on the phone with apps or manually opening the flap or heaven forbid getting a lead out of the frunk - first world problems solved!)

Ok, I've babbled on enough. Short answer is it doesn't (or I've never experienced it). Hope the other stuff is of interest to you/ others.

Question about dates:

I presume at some point Tesla give you a date and time to collect. Is there any flexibility in that? Seems mad you spend £55k on a car and are summoned to collect from a car park somewhere in the UK and if you are away on holiday or can’t get out of work you lose that slot and potentially the car?

Question about dates:

I presume at some point Tesla give you a date and time to collect. Is there any flexibility in that? Seems mad you spend £55k on a car and are summoned to collect from a car park somewhere in the UK and if you are away on holiday or can’t get out of work you lose that slot and potentially the car?
3 days flexibility usually.

Think about all the people that order Teslas but don't join up to forums like this to enjoy the pandemonium, confusion and EDD detective work :p
I know its pathetic really but
_108971123_008aa0fb-2d28-44fa-acde-dde6aeff0f50.jpg

Still holding onto EDD June 18 - June 30. God knows how.
Same here. The wait is so frustrating.

Just wondering why tesla keep changing the EDD, especially from june to september.

- Those who are yet to complete the pre -delivery tasks ( payment, trade in etc)
- Unpopular configuration ( for eg blue/white/20")
- Those who ordered after march

just a thought :) I might be wrong

Same here. The wait is so frustrating.

Just wondering why tesla keep changing the EDD, especially from june to september.

- Those who are yet to complete the pre -delivery tasks ( payment, trade in etc)
- Unpopular configuration ( for eg blue/white/20")
- Those who ordered after march

just a thought :) I might be wrong
All TA's state the factory updates the EDD's in line with production. I am inclined to agree with this by the nature of the moving date inline with stories like shortage of supplies etc. When a shortage story hits, dates tend to roll. When a story hits its ramping again, dates stop rolling or move forward. It feels that way anyway.

Reactions: WW7490