Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think he still needs the wall street effect (Twitter debacle hasn't helped share price ...), so that needs good quarterly results. He may have been banking on Berlin coming on stream months ago ... which would have smoothed things out in EU ...

I had a test drive in the first Model-S ... ordered both the M3 and MY before there was anything in the UK to test drive! and my first experience of both was driving it away from collection.

Model-S was a whip-the-sheet-off and an hour's one-on-one with the handover guy.

Turned up for the M3 and got a powerpoint presentation ... told me everything I needed to know.

Turned up for the MY and found two guys at a wooden table in a multi-storey car park ...
I test drove the Y but I can't remember the date because it wasn't booked, we turned up on spec. Ithink it was a day after ordering.

I loved the way the demo was handled with minimum tutorial but a warm willingness to assist if so requested. It thereby proved how easy and intuitive the car is. Although, to be fair, I had watched million YouTube videos.

So pleased to be EDDeed back to July from Aug/September. I'll enjoy the anticipation a while before the re retreat to Autumn.

Model-S was a whip-the-sheet-off and an hour's one-on-one with the handover guy.

Turned up for the M3 and got a powerpoint presentation ... told me everything I needed to know.

Turned up for the MY and found two guys at a wooden table in a multi-storey car park ...
Now I kind of want to see what your handover’s gonna be like when you’ll order a cybertruck or a roadster :D

D666F858-E00F-43C6-B315-1CD38C2670A3.jpeg

Wonder when my May EDD will change??

Email from Zen this morning to say mine is now due to be delivered end of June/early July... but hasn't been matched to a vehicle despite Tesla telling my last week that I was provisionally matched!
Considering all the matches that happened 7-10 days ago were in main for orders before 10th March, you'd be lucky to get a match.

Contradicting advice is concerning however. Maybe lease companies have extra admin to do from their pool of orders and allocations.

Considering all the matches that happened 7-10 days ago were in main for orders before 10th March, you'd be lucky to get a match.

Contradicting advice is concerning however. Maybe lease companies have extra admin to do from their pool of orders and allocations.
Yeah I agree. Frustrating when I ordered for a May delivery (despite them knowing about the lockdown at this point and confirming it would be in May) then they started taking orders for June deliveries. Even now there are other lease companies taking orders for deliveries in June... surely these are 100% not going to happen?

at 70 on a dual carriageway I felt I was being thrown around, as if I was going down a farm track. This is a road I drive a lot in my 10 year old Hyundai and it rides considerably better. Being given only 30 minute to test it doesn't help as it's not like I can try a variety of roads.
No sense buying a car you have serious doubts over. Not something you should have to learn to like.

I ordered my car through Tusker Salary Sacrafice on 20th April. I don't have access to the Tesla app because it is a company car so can only rely on updates from Tusker. The expected delivery date has been early October with the status as 'On Order'. Over the weekend it changed to early July and a status of 'Car in transit'.

Does anyone here have any experience of using tusker and the accuract of their information?

The car I ordered is MY, Grey, Black, 19s

I enjoyed my test drive and it was what sold me getting a MY. I am used to a firmer ride though and have learnt to keep my eyes wide open for potholes etc. @looseend as others have said, don't get one if you don't like it, i did that years ago, trying to have a sensible car that i thought id learn to love, but absolutely hated driving it